Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 23:38   #901
BHPian

Re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
The Safari/Harrier looks awesome without the big bulbous headlights but alas, its not practical!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
How i wish they had atleast changed the headlight design. Just my humble attempt at photoshop.
Exactly. I have been telling this ever since the first Harrier came out. Infact the original HBX design had smaller eyes. See the picture to see the BIG EYES problem. Tried tweeting and tagging Bose Pratap too but no luck so far. One of the reasons the DARK harrier wins hearts is that the teared up big eyes feeling fades out in the dark color.

Hope they change that to something right in proportion in future.

Regards
Dev
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-bigeyes.jpeg  

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screen-shot-20210114-11.36.31-pm.png  

irdevanand is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:01   #902
BHPian

Too much “Harrier”.

For me, the rear end and rear-side profile looks good. They should have done something more to change the front fascia to distinguish it from Harrier rather than just different grill work.

Safari lost its exclusivity.
arunrajk81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:05   #903
BHPian

Tata design team seems to have got the proportions just right on this one, and it will not need a dual tone colour roof to look good. It's presence on the road would be so unmistakable because of this side silhouette. Harrier numbers would definitely be affected if this is priced 1.2-1.3 laks above it as speculated.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot_202101142356092.png  

Last edited by damodar : 15th January 2021 at 00:13.
damodar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:08   #904
BHPian

My friend called the showroom today in Chennai to find when the display vehicle of Safari will be available for him to have a look. The SA told him that the new Safari is just an extended Harrier and he can come and have a look at the Harrier itself and its just 02 additional seats .
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:12   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
My friend called the showroom today in Chennai to find when the display vehicle of Safari will be available for him to have a look. The SA told him that the new Safari is just an extended Harrier and he can come and have a look at the Harrier itself and its just 02 additional seats .
Hope Tata trains it’s staff properly because then the sole purpose of introducing a Safari would be lost if the SA says it’s just a Harrier!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:42   #906
BHPian

The Safari just looks so beautiful and proportionate. A big macho modern SUV that has the right elements everywhere. Unexpectedly, I like that hair-bow kind of thing as well on seeing the latest photos.

I wouldn't deny that I would have really liked if they just had named the Harrier & Gravitas (a.k.a Safari) something like the 'Safari' and 'Safari Pro Max'
freakmuzik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 01:52   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Hope Tata trains it’s staff properly because then the sole purpose of introducing a Safari would be lost if the SA says it’s just a Harrier!
Can't really blame the SA either. He was being honest and I guess it's quite obvious even to a layman. I don't really expect the Safari to be any different to the Harrier even in terms of handling and overall ride. Both are based on the same platform, both use the same torsion beam at the rear with the only difference being the Safari is slightly longer than the Harrier.

Coming to the design, I quite like the rear end and the side profile but I think the stepped roof along with the kink in the rear window was avoidable. Yes, I do know it wants to stick to the Safari lineage but I don't think it suits the "Gravitas". It feels like an afterthought which it probably even was for all we know.

Last edited by vishy76 : 15th January 2021 at 01:53.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 02:49   #908
BHPian

Wondering what will be impact on harrier 5 seater especially for those like me who have just taken delivery.

The last thing any new owner wants is his vehicle becoming devalued or less appealing just because 7 seater version of same vehicle is branded differently.

On the other hand, harrier's value may increase if its perceived as 5 seater safari.
shashankrt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 06:41   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
Wondering what will be impact on harrier 5 seater especially for those like me who have just taken delivery.

The last thing any new owner wants is his vehicle becoming devalued or less appealing just because 7 seater version of same vehicle is branded differently.

On the other hand, harrier's value may increase if its perceived as 5 seater safari.
Considering how hot the 5 seater SUV segment is in India right now, the worry is unnecessary. The Harrier BS6 has seen a resurgence in the market, despite the Korean onslaught.

I think for the Harrier to realise its true potential Tata needs to launch the petrol variant. Hoping the rumoured direct injection 1.5 turbo petrol will see the daylight soon.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 07:38   #910
BHPian

As suggested by Tata Motors, Safari will come with 4X4 or AWD in the future. The platform has all necessary attributes. So Safari will get what it deserves. Little issues/niggles that initial batch of Harriers had are now sorted. Safari will have none (ideally should).

Renaming Grativas as Safari will definitely do wonders to this 6/7 seater SUV. Apart from all the features, another gimmicky feature, the headrest displays, if was added to the new Safari, just like we had in the older generation coud add that personal entertainment option for the passengers. Something that none of the vehicles nowadays provide, barring high end luxury ones. Ofcourse these are available as aftermarket additions. It's trivial but features is what makes our market go ga-ga. So why not!

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-images-8.jpeg
keeprevving is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 09:18   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

However, features that are still left out
- Ventilated Seats
- Wireless Charger
- 36o Degree Camera or Lane Watch Camera
360 degree cameras are much needed in this car and even in Harrier.
Jattitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 09:53   #912
BHPian

I feel Tata eventually wants Safari to take the lead and they are okay with relegating Harrier as the second fiddle as long as sales are cannibalized internally rather than XUV or Creta eating into the pie.

The future focus will be to retain and push the Safari brand to such an extent that the current 5 seater Harrier is then referred to as a mini Safari.

Harrier hasn't really flown off the shelves and this could turn out to be a good move in the long run.
trek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:20   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Wonderful and it's getting recognition! Tata Motors have thanked you!
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot_20210115101559.jpg  

digitalnirvana is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:38   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Exactly. I have been telling this ever since the first Harrier came out. Infact the original HBX design had smaller eyes. See the picture to see the BIG EYES problem. Tried tweeting and tagging Bose Pratap too but no luck so far. One of the reasons the DARK harrier wins hearts is that the teared up big eyes feeling fades out in the dark color.

Hope they change that to something right in proportion in future.

Regards
Dev
Totally agree. Its been one of the issues with me. Doesnt look slick. Also, the DRL glass covering looks like aged and dim looking even in a new vehicle.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:39   #915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Sad to see BHPians making such remarks, no offence but this mentality is the major reason unsafe cars sell in bucketloads in our country.
Emotions aside why have they given Harrier 6 airbags, ESP and bucketloads of safety features if they could easily get a GNCAP 5 rating with just 2 airbags and corner brake control like they have in Altroz?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks