Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 14:44   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Very nice pics and the car is going to awesome! I'd still like to see it in person to be sure if I like the looks and the quality of interiors etc. but it's going to be a great product for sure. Good job Maruti!

I think there is going to a tough fight between the SX4 and the Spark for this years Indian COTY. I'll put my money on the SX4.
Yes Yes .... I guess we know there is a FIAT connection to SX4.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:55   #467
BHPian

Is it only me - I somehow feel the exterior looks a bit not-so-proportional. Meaning, overall something wrong with the shape...

And the rear leg space (though the front seats may have been moved back to their max) seems a bit less.

As most say here, price it above 9lacs and it will die even before takeoff.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:59   #468
Senior - BHPian

dear all,

please do not use my name and call up people at different showrooms for your requests to see the car. i m getting calls from showrooms not to leak the snaps out. this is only for educative info sake. please refrain until 8th may. just two days away. if at all you still want to see the car anywhere, use your own name and if they let you to see it, go ahead, please dont use needless references to me. this post is based on a factual call i got just now.
Old 5th May 2007, 15:11   #469
Senior - BHPian

Well car looks good in pictures lets see how good it looks on road. Even Verna looked good to me in pics but on road it doesnt have that grunt....

Lets see how much Suzuki has brought the Men BACK (BACH)

Nice pics GeekSrik

Well if there was something on TBHP like member of the month my vote would have gone to GeekSrik

Last edited by abhibh : 5th May 2007 at 15:16.
Old 5th May 2007, 16:37   #470
Team-BHP Support

car looks good, and i guess rear space will also be more looking at overall proportion.

pricing will be the deciding factor and going by maruti's tradition i would expect it to be on the higher side, still 8 to 8.5 is justified.

the tv report said its a heavily moded baleno engine putting 102 bhp and 14 kg torque?? is it all together new engine or ol baleno reworked?? if its later then price might be competive

OT @Geek, you have indeed become a wanted man, atleast ur name , kiddin
@ others: please do keep in mind geeks request, its very impolite to quote someone else's name for a sneak peak and all
Old 5th May 2007, 16:55   #471
Senior - BHPian

important:

its on my own prerogative that i went and clicked the photographs that i did and put it up here. the salesmen involved there were in no way involved with the whole matter as I had said earlier. the information on this forum has been emailed to maruti, with the photos and its sad that such a thing has happened.

this is a clarification from my side that its me and only me who took the photos and shared it here on the interest i had on the sx4.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:00   #472
Senior - BHPian

I don't see why MUL would have a problem. Any publicity is good publicity. Atleast it's more educated publicity than what ignorant news channels have to report.

Besides I do hope that they see the " Swift weak clutch" thread and have something to say about it.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:07   #473
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't see why MUL would have a problem. Any publicity is good publicity. Atleast it's more educated publicity than what ignorant news channels have to report.
Absolutely. Maruti - Get a life!

Quote:
Besides I do hope that they see the " Swift weak clutch" thread and have something to say about it.
Totally. Look around for more relevant information to you.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:08   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think there is going to a tough fight between the SX4 and the Spark for this years Indian COTY. I'll put my money on the SX4
I put my money on the Spark, cheaper car + GM bribes = COTY

Now i got a idea, why not plonk this M16A into a Swift tune it to 125bhp or so, slap on these 205/60/16 inchers on the Swift and bang you got a Swift Sport
Old 5th May 2007, 17:09   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
important:

its on my own prerogative that i went and clicked the photographs that i did and put it up here. the salesmen involved there were in no way involved with the whole matter as I had said earlier. the information on this forum has been emailed to maruti, with the photos and its sad that such a thing has happened.

this is a clarification from my side that its me and only me who took the photos and shared it here on the interest i had on the sx4.
Goodness me how come they have reached maruti
Old 5th May 2007, 17:16   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

nice to see refreshing products in succession from maruti...but their attitude is still "sarkari"...why would they complain on positive publicity? to each his own i suppose...
Old 5th May 2007, 17:24   #477
BHPian

Well guys, I just now got to look at sx4 in Bangalore (I didn't read this thread since last night, otherwise I too would have taken snaps). I got to sit inside and have a look. It was at Pratham Bangalore. That guy called me to have a look at sx4 (since I kept asking about it). Yet TD is not ready.

- There were 3 ZXIs, 2 gold ones and 1 silver.
- He doesn't have any idea about price, spec, etc, always says "No idea sir"
- Front look is very good, but side/rear look is not impressive (as someone said, DESI look). NHC has good looking compared to sx4
- i saw boot, at least 400 lrs for sure. boot mat has small handle for easy lifting
- driver seat is very tall, even with lowest height setting. feels like SUV, I cud very well see diff with NHC where it feels like I am sitting in lowest position
- dash board looks good. digital clock and temperature reading (guess it is outside temp, not sure), steering wheel intgrated audio controls, mp3/wma player, 3 knobs for adjusting fan, ac, last one i fotgot what it is for. rpm, speed, fuel empty/full & engine temperature meters.
- Grnd clearance is clearly higher, he said 190 mm, but i doubt. at least 175 mm
- rear view mirror feels like SUV again
- seats are better in NHC i thought, this one is definitely not hard though
- driver seat can be bent almost flat, I am not sure if this is possible in NHC - I liked this feature :-)
- tried to set highest & lowest levels for driver seat height adjust, but i didn't feel comparable difference (guess he didn't do it right)
- glove space wise, NHC has more space than this
- wrt rear leg space, I normally try out onething. Move driver seat to maximum position towards back and sit in rear seat. I guess leg space is same as NHC
- but generally NHC feels like roomy, this isn't. I will chk it out again
- toy space back to rear seats: this has more space than NHC
- driver seat air bag is there. not sure if other air bag is on front side pass, i will confirm later

He said that it will compete with Corolla, feels like OTR wud b atleast 8.5.
If it is priced < 8.2, i would book it straight away. he is accepting bookings already.

Now, I just want to wait till prices r out to decide between NHC (Exi) & sx4.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:27   #478
Senior - BHPian

If the SX4 is a hit, then it wont rule the segment more then a year, because the Linea which seems quite competent is going to be launched with in a year.
Old 5th May 2007, 17:30   #479
Team-BHP Support

maruti will not make any foolish mistake like using a forum photo, comments and all against a dealer or sales guys and trust me all this has increased the Hype and not decreased for SX4

my guess the dealer is just bluffing for his own sake
Old 5th May 2007, 17:44   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If the SX4 is a hit, then it wont rule the segment more then a year, because the Linea which seems quite competent is going to be launched with in a year.
Not sure if FIAT can take maruti head on. I am hoping SX4 to hit HONDA hard.

-POGU
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks