Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:18   #286
Senior - BHPian

I intend to fit them only when it becomes statutorily inevitable!
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:24   #287
BANNED

@mithun: You can remove the snap off bolts, and will almost certainly need a new plate as well.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:39   #288
BHPian

It will take a decade to implement an idea. Not to forget the effort required. Lets see when it happens. Its more than 3yrs since this post started, so i assume everything is going as planned by the Indian govt. LOL Not in chennai anytine soon.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:36   #289
BHPian

Hi,
I plan to go for these plates ordered from Mr. Elangovan as I have reregistered my car in Chennai from Mysore. Would the new plates require re drilling of holes for fitting or can it use the existing ones? If yes, I would rather go for stickering on the existing plates. advise.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:35   #290
BHPian

Got mine last evening.

I had ordered online on the Utsav site on Thu and the plates came to me in 24 hrs. total money paid Rs 1225.00 including the courier charges.

I found this to be cheaper than getting it done from the local guys who quoted a figure of 1500-1600 for two plates.

got them in decent shape, one small little dent on of the plates, but would not even be noticeable, got 4 snap screws as well.

Now getting them fixed is my weekend project ... guess i would do it today itself

some pics
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-np_1.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-np_2.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-np_3.jpg  

Old 13th August 2010, 16:18   #291
Senior - BHPian

Just checked out their website and also spoke to their representative in Delhi and asked him the difference bwtween the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) and the Anti Theft Smart Number Plate (ATSNP). He said that the HSRP will only be sold when made mandatory by the government while the ATSNP are just fancy number plates that are of reflective nature and come with snap lock nuts that once fitted cannot be removed unless these must be sawed or broken off.

So my question is, what exactly are the advantages of ATSNP other than preventing thieves from changing the registration plate in an unfortunate event that your car is stolen? Besides, are these snap lock nuts available locally as if the plates need to be removed for some reason for a bumper change/paint job?
Old 31st August 2010, 20:04   #292
BHPian

Hi
I am looking forward to get these number plates for my Fiesta Sports.
Utsav told me to use SCREWLESS CAR NUMBER PLATE FRAMES costing 225 each on the front and the rear.
If possible, is there anybody having these installed in their cars?
I want to see how it looks in real. On their website it looked tacky and not very clear.
I urge you all to please help me out.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 31st August 2010 at 20:05.
Old 4th September 2010, 17:24   #293
Senior - BHPian

Folks, is there any place in Mumbai where we can get HSRP plates?
Old 4th September 2010, 17:51   #294
Senior - BHPian

The hologram logo what you see on the left top corner of Utsav plates are not supposed to be that as per HSRP guidelines. It should be the chakra. I got my plate done through a local guy in Bangalore and it looks more appropriate. See my garage for pics.
Old 5th September 2010, 02:06   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
The hologram logo what you see on the left top corner of Utsav plates are not supposed to be that as per HSRP guidelines. It should be the chakra. I got my plate done through a local guy in Bangalore and it looks more appropriate. See my garage for pics.
Hi vasoo,

While you are correct regarding the Chakra hologram, the thing is that the plates you are having are not HSRP(even I have plates similar to yours see my garage). The HSRPs will have a unique 8 or 10 digit id no which will be laser engraved beneath the words IND. So till the HSRP requirements actually kick in the Utsav guys are getting some free publicity by putting their logo instead of the chakra hologram.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:10   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
Got mine last evening.

I had ordered online on the Utsav site on Thu and the plates came to me in 24 hrs. total money paid Rs 1225.00 including the courier charges.

I found this to be cheaper than getting it done from the local guys who quoted a figure of 1500-1600 for two plates.

got them in decent shape, one small little dent on of the plates, but would not even be noticeable, got 4 snap screws as well.

Now getting them fixed is my weekend project ... guess i would do it today itself

some pics
slicks: Is it possible to fit these plates ourselves ?
Old 8th September 2010, 09:49   #297
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Folks, is there any place in Mumbai where we can get HSRP plates?
Just order online from utsav.co.in. Excellent service & highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
slicks: Is it possible to fit these plates ourselves ?
Of course it is.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:39   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
the ATSNP are just fancy number plates that are of reflective nature and come with snap lock nuts that once fitted cannot be removed unless these must be sawed or broken off.

So my question is, what exactly are the advantages of ATSNP other than preventing thieves from changing the registration plate in an unfortunate event that your car is stolen? Besides, are these snap lock nuts available locally as if the plates need to be removed for some reason for a bumper change/paint job?
Same queries here too. Wish some one would clarify on the queries. Planning to have them installed in Oct.

@slicks - Can you confirm that these fastening of the plates can be done by ourselves. If so, pls post the pics of the ones you did. Any thing to be wary of?
Old 8th September 2010, 11:50   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi vasoo,

While you are correct regarding the Chakra hologram, the thing is that the plates you are having are not HSRP(even I have plates similar to yours see my garage). The HSRPs will have a unique 8 or 10 digit id no which will be laser engraved beneath the words IND. So till the HSRP requirements actually kick in the Utsav guys are getting some free publicity by putting their logo instead of the chakra hologram.
I know that mine is not the real HSRP either. But I think it is the closest we can get in terms of appearance at this point. It is at least better than advertising some company who is making use of the opportunity dishing out boards with their logos. I don't understand why people order from Utsav and advertise them freely when we all know we will have to change again when the regulations are in force.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:57   #300
BANNED

The ones I got in June had the Chakra in the hologram. So maybe some legal hassle has led to a change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks