Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2021, 10:09   #286
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I guess he had called a lot of buyers and they must have complained about the high price. The guy already was playing on backfoot.
I was talking to SA this weekend on response they got for face lift, he said three people cancelled the booking and couple others are thinking to change to lower variant and still undecided.

I had told him to let me know if somebody is planning to upgrade to face lift version, so I can get a shot at pre-owned, looks like it may not happen.
Old 1st February 2021, 12:00   #287
BHPian

As per latest update from the SA in Mumbai, Test drives will be possible from Friday. The TD vehicles will either be the new Green or Blue, Model 'S' or Limited (O).
It seems they got a few bookings yesterday and many (like me) are waiting to see the new colors in person before signing the dotted line.
scarezebra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 16:28   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
As per latest update from the SA in Mumbai, Test drives will be possible from Friday. The TD vehicles will either be the new Green or Blue, Model 'S' or Limited (O).
It seems they got a few bookings yesterday and many (like me) are waiting to see the new colors in person before signing the dotted line.
Are you planning to go ahead with the purchase on the S variant or are you going to push them for a better quote
Old 1st February 2021, 18:17   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Are you planning to go ahead with the purchase on the S variant or are you going to push them for a better quote
Yeah will ask for a better quote for sure. I haven't discussed on the pricing yet though.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 19:47   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah will ask for a better quote for sure. I haven't discussed on the pricing yet though.
Do let me know how that goes for you! They were pretty rigid with the pricing though!
Jash2709 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:32   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Do let me know how that goes for you! They were pretty rigid with the pricing though!
Yup Sure. I do expect them to not be too flexible with the price. But let's see.The least they can do is reduce/price match insurance and wave off the handling/docs charges.
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:24   #292
BHPian

Found a photo of grey and silver, looks more Chinese than American.

Name:  3.PNG
Views: 3717
Size:  511.9 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 3601
Size:  438.4 KB

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3615
Size:  465.5 KB
bullitt1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:35   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
I was talking to SA this weekend on response they got for face lift, he said three people cancelled the booking and couple others are thinking to change to lower variant and still undecided.
That's totally opposite of the usual behaviour of dealerships to exaggerate the demand and features. It is weird that the SA is trying to discourage the buyer.

Quote:
Found a photo of grey and silver, looks more Chinese than American.
I am not sure which part of the Compass looks Chinese. Dual-tone interiors look pretty good to me and the exterior is clean and simple like most of the other American/European cars.

Found a video of the Compass in Grey shade.

Found another video that shows the dual-tone interiors.

I cannot find any reviews from mainstream media ( except for Autocar & TopGear) .

Last edited by navaneeth : 2nd February 2021 at 10:43.
navaneeth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 11:22   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

I cannot find any reviews from mainstream media ( except for Autocar & TopGear) .
That is so weird! I am not sure what FCA has in mind. While I am being bombarded with TATA Safari videos/reviews all over the internet most videos coming for Compass Facelift are videos made by people actually visiting the showroom and those too do NOT show the flag ship models!

They just come up with these videos! They are good no doubt but they should be focussing on getting the flagships and the new colors in showrooms first!

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd February 2021 at 12:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
scarezebra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
That's totally opposite of the usual behaviour of dealerships to exaggerate the demand and features. It is weird that the SA is trying to discourage the buyer.

Maybe he is one unlucky SA.

I am not sure which part of the Compass looks Chinese. Dual-tone interiors look pretty good to me and the exterior is clean and simple like most of the other American/European cars.
Personally I did not like the front- inward raked bumper, bent grill, central split. Pre facelift was much cleaner.

Anyways looks are very subjective and debate could be endless. Just to give an example, one of my friend rates Jon Voight higher than Angelina Jolie on beauty.
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:33   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Personally I did not like the front- inward raked bumper, bent grill, central split. Pre facelift was much cleaner.
I don't think any of these makes the Compass look more Chinese than American like you mentioned

Quote:
They just come up with these videos! They are good no doubt but they should be focussing on getting the flagships and the new colors in showrooms first!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=dQhmU4ytV78
I talked to the SA again. He mentioned that Jeep is yet to get ARAI certification and hence there are no test-drive vehicles yet. Also, he is not sure why Jeep hasn't dispatched any model-s compass to the dealerships even for display purposes. The only thing he can confirm is that the delivery dates can be confirmed by end of the day today.
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:10   #297
Senior - BHPian

How is it possible to have the same traction requirements for Sand/Mud?

Or am I missing something ?

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1612262434.427098.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:53   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
How is it possible to have the same traction requirements for Sand/Mud?

Or am I missing something ?

Attachment 2117057
I think it is more like "AUTO", "SNOW" and "OTHERS"
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:28   #299
BHPian

As per the announcement of Jeep, test drives and deliveries were supposed to start from the 2nd of February. Talked to dealerships in Kerala and Bangalore, they have display vehicles for trims other than the model-s. They don't have any idea when the test drives or deliveries will start.

My SA (Kerala) said there is no confirmation yet about the delivery of model-s but offered a discount on the insurance, now the insurance quote is around 75k including GST for model-S diesel AT.

Looks like Jeep failed to stick to the announced date of Feb 2, Jeep should at least provide a delivery timeline to the customers who already booked or pre-booked. IMO, the launch will lose out on the hype if the only variants available for display are base and mid-spec that too in red/white.
Old 3rd February 2021, 17:24   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Sport variant which is now coming with 17 inch alloys, 225/60/R17. However with the same old noisy Firestone tyres.

The interiors looked good as well. It gets a bigger display when compared to the out going Sport variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-sport1.jpeg  

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-sport2.jpeg  

arun_josie is online now   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks