Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 22:58   #316
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A private message will help one person, a public post will help thousands. Please share the discount here. Thank you
Of course, but to avoid unnecessary hassle with the dealer in the future, I will keep the dealership and the SA anonymous. We got a total discount of 1.2L on the on-road price. The breakup of the discounts is as below:

Logistics Charges: 15,000
Essential Accessories: 15,999
Insurance: 25,000 on quoted price of 86,000
Drive Assure Elite (Insurance): 22,00
Dealer Discount (against Skoda Maintenance Package): 42,000

P.S. Please use this only as a general guide and not as leverage for any negotiations

Last edited by AamodB : 14th July 2020 at 23:13.
AamodB is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 11:20   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
I have noticed a small concern with the boot and it is very weird. It started off at the time of delivery, when the SA opened the boot to show me everything inside and then closed it in front of me. I got in the car and drove out of the gate and then noticed that the display was showing boot door in red color so i pulled over and checked, it was indeed open. Surprised, I closed it firmly and the display returned to normal. Yesterday morning, I had opened the boot and closed it very well, i mean, like one would any boot and then in the evening when I took out the car, the boot door again was showing red! Indeed, it was open and this time, it took me 3 tries to close it and the last one was really a hard push and it closed with a bang. It required an abnormally hard push to close the boot. Is that normal? In my GT, if I pull it down, take it close and leave it, it closes perfectly. Does not happen here!
The Karoq's boot does need some pressure to close. I felt the struts to be on the tighter side and need some muscle to push against them. (Why ! Why no powered tailgate Skoda ? ) Also once the boot closes the lock does fall without any issue in my car. Try applying some WD40 to the locking mechanism, maybe that might help in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Of course, but to avoid unnecessary hassle with the dealer in the future, I will keep the dealership and the SA anonymous. We got a total discount of 1.2L on the on-road price. The breakup of the discounts is as below:

Logistics Charges: 15,000
Essential Accessories: 15,999
Insurance: 25,000 on quoted price of 86,000
Drive Assure Elite (Insurance): 22,00
Dealer Discount (against Skoda Maintenance Package): 42,000

P.S. Please use this only as a general guide and not as leverage for any negotiations
Luckily my dealer didn't charge any logistics or handling charges !
Like you said insurance is where we can negotiate. For me they initially quoted 84K, finally they were able to give the insurance for 41K ! (Zero Dep for 1st year + Third party for next 2 years).
Also since the insurance we took was already a Zero Dep one with Consumables cover and Engine protect, we skipped the Drive Assure Elite package.
Never knew they would give discount on the maintenance package. When I asked my dealer they said it is paid directly to Skoda India by the owner and dealer is no where in the picture.
Also I got an extra discount of Rs 30,000 as loyalty bonus since I am already a Skoda owner. So anyone here owning another Skoda car planning to buy the Karoq, don't forget to get this from your dealer !

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 15th July 2020 at 11:21. Reason: typo
Mr.Perera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 12:03   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The Karoq's boot does need some pressure to close. I felt the struts to be on the tighter side and need some muscle to push against them. (Why ! Why no powered tailgate Skoda ? ) Also once the boot closes the lock does fall without any issue in my car. Try applying some WD40 to the locking mechanism, maybe that might help in your case.
Hmmm, they are tight indeed. My wife struggles to bring down the tailgate from its topmost position. Perfect case for having a powered tailgate...wonder who decides these things! Thanks, will try it a few more times and if the issue persists, will apply some cleaner.
Old 15th July 2020, 12:09   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Never knew they would give discount on the maintenance package. When I asked my dealer they said it is paid directly to Skoda India by the owner and dealer is no where in the picture.
They weren't willing at first either and gave the same reason that it's payable directly to Skoda. After a bit of persusasion (read ignoring), the SA decided to offer a dealer level discount to be adjusted towards the maintenance package (we'll still be paying the 49,999 sum to Skoda) .
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 12:10   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed a small concern with the boot and it is very weird. It started off at the time of delivery, when the SA opened the boot to show me everything inside and then closed it in front of me. I got in the car and drove out of the gate and then noticed that the display was showing boot door in red color so i pulled over and checked, it was indeed open. Surprised, I closed it firmly and the display returned to normal. Yesterday morning, I had opened the boot and closed it very well, i mean, like one would any boot and then in the evening when I took out the car, the boot door again was showing red! Indeed, it was open and this time, it took me 3 tries to close it and the last one was really a hard push and it closed with a bang. It required an abnormally hard push to close the boot. Is that normal? In my GT, if I pull it down, take it close and leave it, it closes perfectly. Does not happen here!
Hi Abhijit,

The boot lid needs some minor adjustment to the rubber buffers to make it close properly. You can do it yourself - I had the same problem initially in my Yeti and solved it on my own.

On the Boot lid edge, you will find two rubber buffers at the corners (inside) where it touches the lip of the boot when it closes. You have to turn these buffers in a clockwise direction to make them go inside a bit - they have a screw like pattern on them and are meant for adjustment. If they are too in (means too much inside) the boot lid can rattle. If they are too out, there is difficulty in closing the boot (which you are facing). Just adjust these buffers and you should be good to go.

There is second version of the buffer in some newer Skoda cars, where you have a rubber buffer which is fixed with the Torx screw. The Screw needs to be loosened a bit and then can be adjusted.

Both of these buffers (either design) can be easily adjusted.

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th July 2020 at 12:29.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 16:41   #321
BHPian

Some pics...pardon the torn TC paper! It seems difficult to capture this colour. I'm not sure in what light I should try.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-20200713_191024.jpg  

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-20200713_191530.jpg  

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-20200713_191541.jpg  

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-20200713_191543.jpg  

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-e4b9f840525840e78a492cf009577f98_crop.jpg  

cpabhijit is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 22:04   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Some pics...pardon the torn TC paper! It seems difficult to capture this colour. I'm not sure in what light I should try.
The car looks striking in all angles !
Also I would recommend you get the Temp number displayed as a proper vinyl sicker. Your local sticker shop can get it done for just Rs 200. The normal paper thing will peel off after few days. You can check the below image. It would be safer for you and others on the road in doing this.

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-screenshot-20200717-10.06.21-pm.png

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 17th July 2020 at 22:07.
Mr.Perera is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 22:54   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Also I got an extra discount of Rs 30,000 as loyalty bonus since I am already a Skoda owner. So anyone here owning another Skoda car planning to buy the Karoq, don't forget to get this from your dealer !
I think the loyalty discount is applicable if you have any car in the whole VW group, including even an Audi. Thats what the dealer told my cousin who purchased an Octavia in January this year.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 23:50   #324
GBX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
I think the loyalty discount is applicable if you have any car in the whole VW group, including even an Audi. Thats what the dealer told my cousin who purchased an Octavia in January this year.
Interesting.

Does owning a 2nd hand VAG car qualify for the loyalty discount? Because I sense an arbitrage opportunity here.
Old 18th July 2020, 00:14   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Interesting.

Does owning a 2nd hand VAG car qualify for the loyalty discount? Because I sense an arbitrage opportunity here.
As long as the car is in your or your direct family members name (father, mother, brother, sister or wife), it should work. In our case I had a car in my name and my wife’s brother was buying a skoda but he was denied the discount, SA told us if it had been in my wife’s name the discount would have been accepted.
Old 18th July 2020, 16:13   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Driving a new vehicle with a temporary registration number written on a piece of paper and pasted on the vehicle is now an offence.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77009228.cms
shaheenazk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 15:00   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, they are tight indeed. My wife struggles to bring down the tailgate from its topmost position. Perfect case for having a powered tailgate...wonder who decides these things! Thanks, will try it a few more times and if the issue persists, will apply some cleaner.
Maybe mechanics designed for powered tailgate and we, the poor 3rd world country in the eyes of global car cos, don't deserve a powered one.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 17:28   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Oh you have captured the car beautifully ! I mean, just look at the design elements and the overall look and feel. It looks premium from any angle and definitely feels and looks like a 30+L car. Heartiest Congratulations !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
I think the loyalty discount is applicable if you have any car in the whole VW group, including even an Audi.
yes thats right !! When I bought the Octavia in Jan. this year they were giving a loyalty discount if you had any VAG car OR a corporate discount instead. They had a list of companies in their system and if you were working for any of them , then also you qualified for that same discount.

Last edited by Timothy : 19th July 2020 at 17:55.
Old 20th July 2020, 10:54   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Driving a new vehicle with a temporary registration number written on a piece of paper and pasted on the vehicle is now an offence.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77009228.cms
oh! Tthankfully, I just got a calls saying my HSRP plates are ready. So will get them fixed today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Oh you have captured the car beautifully ! I mean, just look at the design elements and the overall look and feel. It looks premium from any angle and definitely feels and looks like a 30+L car. Heartiest Congratulations !!

yes thats right !! When I bought the Octavia in Jan. this year they were giving a loyalty discount if you had any VAG car OR a corporate discount instead. They had a list of companies in their system and if you were working for any of them , then also you qualified for that same discount.
Thank you!!

Regarding the discount, I am surprised because I have a GT and the SA and the Sales Manager both knew this well yet, nobody offered me any discount and I really didn't know that any VAG car would qualify for a discount.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2020 at 11:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 20:10   #330
BHPian

Quote:
. Regarding the discount, I am surprised because I have a GT and the SA and the Sales Manager both knew this well yet, nobody offered me any discount and I really didn't know that any VAG car would qualify for a discount.
There are 2 kinds of discounts that are normally provided. One is through the company and the other is from the dealer side. The loyalty bonus is the company offered discount. You can write an email to Skoda and perhaps they can offer accessories or compensate you in some manner. Give it a try, no harm. If the loyalty discount is as per the company policy then the SA should have offered it. It is the duty of the dealer to inform the customer.

Last edited by Timothy : 20th July 2020 at 20:11.
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks