Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 17:33   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Indeed. The c pillar resembles of Safari. There was a post of safari branded H7X Clay model by Pratap bose on Instagram which he deleted later. Also one of my friends works in Tata Motors design confirmed that it was meant to be Safari from Day 1.
tushky is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:48   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLANTE View Post
Couple of more pictures of upcoming Safari has surfaced in social media.

Attachment 2106570

Attachment 2106569

Pics by : Gaadify
Thanks for the pics, Volante.

The blue safari seems to have a sunroof (possibly panoramic)? The shade covering the sunroof from the inside is visible on the headliner.

I guess Tata has been listening to the people!

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 11th January 2021 at 17:51.
Enigmatic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:57   #708
BHPian

I remember bose say in an interview that each car should look unique and not like Russian dolls. I think that's exactly what they have done with harrier and safari. 2 years to launch the same car with extra seats, stepped roof and Rear disc brakes is not very convincing. I wish they surprise us with a 4x4 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
I hope they change the alloy design to differentiate it from the harrier. The discovery sport like alloy looked cool.
Benoit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:59   #709
BHPian

Quote:

In the second pic (Blue safari) and second vehicle, looking closely by zooming in, I can see some cut-out portion for the inside roof. I know it has been confirmed by one of the earlier posts that there will not be sunroof for safari for now, but this picture is making me curious!
varman742 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 18:00   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie chirps and confirms 2 features for the Safari/Gravitas:-

- Electronic Parking Brake
- Panoramic Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
The blue safari seems to have a sunroof (possibly panoramic)?
Quote:
The fact that the camoflauge wrap was newly applied was a bit surprising to be honest,
All this proves that RavenAvi was right. That indeed is the pano sunroof, clearly visible with the Safari name on the rear
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20210111_181044.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 11th January 2021 at 18:11.
uday.ere is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:15   #711
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Stepped Roof Design teased by Pratap Bose, that iconic rear quarter window reimagined

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20210111_191338.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th January 2021 at 19:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:23   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2106584

Spotted the safari yesterday on the mumbai pune expressway. Sorry for the really bad angle but I was sitting in the middle of the rear seat. The fact that the camoflauge wrap was newly applied was a bit surprising to be honest, it also had a little strip of camo above the DRL
What's with the camouflage so close to launch ? AWD ? 6/7 Seater ? The mystery is promising.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:33   #713
BHPian

I feel like the H7X wasn't the Safari from DAY 1, but it became the Safari somewhere along the way. Maybe Tata realised that since they are launching a new 7-seat SUV, they might as well name it Safari to keep the brand alive.

The reason I say this is that I noticed significant changes in the body of later test mules as compared to the very first ones that were spotted. The earlier mules seemed to have a very Velar or Evoque like design language.
Maybe they decided later to incorporate the Safari esque stepped roof, have a look:

Side profile:

Later test mules:
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-images.jpeg

Initial test mules:
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-images-1.jpeg

Rear 3/4 view:

Initial mule:
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-images-2.jpeg

Later mule:
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-images-3.jpeg

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 11th January 2021 at 20:49.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:03   #714
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2106570

Man, the top end one looks absolutely brilliant and majestic from this angle. This is just drool worthy. The road presence will definitely do justice to the name "Safari".
Avinash_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:07   #715
BHPian

Looks like we just need to accept this as the Safari regardless of when it got the name and move on to the actual car.

Bose ain't giving in .
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot_20210111210048.jpg
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:12   #716
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to see guys here guessing about Safari name, the designer's talk about it being from the start for Harrier etc.

You think on day one they designed that creeper at the rear ?
Old 11th January 2021, 21:25   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
I feel like the H7X wasn't the Safari from DAY 1, but it became the Safari somewhere along the way. Maybe Tata realised that since they are launching a new 7-seat SUV, they might as well name it Safari to keep the brand alive.

The reason I say this is that I noticed significant changes in the body of later test mules as compared to the very first ones that were spotted. The earlier mules seemed to have a very Velar or Evoque like design language.
Maybe they decided later to incorporate the Safari esque stepped roof, have a look:

Side profile:

Later test mules:
Attachment 2106754

Initial test mules:
Attachment 2106755

Rear 3/4 view:

Initial mule:
Attachment 2106756

Later mule:
Attachment 2106757
The photos you have shown are 2 different Vehicles. 1 is H5X which turned into Harrier. And other is H7X which was designed as safari, later named as Gravitas and now again renamed as Safari. Both H5X and H7X were designed simultaneously. You can see in the unveiling video of H5X concept.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot_2021011121243276.jpg  

tushky is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:34   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Lack of sunroof is going to be a deal-breaker for many. XUV500 and Creta 7 seater will definitely have it. On the other hand, if they manage to implement the split roof like Disco 4, that will be an even better differentiation. They can even advertise it as a feature.

Might be off-topic, but many Indians don't know how to use sunroof safely. Last week, I was driving Bangalore to Hyderabad and was going around 100kmph in my Jazz on NH44 , when an Audi SUV with two young boys(probably around 10-12 years) sticking out of the sunroof zoomed past me on the highway. Clearly money doesn't buy common sense! And people can have a degree and still be stupid! All it takes is sudden braking for the kids to have injuries to their back or other parts of their body, not to mention hitting something hanging down from trees etc, or flying stones/pebbles from trucks in front.

A week earlier when driving the other way HYD-BLR, I saw a Honda City which had hit a truck standing on the side and was badly damaged. Read later that family of 4 from Blr had died in that accident. Mentioning this just to state how accident prone NH44 is.

Please use sure you don't have anyone sticking out of sunroof in moving car, especially on highways - that too kids!
sanchari is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:39   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post

The reason I say this is that I noticed significant changes in the body of later test mules as compared to the very first ones that were spotted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
The photos you have shown are 2 different Vehicles. 1 is H5X which turned into Harrier. And other is H7X which was designed as safari, later named as Gravitas and now again renamed as Safari. Both H5X and H7X were designed simultaneously. You can see in the unveiling video of H5X concept.
+1 to Tushky; also the mules that you've posted were earliest ones spotted on the road, and at that time Tata was testing the Harrier under the body of Discovery (sport?). That's why the semblance.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:43   #720
Senior - BHPian

The safari will no doubt be a runaway success. I can smell it.
A larger vehicle also means larger profits for the firm. From the tiago to the Safari, It has been a brave move by Tata. Also as an ex Tata car owner I wish them all the best. The Safari is a brand within it own. I did read some comments out there by folks saying the pedigree of the new safari might not be up there with the old one. I say what's the need ? If you need to match the so called pedigree, you need to do a Fortuner or endeavor. And then the price would be very high and a new debate would arise. The "gravitas" Safari is the right vehicle.

Tata motors today stands for a lot of things. Safety & Electric technology have made us take notice of the brand

To me it seems like the harrier was the test bed for launching the "Safari" ! For those of us who felt that the launch of the harrier was rushed, it seems that the harrier was the teaser of the main event to come.

Now all that awaits are the ADs. Now that is a very high benchmark set by the predecessor.
TrackDay is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed