Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2020, 00:17   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The initial lag or delay which I felt in the gearbox has reduced drastically! After around 600 kms in the ODO I started feeling a noticeable change in the engine response.
Wild guess, but it could quite possibly be something to do with the run-in period. 500 odd km seems about right for a German 4-pot. Maybe the electronics prevent it from being roughed up in the early days to prevent damage to the infamous DQ200. Seems like a very German thing to do.

Last edited by AamodB : 27th June 2020 at 00:18.
AamodB is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 08:08   #302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post

You have made a great decision ! And I have a sweet surprise for you The initial lag or delay which I felt in the gearbox has reduced drastically ! After around 600 kms in the ODO i started feeling a noticeable change in the engine response. The car doesn't feel restricted like before. I am guessing the TCU took its sweet time to learn and adapt to the driving style. Its not just me, but a friend of mine who had driven my car few weeks back mentioned the gearbox to be bit slow, but after he took the car for a spin yesterday he too came and told me the car feels much livelier now. I am hoping the technical experts could comment more on this, but there is a noticeable change, now the gear shifts are as good as on my vRS !
Wow, that is wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing that. I'm looking forward to the car eagerly.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 13:59   #303
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 176
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The Karoq everyday brings a smile on my face, and everyone who got inside the car say this is one of the best interiors they have ever been into. A friend of mine who owns a 2016 Audi Q3 admits the Karoq feels more luxurious than his Audi. !
The interiors of the Karoq look really elegant & classy, infact I will say they are even better than than those on my Octavia 1.8Tsi L&K which I bought in Jan. this year.

One thing that is immediately noticeable is the placement of the touch screen, it sits higher up in line with your vision and neatly integrated between the two a/c vents. One doesn't have to gaze down to look at the screen. Its a great positioning. Secondly the absence of a manual handbrake frees up a lot of space and lends to a flowing design, plus the electric parking parking brake is just way too convenient. This is one feature I sorely miss in the Octavia.

The interiors are definitely very upmarket and the exterior styling is also very contemporary and stylish..... its a revolution over the previous generation oddball Yeti. Another discussion I notice often on the forum is the comparison with Kia Seltos. The differences have been discussed threadbare, so I will not get in to that, but one thing I would like like to point out is the positioning of the two. Anyone who looks at Seltos will rarely think of it as a 25L vehicle whereas the Karoq looks and feels every bit like a 30L car.

Last edited by Timothy : 28th June 2020 at 14:13. Reason: typo
Timothy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 16:24   #304
BHPian
 
Mr.Perera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: TVM/KL
Posts: 39
Thanked: 539 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The interiors of the Karoq look really elegant & classy, infact I will say they are even better than than those on my Octavia 1.8Tsi L&K which I bought in Jan. this year.

One thing that is immediately noticeable is the placement of the touch screen, it sits higher up in line with your vision and neatly integrated between the two a/c vents. One doesn't have to gaze down to look at the screen. Its a great positioning. Secondly the absence of a manual handbrake frees up a lot of space and lends to a flowing design, plus the electric parking parking brake is just way too convenient. This is one feature I sorely miss in the Octavia.

The interiors are definitely very upmarket and the exterior styling is also very contemporary and stylish..... its a revolution over the previous generation oddball Yeti. Another discussion I notice often on the forum is the comparison with Kia Seltos. The differences have been discussed threadbare, so I will not get in to that, but one thing I would like like to point out is the positioning of the two. Anyone who looks at Seltos will rarely think of it as a 25L vehicle whereas the Karoq looks and feels every bit like a 30L car.
The thread started with most of us saying the Karoq will be dead on arrival and is seriously overpriced ! But going through last few posts it is very evident that the Karoq is definitely a great package at a great price ! Also Timothy, like you said one great feature is the electronic park brake, very convenient and easy to use. Also another great feature I enjoy is the auto hold feature. Im sure our Octavias also have this, but in the Octavia it works only in an incline, but in the Karoq it works during decline too, like if your are coming down a slope and enter a junction, you apply the brake to stop the car and leave the pedal, the brake holds itself until you apply the accelerator ! Small but a great feature in my opinion.
Mr.Perera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 19:01   #305
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 176
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The thread started with most of us saying the Karoq will be dead on arrival and is seriously overpriced ! But going through last few posts it is very evident that the Karoq is definitely a great package at a great price !
Well to be frank, your positive reviews are to a great extent responsible for the enthusiastic response that the Karoq seems to be getting on this forum. Since you already own an Octavia VRS, you would be one of the more qualified persons to comment and rate the car. Moreover since you are able to benchmark the Karoq against your VRS owning experience, most viewers on this thread would tend to trust your judgement.
Skoda management should actually consider making you their brand ambassador or offer a certificate of appreciation atleast, for the Karoq

Last edited by Timothy : 28th June 2020 at 19:04. Reason: typo
Timothy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:12   #306
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Well to be frank, your positive reviews are to a great extent responsible for the enthusiastic response that the Karoq seems to be getting on this forum. Since you already own an Octavia VRS, you would be one of the more qualified persons to comment and rate the car. Moreover since you are able to benchmark the Karoq against your VRS owning experience, most viewers on this thread would tend to trust your judgement.
Skoda management should actually consider making you their brand ambassador or offer a certificate of appreciation atleast, for the Karoq
Mr. Perera is definitely one of the main reasons there's so much of discussion regarding the Karoq. His pictures and his write-up were very well received and that made a lot of fence-sitters like me even start considering to go ahead with my purchase. Still need to make up my mind and i think I am slowly getting there to go ahead with the purchase.
prasadathani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 12:50   #307
BHPian
 
Mr.Perera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: TVM/KL
Posts: 39
Thanked: 539 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Well to be frank, your positive reviews are to a great extent responsible for the enthusiastic response that the Karoq seems to be getting on this forum. Since you already own an Octavia VRS, you would be one of the more qualified persons to comment and rate the car. Moreover since you are able to benchmark the Karoq against your VRS owning experience, most viewers on this thread would tend to trust your judgement.
Skoda management should actually consider making you their brand ambassador or offer a certificate of appreciation atleast, for the Karoq
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post
Mr. Perera is definitely one of the main reasons there's so much of discussion regarding the Karoq. His pictures and his write-up were very well received and that made a lot of fence-sitters like me even start considering to go ahead with my purchase. Still need to make up my mind and i think I am slowly getting there to go ahead with the purchase.
Thanks Timothy and Prasadathani for your kind words. Well in the beginning I was so close in cancelling my Karoq booking when they announced the price. Like most of us I was comparing the Karoq with cars in the Seltos price range. But after seeing the car in person I understood the fact that this car is way premium than anything else in the sub 35 lakh price range. Its not just me but people like Timothy even says the Karoq feels much classier and luxurious than his Octavia L&K. Everyone who complains the fact that the Karoq is too overpriced are mostly people who haven't seen the car in person and is comparing the size to price ratio of the car. I agree even initially I too felt the same. But after I saw the car in person I was like "all this for 25 lakhs, well thats not at all bad !"
Mr.Perera is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks