Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 18:18   #121
BHPian

Re: 2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Hector owners, Have any of you upgraded the stock tyres on the 2021 Hector? What specs and brands did you go for?
Old 25th April 2021, 19:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Good question. If you use the auto-hold for the intended functionality i.e. to briefly hold the car on an incline while you move the right foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal, then it is fine and but natural that the transmission will need to be in D
But if you plan to use it for a traffic light stop, then I am not sure if keeping the transmission engaged for a > 30sec stop, is advisable. If this was the DCT version, I would have straightaway said do-not-do-it. As this is the CVT, I am not so sure - but logically, keeping the transmission engaged using the brake to hold it, seems like a bad idea @ a traffic light stop.
Ummm... I have a new DCT Hector Plus and I use it exactly like that. In fact the sales rep told me it was meant for traffic - step on the brake and let go until ready to move again, at which time gently depress the accelerator and it’ll start moving again. I experience no jerks at all in the process (touchwood). In fact the Auto Hold is rather sensitive I find. For example if I depress the brake light to cut speed or gently let myself out of my sloping drive as I reverse, the AH doesn’t kick in and it behaves as the normal brake would. It requires a firm pump of the brake for it to engage. And a gentle foot is enough for it to disengage smoothly.

If however you say that it isn’t meant to be used for more than 30 seconds at a light, then I’ll look into it more with MG directly as it’s the first time we’ve had this feature in our car.

EDIT/UPDATE: Here’s the relevant manual page. Seems likes it’s fine for 5 mins after which it automatically switches to the EPB calliper.

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-05f5519c0e754027acc0a938f36b2665.jpeg

Last edited by RT13 : 25th April 2021 at 19:33. Reason: Update
RT13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 20:12   #123

Hi, what Rpm does the hector cvt cruise at 100 and 120 kmph?
rithvikrr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 08:51   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Hector owners, Have any of you upgraded the stock tyres on the 2021 Hector? What specs and brands did you go for?
Why would you want to? Mine came with Goodyear tires. Do you mean brand or size?
Old 26th April 2021, 13:04   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Why would you want to? Mine came with Goodyear tires. Do you mean brand or size?
Better grip, longer life and improved ride quality. I had read some discussions about the same on the Hector forums on BHP. If there is a need for change, i would rather do it immediately on delivery to get max value of the old tyres rather than drive it for few days and then look for replacement.

I'm looking for suggestions on both Brands (read about Michelins & Yoko) as well as size change if required.
Old 26th April 2021, 14:06   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithvikrr View Post
Hi, what Rpm does the hector cvt cruise at 100 and 120 kmph?
I have done cruising in manual mode on 8th Gear with RPM hovering around 1600-1700 at 100kmph.

Around 1500 RPM, the Hector doesn't like being on 8th gear and tries to downshift. So either drive at 90-95kmph on 7th gear at 1800-2000rmp, or increase the speed to 100-105kmph at laze around at 1600-1700rpm in 8th gear. The latter seems to have given me a good FE of around 14.5kmpl.
dhruv.bansal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 14:08   #127

Quote:
Better grip, longer life and improved ride quality. I had read some discussions about the same on the Hector forums on BHP. If there is a need for change, i would rather do it immediately on delivery to get max value of the old tyres rather than drive it for few days and then look for replacement.

I'm looking for suggestions on both Brands (read about Michelins & Yoko) as well as size change if required.
I have not gone for any upgrade, even when it seemed right to do so. The profile is low and the width is subpar compared to the Harrier. Still drove 1k km nonetheless to check if I feel any inadequacy. But to be frank, I don't feel any issue/reason to upgrade. May do so when my stock ones are EOL.
dhruv.bansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 16:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv.bansal View Post
I have not gone for any upgrade, even when it seemed right to do so. The profile is low and the width is subpar compared to the Harrier. Still drove 1k km nonetheless to check if I feel any inadequacy. But to be frank, I don't feel any issue/reason to upgrade. May do so when my stock ones are EOL.
Yes, but then if I wanted a harrier I would have got one. The hector is definitely not for any kind of spirited driving, off road or taking corners at high speeds. What it does is give a nice comfortable ride at road legal speeds. The tires are good enough for the above and I agree, I too haven’t felt the need for any tire upgrade after 2k kms.
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 16:55   #129
BHPian

Quote:

The new facelift comes with one size bigger than the previous models. Are you sure you aren’t reading older posts? The ride quality is great so is the grip on my goodyears that were factory fitted. No complaints. Yes, they look small compared to other cars like the harrier or the jeep etc. But then again, you don’t buy this car for its 4x4 capabilities. I suggest you don’t do any tire changes. The stock tire are absolutely fine my friend.
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 21:57   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv.bansal View Post
Thanks for your inputs Dhruv.

Quote:
Yes, but then if I wanted a harrier I would have got one. The hector is definitely not for any kind of spirited driving, off road or taking corners at high speeds.
I guess he was talking about the tyre profile & width and not the car itself.

Quote:
The new facelift comes with one size bigger than the previous models. Are you sure you aren’t reading older posts? The ride quality is great so is the grip on my goodyears that were factory fitted. No complaints.
Good to hear that both of you are satisfied with the factory fitted tyres . I have read both the old and new posts and i'm aware of the R18 on 2021 facelift, however, they are still goodyears. Nevertheless, thanks for your feedback, it definitely helps.
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 14:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

MG Motor India extends validity of service schedule, all the scheduled services that are due to take place in April and May 2021 will be extended up to 31 July, 2021.

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20210511_144106.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th May 2021 at 14:47.
Old 21st May 2021, 13:48   #132
BHPian

Brand new MG Hector Petrol micro hybrid owner complaints on poor AC performance, later found the issue was a leaking AC compressor.

Link

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_20210521_111444.jpg

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20210521_110737.jpg

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20210521_110735.jpg
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 07:24   #133

TCS Reflecting in Form 29AS

Hi Guys,

I purchased my car on 03 Mar wherein TCS was deducted as per prevalent rules. However, the TCS is not reflecting in my form 26AS till date. Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Old 25th June 2021, 09:23   #134
Senior - BHPian

Re: TCS Reflecting in Form 29AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey90210 View Post
Hi Guys,

I purchased my car on 03 Mar wherein TCS was deducted as per prevalent rules. However, the TCS is not reflecting in my form 26AS till date. Has anyone faced a similar issue?
They have a long time to file this, even banks file it in September in some years. I'm not sure what the time limit is this year, I know it was extended. Maybe a tax expert should be able to help.
Old 25th June 2021, 09:56   #135

Re: TCS Reflecting in Form 29AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
They have a long time to file this, even banks file it in September in some years. I'm not sure what the time limit is this year, I know it was extended. Maybe a tax expert should be able to help.
Thanks. Am asking them for the Form 16A. Will try and update it manually on the IT website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks