Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 21:21   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
There are still quality issues/niggles in Altroz, why not resolve them all? How about improvements required in Dealerships - both front and back office. Had visited Tata showroom looking to check-out Altroz and did not have a pleasing experience. Moreover, there's still no proper automatic gearbox on Altroz (one of the reason i dropped it from consideration). In essence, lot of scope to improve, which can further boost the numbers....then, as they - Numbers speak for themselves..
Why does this discussion start every single time Tata releases an advertisement? Yes there are niggles in the car, and they should get it right. But they have to sell their product! They will obviously do their best to push it. Completely different teams are involved in both departments. Why even compare? It's just an advertisement. It's aim is to attract public interest, which it is doing very well. So, a job well done by the team! Let's just leave it there, right? You're talking as if only one job can be done, either they can get their cars and dealers right or make advertisements.

Maruti cars aren't safe, but it doesn't mean that they should not advertise at all.
udaikalra01 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 00:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect to Tata Motors, feel this is not required...why do so yet again (recollect the previous ad targeting both i20 and Baleno). "Action speaks louder than Ad(words)s".
There are still quality issues/niggles in Altroz, why not resolve them all? How about improvements required in Dealerships - both front and back office. Had visited Tata showroom looking to check-out Altroz and did not have a pleasing experience. Moreover, there's still no proper automatic gearbox on Altroz (one of the reason i dropped it from consideration). In essence, lot of scope to improve, which can further boost the numbers....then, as they - Numbers speak for themselves..

Pardon me for contradicting but all niggles don’t crop up on day 1. As they sell more cars and realise what all needs improvement they do. And as history has shown Tata is pretty good at regularly ironing out niggles. Eg. Indica - v2 - version 3. Each was a definite improvement over the previous one. Similarly, Harrier - new one.
Also Tata is an Indian company which doesn’t have the global reach and R&D or sales of Hyundai, so we can’t expect it to rival Hyundai with each product from onset.

I also find this ad unnecessary, but I cannot sympathise with Hyundai either for selling compromised cars for India. Same Seltos or Venue which gets 5 stars in Australian NCAP gets 3/2 stars here. If they really want to hit back at Tata for i20, make the i20 get a 5 star crash rating and come out with an ad giving an apt reply for Altroz. I20 will become sales champ again.
Till then, even though it’s immature, I’m enjoying TATA’s ads.
spkrnh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 10:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Maruti cars aren't safe, but it doesn't mean that they should not advertise at all.
Problem here is not Tata advertising, but the way they mock their competitors. No one does such campaign through our the year as far as Indian market is concern.

For a maker with less than 10% market share, after almost 2 decades and luxury brands in their pocket, they do seem very proud.

P.S : I am an ex Tata owner.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 14th July 2021 at 10:04.
giri1.8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 10:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable that some people have take this dig to heart. Come on guys. We need to lighten up.
extreme_torque is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 16:37   #155
BHPian

A year or so back, who, in the wildest of their dreams, would have ever thought a TATA would replace a Hyundai as a better selling car, that too in a premium hatch back segment. Speaks volume about changing mindset of people about TATA as a brand, ALTROZ as a product and the preference for safety.

And to the team that thought about his ad - Hats off!
Mechanto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 10:52   #156
BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect to Tata Motors, feel this is not required...why do so yet again (recollect the previous ad targeting both i20 and Baleno). "Action speaks louder than Ad(words)s".
Wow! Let's take an ad and that too not a full blown one, (it is just an Instagram/ Facebook/ YouTube post)for what it is and not over analyse it. Would you be as critical of the Korean twins for advertising their new platforms as super safe with elephants standing on their frame etc? I am sure even Hyundai is not as miffed as you are with a simple insta post. Being critical for no reason and dragging the so called service quality in every discussion is not really required. By the way I have jumped from Hyundai to Tata car now, and I feel the service quality of this is better than Hyundai in Bangalore. Hyundai sweet talks you and pamper you with a chai or cool drink and charges thousands for non requested or approved wiper changes, polishing cleaning etc. Anyway we r wayyy off topic!

Last edited by Raghuwire : 21st July 2021 at 10:54.
Raghuwire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 11:44   #157
BHPian

After effects of Latin NCAP crash test of Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20-screenshot_20210830113927_instagram.jpg  

vaish9925 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks