Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:20   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
There is a higher possibility of me getting a posting in Japan buying the car there and being crazy enough to ship it back to India than Honda launching it in India
Underrated comment, but true. Honda is on a downward path in India. The City has gone down in quality. The WRV looked like a college student's assignment. Civic was dead from day one because of it's insane pricing. Only acceptable car is Amaze (strictly at that price point). They are almost gone !
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:07   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India

Honda HR-V in black crystal pearl :

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-a1.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-a2.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-a3.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-a4.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-a5.jpg

Mugen Gives New 2021 Honda HR-V / Vezel A Cosmetic Makeover

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-1.jpg
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-2.jpg

Europe's All-New 2021 Honda HR-V e:HEV

Honda has released more details on the new 2022 HR-V, which will be available exclusively with a hybrid powertrain in Europe.

The all-new Honda HR-V e:HEV is powered by a combination of a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine and two electric motors, for a combined output of 129 HP (131 PS) and 186 lb-ft (253 Nm) of torque. It’s basically a more powerful version of the hybrid powertrain found in the smaller Jazz, which shares the same architecture with the new HR-V.

Catalouge:

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-c1.jpg
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-c2.jpg
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-c3.jpg
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-c4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd April 2021 at 21:16.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:29   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda HR-V in black crystal pearl
Don't do this to us man. This stunning black beauty is bringing back Honda fanboy moments and knowing that Honda is heading into oblivion hurts more!

Seriously though - the only thing I can fault right now is the 1780mm width - should have been 1800+
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:16   #124
BHPian

I love this new HRV. Honda India we want it. I wish you dont disappoint us this time around.

It has the perfect proportions, upright stance, and the HEV version would give killer fuel efficiency as well atleast 25-30 in my opinion.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

If Honda wants to survive in Indian Market, this HR-V should make it here ASAP. With Pandemic taking centre stage again, the launches across brands may get delayed. Honda anyway will be bringing this one after launching in Thailand and Malaysia. Last Quarter of FY21 is when we may see this HR-V in Indian Market.

Post Diwali, we may see some teasers and India Spec Version to be showcased. Honda may also plan the launch at Auto Expo 2022 if Covid 19 has vanished by then.
Old 24th April 2021, 22:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Will the current Honda manufacturing plant be capable of manufacturing/assembling vehicle like HRV? That was one of the main reason cited while pulling off the CRV
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 07:10   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Will the current Honda manufacturing plant be capable of manufacturing/assembling vehicle like HRV? That was one of the main reason cited while pulling off the CRV
Good point. I'm assuming that since the Tapakura plant can make the WR-V, it will be able to accomodate the HR-V too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...closure-419489
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 12:28   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HR-V e:HEV
Quote:
- The new Honda HR-V e:HEV made its global debut about a month ago

-Honda is also testing the HR-V on Indian soil and we are expecting it to join the line-up with the same hybrid powertrain,

-The new Honda HR-V will get a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder petrol motor coupled with an electric motor. The powertrain is tuned to churn out 129 bhp and 254 Nm of peak torque

-The Honda HR-V is expected to go on sale in India at the end of this year and will sit at the top of the line-up ( could be delayed, depending on the pandemic conditions)

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2021 at 12:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 20:25   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda HR-V e:HEV

- Comes with 18" alloys, 225/50 R18
- Tyres are of Michelin Primacy 4, improving braking, ride and comfort
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-6.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-7.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-5.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-4.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-3.jpg

New Vs Old

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-2.jpg

Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-20210326_newvezel.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2021 at 20:27.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 12:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Honda is in any hurry to launch the HRV in India. This car does not belong to the 15 lakh Cross Over segment now dominated by the Creta and the Seltos. This is clearly one segment higher, more like a Cross over version of the Civic, so kind of a like a competitor to the Tucson in that sense, although in terms of size its a bit smaller.

My guess is Honda will work on something all new for the Indian market, something heavily localised, built on the new Amaze platform to take on the Creta and the Seltos. I doubt if even the new City’s platform would be considered since it will then make it more expensive than the new City.

So I think there is no point on guessing about the HRV’s arrival in India.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 17:46   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
This car does not belong to the 15 lakh Cross Over segment now dominated by the Creta and the Seltos. This is clearly one segment higher, more like a Cross over version of the Civic, so kind of a like a competitor to the Tucson in that sense, although in terms of size its a bit smaller.

My guess is Honda will work on something all new for the Indian market, something heavily localised, built on the new Amaze platform to take on the Creta and the Seltos. I doubt if even the new City's platform would be considered since it will then make it more expensive than the new City.
The HRV is the crossover to compete with the Creta top end and even compass : with top end Creta breaching ₹20L on road, it's not a cheap product.

The civic crossover is actually the CRV, which also competes with the Tucson.
The HRV is a segment below : compass / creta category.

The ZRV is what they're working on based on Amaze platform but expect that to be a Sonet / Venue rival.

If they try to price it any other way, it'll be dead on arrival and will go the civic / CRV / Accord way.
lamborghini is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 23:02   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
This is clearly one segment higher, more like a Cross over version of the Civic, so kind of a like a competitor to the Tucson in that sense, although in terms of size its a bit smaller.
Oh boy! The speculations get spicier, mostly because we may never get the product anyways.

In reality -

Don't look at the eHEV option alone and wonder where this SUV will fit in - it also comes with a normal petrol engine option even for the Japanese domestic market - a 1.5-litre iVTec that produces 118hp of power and 142Nm of torque - yes, similar figures as that of the Honda City.

Coming to pricing - the petrol car has a budget positioning from 2,279,200 yen onwards (15.37 lakhs) as against 1,557,600 yen of the new Honda Jazz (10.5 lakhs) and 2,948,000 yen (19.88 lakhs) of the Civic hatchback.

In terms of dimensions - it is 4330*1790*1590 with a wheelbase of 2610mm, a similar wheelbase to that of the Skoda Kushaq.

This can easily be competition to Creta/Seltos/Taigun/Kushaq/Kicks if Honda decides to make it here! I hope they do - because this looks such a refreshingly welcome change from the overdesigned Honda crossovers we have received in the recent past.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th May 2021 at 23:05.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 22:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Honda isn't bringing the HRV to India.

It will be the next generation BRV and i think we can expect to see it here in 2022. This is the only way they can compete with the Seltos & Creta in that price range.
Here is an image of the new BRV 2021. I think Honda can do some serious numbers with this one in India
Attached Thumbnails
Honda HR-V midsize SUV still being considered for India-img_1488.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 22:50   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Honda isn't bringing the HRV to India.

It will be the next generation BRV and i think we can expect to see it here in 2022.
XL6 / BRV segment barely does any significant numbers compared to this crossover SUV segment which is currently the hottest in the country. Honda tried and exited the Mobilio/BRV market once - will they put their bets again on the second generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
This is the only way they can compete with the Seltos & Creta in that price range.
Why?

Forget the Koreans - It rivals the Volkswagen TCross 1.0 TSi in Japan and is way cheaper (2,279,200 yen as against 2,780,000 yen - starting prices). And Volkswagen has easily localised the TCross for India, with the Taigun.

Actual problem with the HRV if they bring it here will be the specifications - with the petrol just being the 1.5 iVTec as of now, Honda basically has no answers to the ~140hp to ~160hp 1.4 TGDi / 1.5 TSi / 1.3 Turbo engines present in the top end of rivals here.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 23:08   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
XL6 / BRV segment barely does any significant numbers compared to this crossover SUV segment which is currently the hottest in the country. Honda tried and exited the Mobilio/BRV market once - will they put their bets again on the second generation?
Well considering they brought the Civic at a time when the segments was doing less numbers annually than a few variants of the Seltos do in a month, you never know. Lately, Honda has not been the wisest at making decisions imo. They're handing over the B2 hatch segment on platter to the competition with no marketing of the Jazz and no plans to bring the global one. WR-V is so obsolete now, most people shopping in this segment aren't even aware of its existence.

Then again they brought the wrong car at the wrong time but still managed to goof up the drivetrain options. I can't believe a global giant like Honda can't do basic R&D to learn that indians prefer Diesel+AT combos at the price. But Honda still had to give only a stupid CVT to the beautiful 1.8 iVtec but only a manual for the average 1.5 iDtec.

It's not like Honda can't compete, they just don't want to
sodapop is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks