Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2021, 13:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a dig at both I20 & Baleno regarding their crash worthiness in a new video

I dont think there is any need to take offence here. Tata finally has the cars that can compete with the best from the world at anything - looks, engine, build, ride and handling and crash worthiness. More than Tata's it shows the hypocrisy of these so called world class manufacturers at not being able to balance costs, safety and economy inspite of all their resources and engineering talent at their disposal.

I would infact like Tata Motors to be even more aggressive and take the names directly.
extreme_torque is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 13:36   #77
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a dig at both I20 & Baleno regarding their crash worthiness in a new video

Till the time rivals take an action to improve their product safety, I would not mind Tata trying to make fun of their rivals. Tata has done a stellar job with their mainstream cars achieving 5* GNCAP ratings, so they have every right to publicise it, even if it means taking digs at rivals
govindremesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 13:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Here is the another teaser, play cupid to setup a crash date with rivals

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 13:49   #79
BHPian

I would say Tata has done a good job on making sure that they bring forward the point of safety by repeating the idea of 'Safety' in each and every advertisement campaign.

If Tata's advert of mocking rivals is considered in a negative taste, then Maruti's campaign of 'Calculate Kiya Kya?' was straight away a muck thrown on the face of previous Maruti's buyer by the Maruti itself.
Even Hyundai isn't a saint as it was considered before. Recent GNCAP results of their products have exposed them miserably.

On a funny note, Tata might need to spend this Valentine alone as none of the partners that they have invited might join them.
Maybe they can send a rose of friendship to Mahindra or Volvo.

Last edited by DrCar : 14th February 2021 at 13:52.
DrCar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 14:16   #80
BHPian

This is really hilarious. These banters are refreshing and why not Tata ? They have found a USP for their product. Atleast people are now looking at Tata in a different way now.
motorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 14:20   #81
BHPian

So Cheezy!!!!. Like a teenager proposing love. haha. I love it. Its hilarious.
Old 14th February 2021, 15:16   #82
BHPian

Tata is not known for its engineering, performance, after-sales/services, or anything that makes their cars stand out from others. GNCAP is Tata’s only trump card over other manufactures and they are leveraging it aggressively to market it.

The good thing is this kind of ad creates awareness among consumers and puts competitors under pressure to improve safety standards.
swoosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 15:25   #83
BANNED

This a really refreshing one from Tata. Kudos to have come up to the level of being capable of lobbing such a one on the whole industry.

"oh 2.65L kms, does your diesels achieve 'bark'-even in a lifetime?" must be the the next one, I guess.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 15:43   #84

My Aunt booked a Maruti last week (the zero safety rating one). I told her excellent choice, great car, good bells and whistles except that whenever her sons are out driving it, she will be worried that its unsafe in a crash.

They cancelled the booking yesterday, increased their budget a tad and have booked a Tigao LE today.

Happy to see Tata bring safety front and center, we need to realise that should an unfortunate incident happen the bigger touch screen or better FE is not going to save our life.🙏
omprakashp is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 17:33   #85
BHPian

I think Tata is purely playing to their strengths and why not? I think in this time and age, safety should not be a feature. For the first time in my life, I recommended a friend to buy the Altroz over an i20. We have had at least one Maruti in our house in the last 30 years. But that has changed and we will never buy a Maruti again till they improve their safety.
ajitmoses is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 20:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
Tata is not known for its engineering, performance, after-sales/services, or anything that makes their cars stand out from others. GNCAP is Tata’s only trump card over other manufactures and they are leveraging it aggressively to market it..
Agreed with the after sales part, but engineering and performance ?

Without proper engineering capabilities, how they managed to get 4* and 5* ratings for their cars ?(even from Zest and Bolt days)

They do make solidly built cars from 4.xx lakh rupee Tiago to 20+lakh rupee SUVs.
I guess Tata is very strong in engineering front.

Nexon EV is another good example of TATA's engineering capability.

They have proven that they can do good performance cars with the JTP twins, and the new Altroz iturbo is not a bad performer either.

Speaking of standing out from competition, in my eyes, Harrier, Safari, Altroz, Nexon and Tago's exterior & interior designs itself are enough to so make them stand out from the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
The good thing is this kind of ad creates awareness among consumers and puts competitors under pressure to improve safety standards.
100% Agree

Last edited by Asish_VK : 14th February 2021 at 20:31.
Asish_VK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:51   #87
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20

Tata's engineering department need to backup its marketing department in some respect. It's great to see Tata cars improve in quality by leaps and bounds. At the same time it so sad to see they still don't have a automatic transmission technology. And even sadder to see its best selling cars not have an automatic transmission option at all.

Come on Tata, if you can't develop, outsource. But Nexon and Altroz deserve an automatic.
cuboid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

1. Tata is mocking its rivals for selling sub standard cars. Good. Very good.

2. Calling by their name. Ballsy.

3. People trying to find faults in Tata. Why? They did not get good safety ratings as a fluke. They invested their money into safety. Like Maruti and Hyundai they could also have made their cars lighter, tinny, got better mileage and pickup. Or more gizmos. But they chose safety. Now, if they are boasting about that, why pick on them? Every manufacturer has had their share of faults. If not in India, then elsewhere.

4. There is no good comeback of Tata's jibe here. What would Hyundai say? "Okay, I have got one or two stars less, but have seen how big is my screen"?

5. The only good comeback is, to launch safer cars. In the end, its buyers like you and me, who are going to benefit from this. Are we not going to like 5 star cars from Maruti or Hyundai. Surely, we would.
ashutoshb is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Useless and garish chrome garnishing on the grille is advertised as a highlight. I don't see why Tata shouldn't boast about the safety rating. This is a cool dig!
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:36   #90
BHPian

Kudos to the management/marketing to relentlessly focus on safety and call our other manufacturers.

Only if MSIL could pull out threads from Team BHP and shame Tata for poor QC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks