Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 17:21   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transferring a TN registered car to KL - full detailed process

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickdilip View Post
Will this RC have an incremented "Owner serial number" in the RC or it'll retain the old one since there is only address change and change in registration number?
Mine says "Owner serial number : 1".
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 20:44   #887
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Fellow Bhpians

With great joy and regret and I want to announce that i successfully got the Road tax refund from KA RTO which is a 5 digit credit

I moved out of KA in March 2018 and re registered in TN by May 2018. I got the money back today, you can do the math on the time and effort taken. But it was worth it all the way.

How was it possible RTO refund = RTI, Rs.30/- spent on the final effort of getting the money due to me. Once you are good with all the document submissions to RTO and waiting for a decent time, file RTI

Also the vehicle transfer confirmation from the state that re registered (TN) in hard copy is the oxygen tank of this Himalayan task

A bit of Kannada also makes it easier to navigate in KA RTO(not mandatory)

RTI works believe it or not

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 08:16   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
With great joy and regret and I want to announce that i successfully got the Road tax refund from KA RTO which is a 5 digit credit

I moved out of KA in March 2018 and re registered in TN by May 2018. I got the money back today, you can do the math on the time and effort taken. But it was worth it all the way.
Congrats. The time take for the tax refund is the biggest deterrent in selling or transferring cars to other states. Inspite of having a technology edge, KA takes 3 yrs to refund, I can imagine states which are technology challenged like MH, it may take ages. Add under the table transactions which could be soul challenging.

I think the way NOC's or Transfer ownership has been automated by Parivahan, even the tax refund online could become a reality in the next 5-10 yrs.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 17:58   #889
BHPian

Hi Guys

I own a Grand Vitara 2.0L 2007 Model Valid with a DL Number till 17th Nov 2022. I have to give this off before it completes 15 years in about a years time because of the stupid NGT rule.

Luckily I recently acquired a Grand Vitara 2.4L manufactured in 2010 but registered in 2012, so it is valid till 2027.

After getting the Grand Vitara 2.4L with a heavy heart I offered to give away my Grand Vitara 2.0L in the Grand Vitara NCR Whatsapp Group. Since it is a vehicle in immaculate condition one Doctor from our group who shifted to Kerala instantly agreed to buy it and even transferred an advance. Now I have to get an NOC in his name for Kerala and he will pick the Grand Vitara from Delhi in Feb 2022.

I have 2 questions.

1. I researched and there is a straight forward online system in Delhi to apply for an NOC. In this all documents including Form28 with the impression of the embossed Chassis number have to be first uploaded, and then hard copy sent to the RTO through Speed Post. Has anybody tried this to get an NOC, and does the system work ? I asked a car dealer here and he said that the NOC will get stuck in the online system. He said an agent will charge around Rs 4000 to get us the NOC.

2. I have a good number DL 9CS 1500 for the Grand Vitara which is being sold to Kerala. I guess when the NOC is issued the number is cancelled. Is there a way to retain this number for my next car instead of it being cancelled ?

I recently posted a few pics of my Grand Vitara in this thread :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5205373

Styler
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 18:10   #890

Dear Team,

I’m moving from my vehicle registered state and was planning to get the BH series plates. Does this apply only for new vehicles or existing vehicle registrations can also be transferred to BH series?

I have enquired at the local RTO and the outright response I got from the agent is BH is only for new vehicles and I wouldn’t be getting the tax refund of already paid tax. I don’t think this BH series is advantageous if existing vehicles cannot be switched.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Best Regards,
MadScientist468.
Old 11th January 2022, 10:44   #891
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am moving to Mumbai from Kolkata, and I have just paid the taxes for the 5 year frame in December 2021. I intend to use my XUV for another year max. Apparently the information I had was out of state vehicles can ply for 12 months in Mumbai. But now am getting conflicting inputs, that's 60 days and 90 days.
Can anyone please throw some light on this?

-Sid-
Old 25th January 2022, 14:40   #892

Honda Accord V6 2007 - Transfer of RC from Delhi to Jaipur

Hi Folks!

My Honda Accord will complete 15 years in Sept. 2022. Has done 75000 km and still in great condition. I live in Gurgaon and I use the car mainly for long distance travel, particularly jaipur every couple of months. Commute within NCR is very low - not more than once a month. Jaipur RTO has confirmed that the car can be registered for another 5 years and would cost appx. Rs. 50000.
Any thoughts whether it is advisable to go ahead with the transaction or not?
Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Old 26th January 2022, 14:07   #893
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Accord V6 2007 - Transfer of RC from Delhi to Jaipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsindelhi View Post
My Honda Accord will complete 15 years in Sept. 2022. Has done 75000 km and still in great condition. Jaipur RTO has confirmed that the car can be registered for another 5 years and would cost appx. Rs.50000. Any thoughts whether it is advisable to go ahead with the transaction or not?
If the car is in good condition, why not ?

BTW what is this 50K about ? Here in Kerala, after 15years, the flat 5-year tax for all cars is 8700 or so. Plus another 755 for re-registration, service charge, postage etc. Even adding the cost of getting NOC from Delhi, the whole thing shouldn't cost more than 10K.

With everything online, you can get it done yourself quickly, without needing any agent. I did it online for my TN-regd Baleno that I moved to Kerala on completing 15years. Details here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4972748 (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th January 2022 at 14:16.
Old 26th January 2022, 15:34   #894

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
If the car is in good condition, why not ?

BTW what is this 50K about ? Here in Kerala, after 15years, the flat 5-year tax for all cars is 8700 or so. Plus another 755 for re-registration, service charge, postage etc. Even adding the cost of getting NOC from Delhi, the whole thing shouldn't cost more than 10K.

With everything online, you can get it done yourself quickly, without needing any agent. I did it online for my TN-regd Baleno that I moved to Kerala on completing 15years. Details here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4972748 (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)
Thanks for your atttention!
The amount is an estimate for payment of road tax which may be levied @ 25% of the prevailing road tax rate(for a new car). I need to reconfirm this amount.
The big issue here is unique for delhi NCR where 15 year old cars are not allowed to ply on the roads and there is a challan of Rs 10000 for such cars plus risk of car being impounded.
amsindelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:30   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The amount is an estimate for payment of road tax which may be levied @ 25% of the prevailing road tax rate(for a new car). I need to reconfirm this amount.
Usually tax rates are typically similar across states. So I doubt it will be 5 times in Rajasthan what is in Kerala. You could check with the RTO at Jaipur on exact amount (I tried their website, but couldn't get tax amount for 15+ year old cars).

Due to the 15-year rule in NCR, just get an NOC before the window closes, get it registered in RJ and do the re-registration / fitness that will make the car road-legal for next 5 years.
Old 27th January 2022, 11:43   #896

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Usually tax rates are typically similar across states. So I doubt it will be 5 times in Rajasthan what is in Kerala. You could check with the RTO at Jaipur on exact amount (I tried their website, but couldn't get tax amount for 15+ year old cars).

Due to the 15-year rule in NCR, just get an NOC before the window closes, get it registered in RJ and do the re-registration / fitness that will make the car road-legal for next 5 years.
Thanks. I am going to jaipur next week and will check the correct amount from RTO. Regards!
Old 10th February 2022, 14:30   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am going to jaipur next week and will check the correct amount from RTO. Regards!
Hi amsindelhi. I am myself in the procedure to procure a vehicle from Delhi and transfer it to Rajasthan. Can you share the information you have received?

I wanted to be sure about the taxes that will be required to paid to Rajasthan RTO. Awaiting your reply please!
Old 10th February 2022, 17:52   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.kokra View Post
Hi amsindelhi. I am myself in the procedure to procure a vehicle from Delhi and transfer it to Rajasthan. Can you share the information you have received?

I wanted to be sure about the taxes that will be required to paid to Rajasthan RTO. Awaiting your reply please!
Hi Gaurav

Please see calculation of registration charges I have arrived at for a brand new car bought in jaipur & for re-registration of 14 year old car from another state to jaipur RTO. There is a discount of 5% per year - maximum of 75% for a 14-15 year old car.

This is based on discussion with reliable transport agents and my own internet research.

The agents have also mentioned that there may be some additional discounts based on the RTO's internal calculations.

NEW CAR USED CAR - AGE 14 YEARS
Ex Showroom Price 1737000 1737000
Current Jaipur Road Tax @10% 173700 43425
Surcharge @ 12.5% 21712.5 5428
Green Tax > 2000 cc car 5000 5000
Registration Fees 600 600
FastTag Fees 500 500
HSRP+Smart Card 500 500

TOTAL REGISTRATION COST 202012.5 55453.125

Regards
Old 17th February 2022, 20:11   #899
Senior - BHPian

I have an October 2006 registered Kinetic Blaze (indeed!) registered in Chennai (TN07) and currently stationed in Bangalore. The registration has expired last October and I have not been comfortable riding it hence.

It is road worthy and with a bit of work, I believe it should clear the fitness but being an out of state registered vehicle I cannot even start the process. I am open to scrapping it but even that requires the RC to be cancelled and the involvement of the RTO concerned (Chennai)

I can probably take it somewhere to have it taken apart but that would not be compliant, so I cannot ride it nor can I officially scrap it! I do have the option of keeping it parked which has been the case for lack of a solution. Would really appreciate any suggestions in this regard
Old 17th February 2022, 20:13   #900
Senior - BHPian

Put the Blaze in a rail transport or KPN speed parcel truck to Chennai, pick it up there and get FC completed after a mechanic tinkers with it to make it pass PUC and other FC requirements.

Take it back to Bangalore and use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I have an October 2006 registered Kinetic Blaze (indeed!) registered in Chennai (TN07) and currently stationed in Bangalore. The registration has expired last October and I have not been comfortable riding it hence.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks