Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 09:31   #931
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Hi charan, welcome to team BHP.

Quote:
.Since its already been 11 months since we got the police report and started the re-registration process, I might use help from this community on how to proceed since I am out of options and have no leads.
Did you approach Tamil RTO through an agent? If not then try through an agent. They would know a way around the original invoice being not there. I am sure many will not have this document with them especially those who have cars that have changed hands multiple times.

All this should get covered in the agents fee (it was around 1000/- when I had to do a simple transfer of ownership for my bike within the state). Even if they ask for "extra" charge, I think the extra effort and time you spent otherwise, will be a greater loss.
Old 7th September 2022, 00:27   #932
BHPian

I got my 65k run Honda city Gxi 2007 transferred to Jharkhand from Haryana in march this year. In Jharkhand, I paid half the new car registration cost on renewal, plus almost 25k for new registration. I got the car transferred 3 months before the 15-year term expiry. It was a rough ride with NOC in my name from Haryana while the vehicle was initially registered on my father's name. Here local RTO refused to transfer it in my name, fortunately, I had my father's local bank account based and on its passbook the car was registered in his name at my address. Then again I got it transferred to my name. Hope it helps if someone looking to transfer to Jharkhand
Old 27th September 2022, 21:25   #933
BHPian

Re: Looking for help on Re-registration of my Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bat View Post
Greetings, everyone . It's fantastic to be a part of the Team-BHP family finally. While reading the travelogues, I never thought I would be part of this community.

I am MJ Charan Kumar from Chennai; I spent four years in Hyderabad, after which I shifted to Chennai 11 months ago. I own a pre-owned 2011 VW Vento (1.6 MT) with an AP registration.

While shifting from Hyderabad, we submitted our original RC to get a valid NOC from the Telangana RTO. When we produced the same after calling the police report, the documents took another 4-5 months to get verified as there was no proper communication between TN RTO and TS RTO. A couple of months ago, I realized that while buying our VW Vento in 2017, Auto Pride didn't provide us with the original invoice from Auto Pride located in Film Nagar. The RTO side has processed the documents, and they are expecting the original invoice copy so that they can give the estimate for road tax to be paid to them for the TN registration plate. The insurance also expired in Jan 2022, making me nervous about taking the car out on Chennai streets, wondering if the Traffic Police would catch me;-;. I had called Auto pride requesting the original invoice, but there was a negative response.
I had even mailed to the sales department of VW but didn't get any response till now. Since its already been 11 months since we got the police report and started the re-registration process, I might use help from this community on how to proceed since I am out of options and have no leads.
Thank you
I am guessing that this message somehow reached PPS Motors Hyderabad, and a customer relationship advisor named Swathi contacted me regarding this issue. She was very kind and promptly acknowledged my request and got it through with them. A massive vote of thanks to Swathi of VW PPS Motors for her approach and for going the extra mile to get things done. I requested a hard copy of the invoice delivered this evening.
My overall experience was delightful with the customer relations team of PPS motors, although it did take a bit of time.
I look forward to going to the Kolathur RTO of Chennai North this week to get my vehicle re-registered here in Tamilnadu.
I will keep the forum updated with my experience
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:11   #934
BHPian

Dear All,

I have a leased car in Pune whose three-year loan tenure will mature in Oct 2022. I wish to sell this company leased car to someone in Andhra. I am aware of the NOC issuance procedure. However, my query is specifically about the excess road tax paid at Pune RTO, viz.

a) corporate road tax (since leased)
b) road tax for 12 years (15-3)

I can anticipate the following documents needed to claim this refund from Pune RTO:

1. Form DT
2. road tax receipt paid at Andhra RTO
3. RC issued by Andhra RTO
4. Old RC copy issued by Pune RTO
5. Old road tax receipt paid at Pune RTO

Since the car ownership is being changed from a company to an individual across states, will the Pune RTO really refund the aforementioned excess road tax ?

Am i missing anything, pls advise.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 3rd October 2022 at 13:12. Reason: grammar
Old 15th October 2022, 15:42   #935
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am not sure if you still need this. If yes, please let me know. I got some work done at the Gurgaon RTO through an agent, and he was good.
Hi Eddy,
I am in the midst of buying a car from fellow T-BHPian. His car is HR26 registered, which is Gurgoan RTO and I am from Karnataka. Along with form 29 and 30, I would need NOC from Gurgaon RTO to my home address RTO ( Mysore, Karnataka) for re-registering it my state. I am thinking of getting the NOC done through agent. Can you share the agent details please. You can DM me his coordinates.

On a side note, how much of a work it is for the seller to get the NOC for his car directly without going through agent? My intent is to make sure seller goes throuh minimal hassels during the transaction.

Thanks in advance.
HTC
Old 15th November 2022, 04:17   #936

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in Team bhp.
And, the post happens to be a query on road tax refund.

I am from Bangalore and I recently bought a used Tata Hexa XTA from Mumbai (MH-04 regn).
I initiated the NOC formalities as per various posts in the forum through agents from Mumbai and got the vehicle re-registered in Bangalore(KA-41) again through agent.
Process followed was that the NOC was directly issued as transfer to my name and RTO KA-41 (since I don't have any address proof of Mumbai).

Since I paid road tax in Bangalore, is it possible for me to apply and claim refund of Original road tax in Mumbai? If so, can anybody help me understand this process?
As many Bangalore and Mumbai RTO agents generally are not aware of the refund process and are not encouraging queries regarding this.

Follow up question, the Bangalore RTO did not allocate a KA number although tax is paid, Bangalore local agent through whom I re-registered the car informed me that it will take more time for that (2-3 months) and some additional letters/forms to be submitted.
Is this the correct process?

Thank you for your responses in advance.
Kindly excuse me if I have made any unintended mistake while posting these queries I will surely incorporate reviews and corrections in upcoming posts.

Regards,
enjoy_driving
Old 11th December 2022, 20:47   #937
BHPian

Advice on registering other state vehicle in HYDERABAD

This doesn't really require a separate thread, but I'm doing so to get a quicker reply.

I have been contemplating on buying a used Cruze since the past one month. This is a story for an other day.

Hyderabad registration costs are ridiculous, and the lack of transparency in the costs and process involved further adds to the headache. I would like to know the exact process and the exact costs involved in doing so, from people who have done it.

As far as I know,
You obtain an NOC from existing RTO(lets say MH)
Submit NOC at current RTO(lets say TS)
Pay road tax( I need to know how this is calculated as one agent I know told me you have to pay 10-13% of the vehicle's invoice. Lets say invoice is valued at 20 lacs so I end up paying 10% i.e, 2 lacs)
After I receive the new RC(TS plates), I can apply for a road tax refund at old RTO(MH in this case)

This is what I know. Please let me know if this is correct or have I missed out on something.

I would really really appreciate quick responses.
Huge thanks in advance(I really mean it),
Saikishor

Mods: please delete if found unnecessary
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 05:57   #938
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice on registering other state vehicle in HYDERABAD

You didn't miss anything beyond that the whole process takes months and regular followups.

You might want to search for my posts in this thread if you don't read the thread from start to finish (I doubt anyone can, it is huge)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...efund-etc.html (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
You obtain an NOC from existing RTO(lets say MH)
Submit NOC at current RTO(lets say TS)
Pay road tax( I need to know how this is calculated as one agent I know told me you have to pay 10-13% of the vehicle's invoice. Lets say invoice is valued at 20 lacs so I end up paying 10% i.e, 2 lacs)
After I receive the new RC(TS plates), I can apply for a road tax refund at old RTO(MH in this case)

This is what I know. Please let me know if this is correct or have I missed out on something.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:35   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You didn't miss anything beyond that the whole process takes months and regular followups.

You might want to search for my posts in this thread if you don't read the thread from start to finish (I doubt anyone can, it is huge)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...efund-etc.html (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)
Does the process really take so long or is it just overrated? And also, I would really appreciate if someone tells me as to how road tax is calculated i.e, from the IDV or from the original invoice.
Old 12th December 2022, 10:49   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the process really take so long or is it just overrated? And also, I would really appreciate if someone tells me as to how road tax is calculated i.e, from the IDV or from the original invoice.
It does take months, especially and the tax is calculated according to a table the rto has though they do ask for your invoice copy as well where available.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 11:28   #941
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
This doesn't really require a separate thread, but I'm doing so to get a quicker reply.

I have been contemplating on buying a used Cruze since the past one month. This is a story for an other day.
From my experience, here is what I can share:

Current owner (Not you) has to obtain the NOC to the RTO of transferring location(Your re-registration RTO). While submitting, 3 copies of form28 need to be submitted by the seller with the chassis stensil trace. You need to give your address proof(aadhar) and your RTO details to the seller for applying NOC. When you submit the NOC along with other docs at your RTO for re-registration, the NOC issued will accompany 2 copies of form 28 to be submitted along with NOC to your RTO. Note that the NOC is valid for 6 months. post that it's a hassle. Depending on your RTO discretion, they might fine the late registration fee and go ahead or they might ask for an affidavit from the seller's RTO that the NOC is authentic along with a fine. getting RTO's outside of anything normal is a headache and will cost you a lot.

Form 29 & Form 30 for Ownership transfer needs to be signed by seller ( see tips at end of this post on dates)

You need to submit Form 27 (Application for assignment of new registration mark on removal of a motor vehicle to another state) while submitting for re-registration at your RTO.

Once all documents like - NOC with form 28 copies, original RC, puc, insurance copy, form 27, your address proof, car invoice copy, 2 photos - go to the fee counter in your RTO. They will see the invoice and calculate the tax to be paid based on the depreciation amount of the car. You need to get a DD for that amount and submit it to the same counter. They will then give you an acknowledgement for tax paid. They will suggest you go to the superintendent or somebody to verify the docs and sign for the next step, which is vehicle inspection. After successful inspection, you need to submit all the docs and collect the acknowledgement and wait for a month or so to get the new registration card in your name.

Best approach is be deligent and check the correctness of all the documents and then go to a agent and tell him that you need to just verify the documents and put them in order for a small fee ( say 500/-). Rest you tell you will take care. What I see in recent times is that the RTO's are avoiding agents and not entertaining them. I spent 10k as agent fee for my AP bike re-registration to KA. But that agent did nothing and made me run around for everything.

A Few Tips
  • Best is to ask the owner not to add dates for the form 29-30 as there is a clause somewhere in Motor vehicle act which says the vehicle needs to be re-registered in buyers name within 1 month.

• If possible, check for the registration date and plan NOC application date such that NOC expiry falls in the lower tax bracket. The 6 month NOC window can be planned to fall in later years where car depreciation value will help in reducing the re-reg tax amount ( might be marginal).

• Most important: before moving forward, check chassis# against all the documents ( RC book, insurance etc). If this is wrong and NOC has already been taken, it is going to be very difficult to move ahead and cost you a lot of money and time.

Good luck,
HTC
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 19:06   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, don't bank on this unless you happen to be the owner of the cruze and are re-registering as you yourself are shifting.
Getting a refund while applying for transfer of ownership to another state is not permitted unless you are the current owner of the vehicle who is shifting themselves.

Even then, it can take months if not years. It's been nearly 2 years since we have put in a tax refund claim for our Swift that was totalled during the rains.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:06   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does indeed takes months!
From NOC submission to new number generation, it took me more than 2.5 months. This was when I took help of an agent.

I recently transferred my car from Delhi RTO to Pune RTO. Below is how road tax was calculated -
1. Calculation of road tax (currently at 11%) per the original invoice value

2. Calculation of residual road tax per the age of the vehicle - in my case it was calculated as around 55% of the road tax calculated above.

3. Any penalty due to delay in submission of NOC (I had to submit some penalty amount due to delays)

Thanks
vaasu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 11:48   #944

All,

I want to move my car from Bagalore to Kolkata and wanted to find put the latest procedure to do the same so and also get refind for the lifetime tax paid in Bangalore/Karnataka.

Will greatly appreciate if someone who has done this successfully rearlier can guide me. Also, any recommendation for any agents in both cities who can help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rajesh
Old 16th January 2023, 10:54   #945

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Yes, it does indeed takes months!
From NOC submission to new number generation, it took me more than 2.5 months. This was when I took help of an agent.

I recently transferred my car from Delhi RTO to Pune RTO. Below is how road tax was calculated -
1. Calculation of road tax (currently at 11%) per the original invoice value

2. Calculation of residual road tax per the age of the vehicle - in my case it was calculated as around 55% of the road tax calculated above.

3. Any penalty due to delay in submission of NOC (I had to submit some penalty amount due to delays)

Thanks

Thanks for the input Vaasu. I am in a similar process but don't know where to begin.

I've a 18 months old polo TSI (10.83 Lakhs on road)and looking to transfer it to Pune RTO.

Did you search for the agent online and could you give me any total estimate of how much did it cost? Any referral would be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks