Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 15:24   #916
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
If you plan to sell the bike, then option-1. Not worth the jhamela of option-2 & transporting the bike to WB only to sell it there.
Thank you for the direction supremeBaleno. Valid points. I guess I will go for option 1. While it will be an emotional goodbye, I agree on the rusting bit because that's how human psychology works.
Old 11th April 2022, 14:17   #917
BHPian

I am moving my MH (Navi Mumbai) registered car to Bangalore. As I am not in Maharashtra, I have spoken to a couple of agents to get my NOC from MH RTO. I have been informed that they would require form 29 - i haven't come across this requirement in any of the online checklists. Form 29 seems to be for cases where there is a change in car ownership. Is it a legitimate ask to send across form 29 too or is there something fishy I need to be aware of?
Also, in case anyone has a reliable RTO agent contact in Navi Mumbai, please let me know.

Last edited by Anirban001 : 11th April 2022 at 14:21.
Old 11th April 2022, 16:57   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
. Is it a legitimate ask to send across form 29 too or is there something fishy I need to be aware of?
Absolutely not required. Also keep in mind that NOC is issued free of cost (or around Rs. 100 max, according to one article), so negotiate with the agents accordingly. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-screenshot_20220411165620_chrome.jpg

Last edited by boniver : 11th April 2022 at 16:59.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 11:02   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it a legitimate ask to send across form 29 too or is there something fishy I need to be aware of?
As boniver mentioned, Form-29 is not required for getting NOC. The following link in this thread has details of what docs are needed in TN - won't be very different in MH.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4972748 (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)

Also, before engaging any agents, I would suggest you go through the MH RTO website to understand what is involved in getting NOC. And on the Parivahan website after selecting state as MH, give your vehicle registration number to know more details.
Old 13th April 2022, 12:55   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a legitimate ask to send across form 29 too or is there something fishy I need to be aware of?
Also, in case anyone has a reliable RTO agent contact in Navi Mumbai, please let me know.
Hi Anirban,

Form 29 is not required to get NOC. I recently got NOC for a car I bought used in Gujarat. The previous owner applied for NOC online. Once done he submitted Form 28(4 copies), RC, NCRB report, PUC and Insurance. If I remember correctly you also need to give a couple of chassis prints (shaded using pencil).

You should get the NOC in a week's time and max they will charge you ₹100. Once NOC is provided if you check your RC in Digilocker it will show RC status as "NOC ISSUED".

Last edited by Shanksta : 13th April 2022 at 12:59.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 09:25   #921
BHPian

Hi All,

Need guidance on vehicle movement to Pune from outside of Maharashtra. I am currently in Kerala and have been asked to relocate to Pune by end of the month. I wanted to understand the process of taking my vehicle from here to Pune. There is a slight complexity to it as well.

1) The car that I drive here in Kerala is of Karnataka registration. Is there any way I can get NOC for my car without directly visiting the RTO office in Bangalore?

2) How often are non-MH vehicles caught in Pune? I have driven a KA car in Kerala for 5 years without even being caught once, hence wanted to understand how usually police behave there.

3) Can I transfer the car (Not Drive) from Kerala to Pune via some courier service without getting a NOC?

4) Assuming I get NOC from Bangalore, can someone please guide me on the steps required to re-register my car in Pune? I would want to know the approximate expenses that I would need to incur for the re-registration.

5) My car is 7 years old. How much can I claim refund from Karnataka RTO once all the procedures are complete.

Thanks in Advance
Old 1st May 2022, 15:12   #922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Hi All,

Need guidance on vehicle movement to Pune from outside of Maharashtra. I am currently in Kerala and have been asked to relocate to Pune by end of the month. I wanted to understand the process of taking my vehicle from here to Pune. There is a slight complexity to it as well.
1) The car that I drive here in Kerala is of Karnataka registration. Is there any way I can get NOC for my car without directly visiting the RTO office in Bangalore?

Ans: Please get in touch with a trusted RTO agent based in Bangalore.

2) How often are non-MH vehicles caught in Pune? I have driven a KA car in Kerala for 5 years without even being caught once, hence wanted to understand how usually police behave there.

Ans: Maharashtra state law enforcement is quite strict and need to take no chances

3) Can I transfer the car (Not Drive) from Kerala to Pune via some courier service without getting a NOC?

Ans : A big NO

4) Assuming I get NOC from Bangalore, can someone please guide me on the steps required to re-register my car in Pune? I would want to know the approximate expenses that I would need to incur for the re-registration.

Ans : Within six months from the date of issue of NOC car has to be re-registered in Pune. The life time road tax for eight remaining years based on the cost invoice of your car will have to be paid as road tax. Plus registration, PUC, smart card charges apply.

5) My car is 7 years old. How much can I claim refund from Karnataka RTO once all the procedures are complete.

Ans: for eight years (15-7=8) but it's a very very lengthy process and needs to be patiently pursued.

Someone re-registered a car in Pune with NOC from Delhi and was given a new number in the MH 31 FU series that has just commenced.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 02:22   #923
BHPian

Hi All,

Needed some guidance. I have my 14 year old DL registered car in Delhi. I am moving to Hyderabad next month and want to take the car with me.

I am a little confused. Will the new registration in Hyd be valid for 5 years or only for the remaining months? Will I need to pay road tax in a few months? How much will I need to pay total?

Should I get the transfer done immediately or wait for 15 years to get completed?

I am yet to get the NOC, but I do see ample resources for that on the net. However, if there is any detailed guide, please do share.
Old 31st May 2022, 20:42   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi Anirban,

Form 29 is not required to get NOC. I recently got NOC for a car I bought used in Gujarat. The previous owner applied for NOC online. Once done he submitted Form 28(4 copies), RC, NCRB report, PUC and Insurance. If I remember correctly you also need to give a couple of chassis prints (shaded using pencil).

You should get the NOC in a week's time and max they will charge you ₹100. Once NOC is provided if you check your RC in Digilocker it will show RC status as "NOC ISSUED".
I recently applied online for issuance of NOC for my DL registered car through Vahan portal.
At the time of submission of application, which included uploading signed Form-28 and chassis print as well, instructions mentioned that no documents need to be submitted to RTO.
I also paid a postal fee of INR 30 at that time.

After few weeks Issuance of NOC was "Completed/Approved" as well.

Now I am clueless regarding the next steps.
Calling up Vahan helpline has not helped. Since no other comments was mentioned by the person who approved this application, they have advised me to wait for few more days as per them RTO can take up to 4-6 weeks to post the NOC copy at the new address.
It is going to be 5 weeks tomorrow since the time application was approved.

Can someone please advise regarding the next steps?
Old 11th July 2022, 17:37   #925
BHPian

Looking for help on Re-registration of my Vento

Greetings, everyone . It's fantastic to be a part of the Team-BHP family finally. While reading the travelogues, I never thought I would be part of this community.

I am MJ Charan Kumar from Chennai; I spent four years in Hyderabad, after which I shifted to Chennai 11 months ago. I own a pre-owned 2011 VW Vento (1.6 MT) with an AP registration.

While shifting from Hyderabad, we submitted our original RC to get a valid NOC from the Telangana RTO. When we produced the same after calling the police report, the documents took another 4-5 months to get verified as there was no proper communication between TN RTO and TS RTO. A couple of months ago, I realized that while buying our VW Vento in 2017, Auto Pride didn't provide us with the original invoice from Auto Pride located in Film Nagar. The RTO side has processed the documents, and they are expecting the original invoice copy so that they can give the estimate for road tax to be paid to them for the TN registration plate. The insurance also expired in Jan 2022, making me nervous about taking the car out on Chennai streets, wondering if the Traffic Police would catch me;-;. I had called Auto pride requesting the original invoice, but there was a negative response.
I had even mailed to the sales department of VW but didn't get any response till now. Since its already been 11 months since we got the police report and started the re-registration process, I might use help from this community on how to proceed since I am out of options and have no leads.
Thank you
the_bat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 03:48   #926
BHPian

Re: Looking for help on Re-registration of my Vento

Welcome Charan!

You seem to have combined your introduction and a request for suggestions in a single
post. I would highly recommend you to post your query in the respective section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/) to get some attention and responses.

Cheers!
Old 22nd July 2022, 05:34   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bat View Post
I am out of options and have no leads
Welcome on board.

In return for the help you receive, you certainly owe us an ownership report of the beautiful Vento; please bear that in mind .

On the issue of invoice, the registering authority - namely the RTO where the car was initially registered - will have the original invoice as it would have been part of the mandatory documents submitted by the first owner. See if you can arrange to get a copy from there unofficially; else file an RTI seeking a copy of the same. You will get it within a month.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:39   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bat View Post
I had even mailed to the sales department of VW but didn't get any response till now. Since its already been 11 months since we got the police report and started the re-registration process, I might use help from this community on how to proceed since I am out of options and have no leads.
Thank you
I suggest you pick up the phone and call them. When I had bought a used car with KL number in to Karnataka (in 2010), I just googled up the dealer's phone number and called them and they sent me a soft-copy of the invoice almost immediately. Emails may not be monitored meticulously (Of course it is good to them call up and drop a follow up mail).
Old 23rd July 2022, 11:59   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Welcome on board.

In return for the help you receive, you certainly owe us an ownership report of the beautiful Vento; please bear that in mind .

On the issue of invoice, the registering authority - namely the RTO where the car was initially registered - will have the original invoice as it would have been part of the mandatory documents submitted by the first owner. See if you can arrange to get a copy from there unofficially; else file an RTI seeking a copy of the same. You will get it within a month.
Haha, sure, I will post my ownership report as soon as the trouble of re-registration is made

I currently don't have any contact with agents from the Hyderabad RTO. So I think it would be almost impossible for me to arrange it unofficially :(.
Can you guide me through the steps of filing an RTI? It's an entirely new experience, and I would appreciate any help.
Cheers
the_bat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:09   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I suggest you pick up the phone and call them. When I had bought a used car with KL number in to Karnataka (in 2010), I just googled up the dealer's phone number and called them and they sent me a soft-copy of the invoice almost immediately. Emails may not be monitored meticulously (Of course it is good to them call up and drop a follow up mail).
I didn't receive any satisfactory message from VW PPS Motors when I called them, so last month, I posted a complaint regarding the same on the consumercomplaints.in on the website. After a couple of days, I directly received a call from the customer relationship manager of PPS motors asking me to describe the issue in detail. She was very supportive. But according to their T&C, the first owner should mail them requesting a duplicate invoice or go to their showroom. Please keep in mind that I did share my RC xerox for proof. Still, I managed to get the first owner's contact number, who is a doctor and spoke to him on the phone. His response was neutral.

Since I didn't want him to go through this hurdle, I drafted a mail for him. All he had to do was just copy-paste it and send it through his mail id. Even after this, he hasn't mailed to the sales department. Just because of his negligence, it's costing me this much time.

Also, after VW receives the mail, they told me they would send it to me in 7-10 working days. I am very thankful to VW PPS Motors for the support extended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks