Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 17:02   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

They badly need a Diesel Auto, the petrol auto is a guzzler and has very uninspiring performance. Diesel Automatic with the new features will put it back in contention and maybe even be a better pick.
Old 27th April 2022, 17:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
They badly need a Diesel Auto, the petrol auto is a guzzler and has very uninspiring performance. Diesel Automatic with the new features will put it back in contention and maybe even be a better pick.
ADAS will not work with Manual Gearbox, hence we may see a Diesel AT in the update.

That petrol is neither powerful nor efficient. Only because of convenience of CVT/DCT it's selling. I am sure the Diesel AT will turn around the sales of Hector like it did to Harrier V2.0 in 2020.

MG better sort their production crisis before they launch this update because their vehicle allocation is very weird. I am not getting a Burgundy Red Hector anywhere. Waiting period quoted is 3-4 months and dealers are saying that they are not receiving vehicle in said color. My Question to MG India is that do they produce other colors apart from Black/White/Silver in very few numbers like 10-20/ month ?

Also, Anyone planning MG please note, your car will go into production only after you book one. Yes, you read that right. MG doesn't suppy extra stock to dealers. If you want a Grey Hector, this is what happens

Dealer will take your booking.
An automated ID will generate.
MG will send it to Planning, next the Planning team will assign the specified variant to production. They'll take 1 variant at a time.

Like Ex- If Sharp variant is in production, other variants will be next in line.

Next the variants will be bifurcated Fuel and Transmission wise, then they'll be sent to dealership and then will be delivered to customers based on the booking list.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 00:59   #153
BHPian

Saw this today on Noida -Greater Noida Expressway
MG Hector facelift again?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_20220428_185633.jpg  

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_20220428_185630.jpg  

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_20220428_185621.jpg  

Mail.atyagi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 10:17   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail.atyagi View Post
Saw this today on Noida -Greater Noida Expressway
MG Hector facelift again?
Seems like MG is going for Taigun like Tail-light bar. Also the bumper below seems to be more beefier. Interesting!

I cancelled my Sharp CVT booking in January in expectation of Facelift with ADAS. Hope with this one MG resolves for infotainment touchscreen issues as well.

In December these test mules were spotted first. Now with two test mules spotted back to back in two different cities, hoping the launch should happen by July
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 12:54   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

I think they are also preparing for Tucson launch, Tucson and this will probably launch at same time. Tucson will be obviously quite a bit expensive, and probably missing ADAS features. I am eagerly waiting for Tucson and specially in diesel, petrol on Tucson is very mediocre, just like Hector. If hector does get an automatic in diesel, it will be tough to pick Tucson over hector for VFM.

Let’s hope both launch by end of H1, I have a feeling I will get one of these two home this Diwali.

Last edited by AtheK : 30th April 2022 at 13:03.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 21:48   #156
BHPian

Found couple of pictures of test mule on twitter. Seems to be Hector Plus variant. Though the DRL seem to be of 5 STR variant. If that's the case, then we can expect Hector 5 seater to get larger grill.

Hope MG launched it in next 3 months.

Source - https://twitter.com/rohansethi302/st...zj9bayRDg&s=19
Attached Thumbnails
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-frv6o2facaerw6p.jfif.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by manpreetsj : 6th May 2022 at 21:51.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 12:58   #157
BHPian

MG Hector is sold as Wuling Almaz and Chevrolet Captiva globally in different markets. It's a known fact.

Some googling helped find out recent facelift avatar of these cars. This may give us hint on what may get changed in exterior design of Hector in upcoming facelift.

I feel Hector is going more towards the facelift design of Captiva (facelift introduced in Mexico in 2022). Other than design Captiva offers fully digital instrument cluster.2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-2022chevroletcaptivapremiermexicoexterior010frontthreequarters.jpg

It may go the Almaz RS Pro route as well, as it is more in line with current Hector. Almaz added ADAS to RS variant in 2021. RS will be branded as SAVVY in India (as in case of Astor and Gloster)
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-almaz.jpg

Reposting/adding new test mule pictures of upcoming Hector
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-fondfrvgamfetf.jfif.jpg
Name:  NEW.jfif 1.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  165.3 KB

Which one would you prefer to get in India & why? I personally prefer "chrome delete" of Almaz RS Pro.

Mods: I hope back to back posts with a gap of 10 days is acceptable. If not, please delete.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 16th May 2022 at 13:07.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:33   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

I too shop it is Almaz RS Pro, it looks pretty Nice, the alloys are pretty sweet as well. We are definitely not getting those alloys as per spy pics, I hope they offer them as an accessory atleast.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:41   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I too shop it is Almaz RS Pro, it looks pretty Nice, the alloys are pretty sweet as well. We are definitely not getting those alloys as per spy pics, I hope they offer them as an accessory atleast.
Completely agree with you on Alloys! Definitely would love to have these as an option! However, Wuling offers same alloys in Almaz RS PRO as current Hector. The ones in picture are after market! I just loved the overall look, hence used for comparison.
Old 16th May 2022, 19:56   #160
BHPian

Took a shot at the following based on the outline of the grill

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-mgh.jpg
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:10   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Took a shot at the following based on the outline of the grill

Attachment 2308641
Yes from the pictures the grill seems to have that kind of depth (similar to Captiva). If the edges are anywhere close to what you have drawn, it will look a lot like upcoming Venue/Creta's grill (inspired from Tucson). Too many iterations of same grill
Old 16th May 2022, 20:48   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Yes from the pictures the grill seems to have that kind of depth (similar to Captiva). If the edges are anywhere close to what you have drawn, it will look a lot like upcoming Venue/Creta's grill (inspired from Tucson). Too many iterations of same grill
Yeah agree - the shape is similar to the new Creta's though I assume it will be much larger on the Hector and hopefully better looking. One of the Hector twins USP is its bold big face (esp on the Plus) - and I hope they don't dilute the bold elegance of the current grill
Old 26th May 2022, 17:48   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

So, what's new on the inside?

IRVM now gets auto-dimming. The USB port that was present on the outgoing car's IRVM is gone:
Thank you! I was getting anxious as to why my Hector Facelift CVT does not have the USB port for the dash! Now I know! Would prefer auto-dimming any day over USB port though!
Old 27th May 2022, 08:17   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Thank you! I was getting anxious as to why my Hector Facelift CVT does not have the USB port for the dash! Now I know! Would prefer auto-dimming any day over USB port though!
Agreed! Thanks for bringing it to notice. I tried looking for usb port in a friend's newly bought Hector, while we were discussing dash cam installation ease with usb port at such convenient spot. They should have retained it.
Old 27th May 2022, 08:54   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Agreed! Thanks for bringing it to notice. I tried looking for usb port in a friend's newly bought Hector, while we were discussing dash cam installation ease with usb port at such convenient spot. They should have retained it.
Yes in the new Hector (Plus) which I have, the USB port has been shifted to near the front passenger ventilation seat button. The dashcam can be wired easily from here and the cable can be hidden along the trims. There is also a separate usb port in in the wireless phone charging cubby which is used for phones and Android Auto.

Also another aspect I want to highlight is the comfort of the Hector Plus Captain seats. They are really very good and comfortable for seniors.
I had to take my parents to Dehradun from Gurgaon and back same day yesterday (approx 620kms) and my parents were quite happy and comfortable doing the entire journey and found the captain seats and the legroom very comfortable compared to the Jeep Compass. In the Compass they can hardly sit for 3-4 hours without discomfort while in the Hector they spent almost 11.5 hours on the road in the same day. Another big plus point is the supple suspension which also adds to comfort, compared to the taut suspension of the Compass. Even the NVH of the Hector is good and even at speeds of 100-120 there is very little noise.
While there may be some difference due to Hector being only 6 months old and the Compass being 4.5 years old, the Hector definitely has an edge in ride comfort and the NVH. The captain seats are also a boon for seniors and comfort level is much better.

Last edited by Behemoth : 27th May 2022 at 09:04.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks