Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 20:35   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
However somehow both the vehicles seem a little out of sync with the market, especially with the pricing.
This most probably is because of us witnessing an overload of features from the Koreans and the Chinese in cars priced much lower.
The only reason I wanted Gloster to do well and shake up the market.

Even with state/central GSTs and before road tax, the prices of both the Fortuner and Endeavour are more or less same as in most other countries. (don't flame me)

But the elephant in the room has to be addressed.
Variant spread.
More so for the Fortuner.
A 6 lakhs + reduction with the introduction of a G, GX variants.
And a cool 10 lakhs difference if we bring in the 2.4l diesel.

Ofcourse these are just wild guesses and don't even dream of TKM doing the same. They wouldn't let go off the fat margins of the top variant and introduce base variants for more volumes (not to mention hurt the Innova's margins too).

Pity the Gloster didn't undercut heavily in pricing or heavily shook up the segment.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 20:57   #287
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

For me, Fortuner is a complete vehicle with this facelift and added features. We can always crib about the prices and so does people in every market.

I won’t call myself a fanboy but I respect them for their engineering. I remember, many years ago, Koreans used to give most feature rich TV but I was happy with colour production of Sony/ Panasonic. Over the years, somewhere both, Japanese and Korean have sort of merged. Now one can get a feature rich Sony and a good picture quality Samsung.

Same will happen with Automotives too. But until that happens, I am happy with Toyota.
Turbanator is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 22:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

Checked quite a few videos of Fortuner and Hilux and appears Variable Flow Control seem to have made noticeable improvement in parking speeds. Waiting to hear the JBL speaker system. While I see there are about 6 in total for front passenger, 2 in rear door and a subwoofer in hatch where are the remaining 2?
Old 14th January 2021, 08:46   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Waiting to hear the JBL speaker system. While I see there are about 6 in total for front passenger, 2 in rear door and a subwoofer in hatch where are the remaining 2?
Looks like at the rear 2 speakers are integrated into one round grill, so 2 speakers at each rear door.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-42fdaf4393df4a38b31caa8bf0fa9c80.jpeg

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...73-11-speakers

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th January 2021 at 08:48.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 09:14   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Fortuner advantage over Endeavour:

5. Powered seats for co-passneger

7. Connected features
Endeavor too has this features right?
Old 14th January 2021, 09:56   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For me, Fortuner is a complete vehicle with this facelift and added features. We can always crib about the prices and so does people in every market.

I won't call myself a fanboy but I respect them for their engineering. I remember, many years ago, Koreans used to give most feature rich TV but I was happy with colour production of Sony/ Panasonic. Over the years, somewhere both, Japanese and Korean have sort of merged. Now one can get a feature rich Sony and a good picture quality Samsung.

Same will happen with Automotives too. But until that happens, I am happy with Toyota.
Very well captured!

Toyota reliability is unbeatable and they know it, hence the premium pricing. Aspirational value has been increased with this price increase, if nothing, to say the least.
Old 14th January 2021, 11:09   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I remember, many years ago, Koreans used to give most feature rich TV but I was happy with colour production of Sony/ Panasonic.

I can totally agree and relate to your point. I too fell prey to this marketing gimmick when I was in awe with all the best in segment and class leading features that were provided by the new Hyundai Fluidic Verna back in 2012. While it gave me great satisfaction initially, little did I know of the inferior build quality in that vehicle. It took just a couple of not-so-expected behaviour from the new car that pushed me to sell it at a mere 8k on the Odo.
I feel a lot of companies still follow the same approach when it comes to their product offerings in India.

While that is no excuse to strip any car of features, I will any day choose a quality and reliable machine over fancy gizmos and (comparatively) under-cutting in the quality.
Old 14th January 2021, 19:41   #293
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got delivery dates from dealers yet? Waiting to see the first Fortuner facelift on TBHP

Wonder if a TBHP official review is in the works!
Old 14th January 2021, 20:40   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Anyone got delivery dates from dealers yet? Waiting to see the first Fortuner facelift on TBHP

Forget delivery, dealers have no clue when demo cars will arrive either. Toyota in general plans really well, surprised they messed up. Strike is to blame, however 2 weeks since launch no sight of Fortuner yet. On the brighter side, Strike is over and many are hopeful of month end delivery.
Old 14th January 2021, 21:01   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers here in Mumbai are expecting demo cars to come by 18th Jan and deliveries starting from the 20th.

Quote:
Toyota doesn’t have a media fleet ready till now so none of the automotive media are able to review one!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 22:03   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Toyota doesn’t have a media fleet ready till now so none of the automotive media are able to review one!
I guess that's due to the recently concluded lockdown at their Bidadi plant. Hope we get to see the beast in flesh, soon. Eagerly awaiting reviews on ride quality, steering response, music system, and of course, the improved engine performance.

Last edited by cool_dube : 14th January 2021 at 22:13.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 22:39   #297
Senior - BHPian

BTW, has anyone had a chance to check available colors on Toyota India website? I feel there is something wrong with it, wherein the one shown as 'sparkling black' is actually metallic grey and the one listed as metallic grey is actually silver. Thoughts?
Old 15th January 2021, 00:07   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

I know these are utes and not SUVs but I can confidently tell by seeing this video that the Hilux is right at the level of the Ranger this time around be it performance, suspension setup, features list or towing capacity. As seen in the video this time around the updates Toyota has made are really impressive.

The Endeavour/Everest 2L Bi-Turbo as tested here has identical performance figures as the updated Fortuner’s 2.8L but the Fortuner 4WD tested here is 200kgs lighter than the Endeavour/Everest 4WD.

Seeing this makes me believe that the Fortuner is a better overall package as compared to the Endeavour (Indian Version) now; be it performance, almost same kit levels (except sunroof, 3rd row electric fold), 4WD kit now with the rear locker + A-TRAC coupled with Toyota after sales. It would be my pick easily in the segment now even considering the higher initial price.

Now I am just waiting for a proper review of the Indian Fortuner and then go ahead and book one.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 07:21   #299
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, has anyone had a chance to check available colors on Toyota India website? I feel there is something wrong with it, wherein the one shown as 'sparkling black' is actually metallic grey and the one listed as metallic grey is actually silver. Thoughts?
Hi, yes you are right, the representation on the main page is incorrect, silver metallic is not even mentioned. However when you ebook and get color selection, the 3 colors are represented differently, I.e. sparkling black crystal shine, grey metallic and silver metallic. Also combined brochure shows correct colors on very first page.
Old 15th January 2021, 08:52   #300
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Toyota have done an awesome job in tuning the massive 2.8L Diesel.

The acceleration and breaking performance comparison with Ford Endeavor Twin Turbo is as below

Toyota Fortuner
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-screenshot_20210115083503_youtube.jpg

Ford Endeavor 2.0L Twin Turbo
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-screenshot_20210115083331_youtube.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Thanks for sharing this video. At 2.42 in the video, the reviewer is surprised with the acceleration of the re-tuned engine.

With Ford India offering the Endeavor with only the single Turbo engine variant, .the New Fortuner will be a run-away success for Toyota.

Last edited by MAS : 15th January 2021 at 09:05.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks