Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:54   #361
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

this is just ridiculos.if someone has a criminal mind he/she will do it .Removing films is not going to reduce the crime rates.thugs can very well use window blinds or curtains and throw it away later.
i feel this is only going to increase the crime rates for sure.now the vehicles inside are more visible thieves can pin point where your bags, wallets ,ice are.
i dont know how many are comfortable in driving a car with no tints at night and being chased down and looted.this definitly is going to happen as thieves can easily judge who ars in the car.how many women children etc.
i think that this should have been studied well before jumpimg into ridiculos conclusions.everyone is not using sunfilms to do criminal activities.
will the law ban the use of vehicles as some are delibrately using it to hit and kill people.

Last edited by bullboy : 3rd May 2012 at 09:57.
bullboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:55   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Here is the AD in HT New Delhi. it clears the air atleast in Delhi. I am not driving my Safari for a week , wanna see if there is some respite form this order !

Attachment 922960
So BLACK films of any kind are not allowed eh !

Does that make 3MCR70 street legal coz its not black?
Its transparent.

Just going by the words or am i missing something.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:58   #363
BHPian

Had enough, I am going to remove my films today, I don't earn money to feed cops, there is a grey shade on the ruling, and cops are going to take advantage of this for sure, one day left, so not taking any chance.

To all - I know it pains to remove films which costed us, but please make sure you don't post any comments which might be seen as contempt of the Apex court ruling, these days they are tracking each and every anti-policy posts and specially in well known blogs.

Last edited by asdon : 3rd May 2012 at 10:01.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:00   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
So BLACK films of any kind are not allowed eh !

Does that make 3MCR70 street legal coz its not black?
Its transparent.

Just going by the words or am i missing something.
Film of any kind is considered illegal as per the judgement!

cheers!
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:00   #365
BHPian

Chennaiites, though, can take some solace in the fact that that police officers in the city appear to be unaware of the order

Never thought I'd say this, but I guess a very big heartfelt "Thank You" is in order .
Thank you very much Chennai Traffic Police. For understanding that this idea is much suited for places where crimes actually happen due to dark tints.
No point in ripping off sun films from cars in Chennai where crime rate is extremely low and temperatures are very high. Not to mention the police force, which is extremely vigilant and alert all the time.

Direct quote from the article : "...Chennai additional commissioner of police (traffic) Sanjay Arora said enforcing the ban may not be a top priority for city police. "The order came because of crimes committed in Delhi. Fortunately, this is not the case in Chennai," he said. "Enforcement will also require extra manpower..."

Old 3rd May 2012, 10:07   #366
Senior - BHPian

Well, in Bangalore police is just waiting for a excuse to extort the common man. I'm guessing they'll not let this opportunity go waste.

Btw, what is the fine if caught with the dark tints on? Does the fine increase with the darkness of the tint?
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:21   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Any information of this rule being implemented forcibly Friday onwards in Bangalore? Should we remove it or what?
The due date being tomorrow, no media reports at all on whether this will be implemented strictly in Bangalore!! Before implementing the seat belt rule on 1st February, there was a lot of publicity drive all over the city in form of posters and in the print media as well. But absolutely no coverage regarding this order anywhere till today what are we suppose to do?
As you were planning IronH4WK, ride to office till there is some clarity. And do get a good set of raincoats or you will have to ride back home soaked head to toe - weatherman says rain expected for next two days!
slightly : To make matters worse, there is severe shortage of diesel in most pumps across Bangalore since yesterday!

Could NOT find any mention of the fine for darker tints in this link: Bangalore City Traffic Police

Last edited by sandsun7 : 3rd May 2012 at 10:26.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:40   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Well, in Bangalore police is just waiting for a excuse to extort the common man. I'm guessing they'll not let this opportunity go waste.

Btw, what is the fine if caught with the dark tints on? Does the fine increase with the darkness of the tint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The due date being tomorrow, no media reports at all on whether this will be implemented strictly in Bangalore!! Before implementing the seat belt rule on 1st February, there was a lot of publicity drive all over the city in form of posters and in the print media as well. But absolutely no coverage regarding this order anywhere till today what are we suppose to do?
As you were planning IronH4WK, ride to office till there is some clarity. And do get a good set of raincoats or you will have to ride back home soaked head to toe - weatherman says rain expected for next two days!
slightly : To make matters worse, there is severe shortage of diesel in most pumps across Bangalore since yesterday!

Could NOT find any mention of the fine for darker tints in this link: Bangalore City Traffic Police
Ive posted on the Bangalore traffic police facebook wall regarding this. Please go ahead and do the same if you can.
Also please someone advise me where I can get my tints removed? do dealerships do that or is there an alternative? as my tints had been done by the dealership Metro Ford themselves.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:50   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Chennaiites, though, can take some solace in the fact that that police officers in the city appear to be unaware of the order

Never thought I'd say this, but I guess a very big heartfelt "Thank You" is in order .
Thank you very much Chennai Traffic Police. For understanding that this idea is much suited for places where crimes actually happen due to dark tints.
No point in ripping off sun films from cars in Chennai where crime rate is extremely low and temperatures are very high. Not to mention the police force, which is extremely vigilant and alert all the time.

Direct quote from the article : "...Chennai additional commissioner of police (traffic) Sanjay Arora said enforcing the ban may not be a top priority for city police. "The order came because of crimes committed in Delhi. Fortunately, this is not the case in Chennai," he said. "Enforcement will also require extra manpower..."

Quote:
Chennai additional commissioner of police (traffic) Sanjay Arora said enforcing the ban may not be a top priority for city police. "The order came because of crimes committed in Delhi. Fortunately, this is not the case in Chennai," he said. "Enforcement will also require extra manpower."
Don't know, how a ACP rank police officer can comment like this? The judgement of The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India clearly mentions to implement the order in all over India.

Anyways, there will be 25 police teams in Gurgaon to implement this order form tomorrow:

25 police teams to enforce Supreme Court order on tinted glass in city - The Times of India

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 3rd May 2012 at 10:54.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:51   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Also please someone advise me where I can get my tints removed? do dealerships do that or is there an alternative? as my tints had been done by the dealership Metro Ford themselves.
You may do it at any accessories shop. Just be careful if you have rear defogger. The coils should not get damaged while removing the rear sunfilm.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:57   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In Delhi, they have also increased all road and traffic related fines by Rs.500.

@ Rahul : While the ruling may be against dark tints, it is very well at the cops discretion to decide whether your car sports 'dark' tints or not.

@ Johy : While the Ford dealer was installing tints on my car, they also advised me to stick to the light tints, saying that the RTO morons were difficult to predict, as they dance to their whims and fancies.
No. Absolutely no tints are allowed. Be absolutely clear about it. (irrespective of their transparency %).

Let me quote from the juddgement,

"18. Two scenarios must be examined. First, if the glass so manufactured already has the VLT as specified, then the question of further reducing it by any means shall be in clear violation of Rule 100 as well as the prescribed IS. Secondly, the rule requires a manufacturer to manufacture the vehicles with safety glasses with prescribed VLT. It is the minimum percentage that has been specified. The manufacturer may manufacture vehicle with a higher VLT to the prescribed limit or even a vehicle with tinted glasses, if such glasses do not fall short of the minimum prescribed VLT in terms of Rule 100.
None can be permitted to create his own device to bring down the percentage of the VLT thereafter. Thus, on the plain reading of the Rule and the IS standards, use of black films of any density is impermissible.
Another adverse aspect of use of black films is that even if they reflect tolerable VLT in the day time, still in the night it would clearly violate the prescribed VLT limits and would result in poor visibility, which again would be impermissible."

Source: Supreme court prohibits black films - Forum - Law, Lawyers, Advocates, Law Firms,Legal Help, Legal Experts,Judgements,Law Help, Indian Lawyers
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:16   #372
Senior - BHPian

According to the Delhi Police Advertisement on TOI today, no aftermarket black film is allowed.

However, manufacturer provided tinted glasses upto 50% VLT for side and rear and 70% for front are allowed.

Go figure.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:17   #373
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Police seems to be quiet and not read anything on this in local newspapers? am not sure if it makes sense to hurry and get the tints removed?

Also if there is change in the norms after few months which is very probable, it will be additional expenditure for those who have removed and want the tints back? ofcouse good business for the film manufacturers! however if the rule is implemented strictly we can see many of the manufacturer closing shops leaving only the big names go through this with some adaptation.

And not to mention about the summer, its going to be difficult!

Last edited by lohithrao : 3rd May 2012 at 11:39.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:25   #374
Senior - BHPian

What about VIP cars? Are they allowed to sport these tints and films?
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:26   #375
BHPian

And I got the Films installed just 10 days backs because of the extremely hot sun. It is ok to drive in winter but places in AP and most of India are like ovens in Summer even with AC at full blow.

Seriously this is one of the most irrational Judgment passed by the Court. What is the point of having a court if they listen to only one side of the argument.

If they are saying it promotes crime against women after being kidnapped, I will vouch for it saying that in the first instance, they protect more women from prying eyes day or night.
They reduce the chance of theft. It is easy to spot a car with valuables without tint. But with Tint, they have to actually stand very close to see if they can loot anything or target a car. Chance of someone spotting a thief is higher in the above case.

No wonder Kasab is still living like a King in India. If the court has time to pass a judgment on the source of crime, I hope they will sometime pass judgment on actual crime.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks