Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 15:37   #961
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

I am moving to Guajarat from WB, and I have a Nexon EV purchased in December, but it is on loan. When I enquired with local WB RTO agent, he told me I need to get the loan prepaid, get NOC from bank, get the hypothecation removed, and only then will I get a NOC from RTO for re registration.

Is this indeed the process? In that case, can I keep my WB registered car in Gujarat for <12 months, and by then see if I can pay off the loan and try the de registration and re registration process? Any practical solutions to this situation will be highly appreciated.
Old 9th June 2023, 07:51   #962
Senior - BHPian

You can drive the car in Gujarat for a year. After that depends on how much the GJ cops care about chasing out of state cars, some state cops are chill while others see it as a money spinner for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I am moving to Guajarat from WB, and I have a Nexon EV purchased in December, but it is on loan. When I enquired with local WB RTO agent, he told me I need to get the loan prepaid, get NOC from bank, get the hypothecation removed, and only then will I get a NOC from RTO for re registration.

Is this indeed the process? In that case, can I keep my WB registered car in Gujarat for <12 months, and by then see if I can pay off the loan and try the de registration and re registration process? Any practical solutions to this situation will be highly appreciated.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 09:32   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You can drive the car in Gujarat for a year. After that depends on how much the GJ cops care about chasing out of state cars, some state cops are chill while others see it as a money spinner for them.
Yes that is true, but I wanted to know from people at GJ, is it common to see out of state cars being regularly driven there? Like in Delhi NCR region it is a common sight.
Another bigger thing is, I would want the car to be legally plying wherever it is, to be on the right side of law and insurance companies in case of an incident.

Also, I read on a response in Quora, that someone stayed in another city with his car for 1 year, and then simply paid the road tax amount to the local RTO and did not re-register the car, and kept original registration. Is that possible, and legal? In that case, all my problems are sorted.
Old 18th June 2023, 12:54   #964
BHPian

I bought a DL registered car a few months ago and as I am transferring the car to other state I asked a few rto agents in Delhi if there are any possibilities of partial tax refund, all of them said that tax refund is not possible in Delhi. So I decided to file an online RTI as the charges were only 10Rs this is what I got in reply -

Reply :- 1 NO PERSON CAN APPLY FOR REFUND OF ROAD TAX WHO HAS PURCHASED THE regd. VEHICLE.
2 AS PER DELHI TAXATION ACT WHEN ANY PERSON WHO HAS PAID THE ROAD TAX CAN APPLY FOR REFUND OF ROAD TAX AFTER SUBMISSION OF FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
A APPLICATION FOR REFUND OF ROAD TAX
B GAR-33
C ROAD TAX SLIP PAID AT DELHI
D ROAD TAX SLIP PAID AT OTHER STATE
E AADHAR CARD
F PAN CARD
G CANCELLED CHEQUE
H COPY OF RC OF DELHI NO.
I COPY OF RC OTHER STATE NO.

So seems that tax refund is only given in case of transfer of address of first owner to other state and not in case of transfer of ownership
Old 18th June 2023, 13:09   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post

So seems that tax refund is only given in case of transfer of address of first owner to other state and not in case of transfer of ownership
That's always a set principle, Only those who paid tax or their legal heirs can claim a refund.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 12:23   #966
BHPian

Can someone confirm if its possible to get a BH registration done for an already registered vehicle? This is especially for a WB registration where road tax is paid for the first 5 years.
Old 19th June 2023, 19:57   #967
BHPian

I have received the NOC from the Mumabai RTO to register my Wagon R in Hyderabad NZ. I am looking for a reliable RTO consultant to handle the registration of the car with the RTO Trimulgherry. Any leads?
Old 25th June 2023, 10:38   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Can someone confirm if its possible to get a BH registration done for an already registered vehicle? This is especially for a WB registration where road tax is paid for the first 5 years.
I would be interested on this too. I am in a similar situation.
Old 25th June 2023, 12:14   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I would be interested on this too. I am in a similar situation.
Unfortunately no as of now as the BH registrations is available for new car registrations only.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:04   #970
BHPian

Hello. due to my work I might have to relocate from Chennai to Noida for a period of 2 years. Now I drive a TN registered car and wanted to know how easy/ difficult will UP/NCR region police make it for me to drive a TN reg car, are they like Hyderbad cops who are chill with other state cars or the Bengaluru ones who rub their hands together when they see a non KA registered car?
Old 9th July 2023, 10:36   #971
BHPian

Re: BHPian-owned cars for Sale | Pics & details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Classifieds Link: https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...or-sale/71169/
Make & Model: Maruti Brezza Zdi
Asking Price: 7.15 Lakhs
Year: 2017
Kms: 1,00,000
Location / Regn State: DL Registered – 1st owner.
I have started receiving spam calls from far away states like MP, CG and even from Chennai - Not sure how these people will carry car from Delhi with NOC - Even if there should be enough inventory available for this DDIS engines in their own states. Surprising !!!
Old 9th July 2023, 16:40   #972
BHPian

Quote:
I have started receiving spam calls from far away states like MP, CG and even from Chennai - Not sure how these people will carry car from Delhi with NOC - Even if there should be enough inventory available for this DDIS engines in their own states. Surprising !!!
Calls from faraway places doesn't necessarily have to be spam. The high prices of used cars down south makes it worth to get one from up north. You don't have to carry a car from Delhi , you can always drive it to wherever you wish.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 16:49   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Calls from faraway places doesn't necessarily have to be spam. The high prices of used cars down south makes it worth to get one from up north. You don't have to carry a car from Delhi , you can always drive it to wherever you wish.
Once NOC is issued - that means your car registration number is invalid - and needs a re-registration - unless that happens - isnt its illegal to drive ?
Old 9th July 2023, 17:25   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Once NOC is issued - that means your car registration number is invalid - and needs a re-registration - unless that happens - isnt its illegal to drive ?
No - The NOC is valid for 6 months , registrations stays active and in your name . Car can be driven during this period .
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:34   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Through a RTO Agent in Bangalore, I have applied for refund of road tax (around 20,000) as I had kept my new car in Bangalore for 1 yr only.

Has anyone ever applied for refund of road tax? If yes then how long did it take to get the refund?
I relocated from Bangalore to Hyderabad and just submitted road tax amount for a my Nexon (1 year old). Needless to say, had to pay a huge amount. I am planning to apply for refund from Bangalore once my Telengana registration completes. Would you be able to share the details of the agent as most of the agents are not willing to service refund requests. Also, Karnataka RTO, I heard is notorious in refunds.. I am hoping a positive outcome for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks