Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 20:59   #586

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikishanb View Post
Dear All,
One of my known associate from Maruti Showroom Chennai has attended the Brezza sales training session and he sent me all the confirmed features and specs. I am attaching his notes from the training session.[ATTACH=BREZZA (Features) From Maruti Sales Training.pdf]2324074[/ATTACH]

Thanks
Hari Kishan
Any idea what the "Spare Tyre Air filling" mentioned in the attachment is? Is there a rear DC port provided to attach portable air pump or is it something else?

Also my speculation is, MS adding ESP and Hill Hold on all trims might be an attempt at reaching for the higher safety rating.
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:14   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_cooper View Post
Any idea what the "Spare Tyre Air filling" mentioned in the attachment is?
Saw this mentioned as “ergonomic placement of spare tire nozzle for easy filling” so might be a a way spare is placed in boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_cooper View Post
Also my speculation is, MS adding ESP and Hill Hold on all trims might be an attempt at reaching for the higher safety rating.
Same feeling! Wouldn’t have added ESP as standard unless some rating related benefit is gained out of it, as this feature is not something general public would be sold on.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:19   #588
BHPian

Kia carens scoring 3 stars with 6 airbags was disappointing. Looks like money minded automakers are slowing shifting towards more safety features on offer with weak structure as their strategy. 6 airbag seem more assuring than 2. I would be very disappointed if Maruti does the same with the new Brezza. The car we buy now (booked Brezza zxi+) we will keep for probably 10+ years. I really don't want to spend my money on an unsafe car and keep it for 10+ years.

Government should mandate stricter safety standards ASAP. Otherwise, it's just the general public getting fooled by automakers in the name of safety features.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th June 2022 at 06:15. Reason: Typo. Also please use capitals letter where needed. Thanks
Shonith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:31   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Kia carens scoring 3 stars with 6 airbags was disappointing. Looks like money minded automakers are slowing shifting towards more safety features on offer with weak structure as their strategy. 6 airbag seem more assuring than 2. I would be very disappointed if maruti does the same with the new brezza. The car we buy now (booked brezza zxi+) we will keep for probably 10+ years. I really don't want to spend my money on a unsafe car and keep it for 10+ years.
Government sho
uld mandate stricter safety standards ASAP. otherwise it's just the general public getting fooled by automakers in the name of safety features.
Unfortunately the new Brezza is based on Heartect platform which is same as Baleno and Baleno is one of the unsafe cars scoring 0 stars in Latin NCAP. If you are safety conscious, go for Tata or Mahindra.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 23:04   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Unfortunately the new Brezza is based on Heartect platform which is same as Baleno and Baleno is one of the unsafe cars scoring 0 stars in Latin NCAP. If you are safety conscious, go for Tata or Mahindra.
With due respect, your comment is nothing but a combination of some rumors and lies propagated due to careless attitude of us Indians (when we are the readers)! Reason?

1. The 2022 Brezza is not based on the Heartect but is continued in the same old platform as can be observed by having a look at its specs and placement of the pillars, bonnet shape etc.

2. Even if the Heartect rumours are true (which they aren't), it does not guarantee that the car is a safety disaster. As has been proven earlier, the Ertiga has scored reasonably well while being a Heartect based car with child safety that was rated better than the Tata Nexon.

3. You said that the Baleno is an unsafe car referring to the Latin NCAP crash test. Now sir, I would like to remind you that the Baleno with many others had scored a zero due to lack of standard side head airbags and ESP. Hence the stars were capped at zero since those are mandated by the Latin NCAP.

Interestingly, none of the Tatas and Mahindras or any other Indian cars except the City would score more than zero since they all lack side head airbags as standard.

4. No matter which Tata or Suzuki or even Hyundai scores a zero in Latin NCAP, it is completely irrelevant to us due to much stricter crash test procedure in Latin NCAP.

5. Since you said that one must go to Tata-Mahindra for safety, let me remind you that Tata is currently the only manufacturer that does not offer basic Active Safety tech like Hill Hold Control and 6 airbags on most of their cars! Plus, the Nexon is prone to topple very easily as per what we have seen on the internet!

Hence, I would want you to research your facts properly before you type in such a post next time as it can be very misleading to the customers and the readers and could put a bad name on the forum (Many already call Team-BHP the source of fake news due to many such posts!).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th June 2022 at 06:17. Reason: Typo
theAutomaniac is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:01   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
There is no official confirmation that new Brezza is based on the Baleno platform. You have decided that the new Brezza is unsafe even before it is launched. And even if the Brezza is based on Baleno platform, the Baleno for Indian marker is never crash tested. the Latin NCAP rating is not relevant to Indian Baleno the same way Euro NCAP 3* rating is not relevant to Indian Baleno. So safety rating of Indian Baleno is untested similar to the safety of Harrier/Safari. So we cannot call it safe or unsafe. The Indian Ertiga on heartect platform scored 3 stars and AEAN market ertiga on same platform scored 4 stars. So the platform name alone cannot decide the safety rating of a vehicle. Only once it is tested by GNCAP, it's result can be concluded.

Last edited by sreejithkk : 24th June 2022 at 09:03.
sreejithkk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:39   #592
BHPian

I feel since we are paying for a car upfront without even testing it (test drives don't give the whole picture). It should be mandated by the government for the car manufacturers to give certain information to the general public at the time of booking or atleast when the vehicle is launched. I feel safety ratings should be included during the time of booking just like how manufacturers talk about airbags and other safety features.

We live in a strange times where certain electrical appliance are mandated to have ratings based on power consumption. But sadly it's not mandated to have star rating based on lives saved.
Shonith is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:01   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post

We live in a strange times where certain electrical appliance are mandated to have ratings based on power consumption. But sadly it's not mandated to have star rating based on lives saved.
There are some murmurs I am hearing that an Indian Government mandated Safety rating system is on the anvil and is independent of GNCAP. This is likely to be announced within July with ARAI being the lead agency.

There is already a formal government mandated method for stating fuel efficiency. But sadly there is only a private agency who acts as the safe keeper of Safety which is not probably the ideal way to go about it especially when they have vested interests of their own.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 11:58   #594
BHPian

I am sorry for going off topic, but there is a lot of misdirection on your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post

2. Even if the Heartect rumours are true (which they aren't), it does not guarantee that the car is a safety disaster. As has been proven earlier, the Ertiga has scored reasonably well while being a Heartect based car with child safety that was rated better than the Tata Nexon.
Are you really comparing the 5 star rated Nexon to the ertiga based on one factor in the entire test?

Quote:
3. You said that the Baleno is an unsafe car referring to the Latin NCAP crash test. Now sir, I would like to remind you that the Baleno with many others had scored a zero due to lack of standard side head airbags and ESP. Hence the stars were capped at zero since those are mandated by the Latin NCAP.

Interestingly, none of the Tatas and Mahindras or any other Indian cars except the City would score more than zero since they all lack side head airbags as standard.
But they would on the global ncap? Where it has been proven that they are a lot safer than maruti cars?

Quote:
5. Since you said that one must go to Tata-Mahindra for safety, et me remind you that Tata is currently the only manufacturer that does not offer basic Active Safety tech like Hill Hold Control and 6 airbags on most of their cars! Plus, the Nexon is prone to topple very easily as per what we have seen on the internet!
So inspite of missing these "Basic safety features" they manage to be much safer then the competition correct? The Kia carens has 6 airbags and yet only managed a 3 star rating. The Tiago in a much lower segment beat it.

Quote:
Hence, I would want you to research your facts properly before you type in such a post next time as it can be very misleading to the customers and the readers and could put a bad name on the forum (Many already call Team-BHP the source of fake news due to many such posts!).
Yes please. This is a respected forum.
Bluengel180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:11   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
But sadly there is only a private agency who acts as the safe keeper of Safety which is not probably the ideal way to go about it especially when they have vested interests of their own.
It depends on Indian car buyers. The car manufacturers started providing sunroof, air purifier, 10 inch dashboard tab or TV screen because we, Indian consumers emphasis more on these gimmicks and features than a good body structure or good safety rating of the car, essential safety features according to Indian weather and road conditions like rear defogger and wiper, TPMS etc. Even the base variants get the useless gimmicks but not a rear defogger and wiper. Sunroof is a must for us, defogger and wipers are not!

The safety consciousness among Indian car buyers is still a minority. At least the sales charts say so. Only exception is probably the Nexon and few more Tata motors cars.

We wanted to have IP52, IP67, IP68 in our mobile handsets and we get it nowadays. When Indian consumers would prefer these safety aspects in their cars, definitely it will come. Just like you are about to get the sun roof in Maruti Suzuki cars in India now.
Old 24th June 2022, 12:19   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
So inspite of missing these "Basic safety features" they manage to be much safer then the competition correct? The Kia carens has 6 airbags and yet only managed a 3 star rating. The Tiago in a much lower segment beat it.
Sorry the reason the Carens' side airbags did not help is that Global NCAP does not yet include a side impact with a consumer-testing protocol but rather uses a simple optional pass/fail regulatory test only required to achieve five stars. In the Carens it did not add to the score. A proper side impact will be included from next month as well as an optional side pole test for 4+ stars which requires curtain airbags to even be eligible for the test.

Quote:
It is possible to score more than zero without side head airbags as standard, the Toyota Yaris and Peugeot 208 did it, only the car would then lose crucial points for the pole test so a higher rating is unlikely. More important is the lack of ESC without which most cars would zero.

The Nexon has standard ESC so a star or two in Latin NCAP is possible (Altroz and Punch would likely zero). Hard to say with so much missing data for performance in other tests (side impact, whiplash etc). The Nexon's child dynamics could also be a problem.

The City only has thorax airbags as standard. Head airbags are available on the VX and above. I would expect it to perform like the 208.

Quote:
But they would on the global ncap?
We do not have Global NCAP results for the old or new Indian Baleno. The car tested by Latin NCAP, which had a frontal score equivalent to 4 stars GNCAP for adult protection, was left hand-driven so we cannot use the result for India because intrusion characteristics can be different for RHD cars.

Last edited by ron178 : 24th June 2022 at 12:20.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:40   #597
BHPian

For all those saying that Maruti is losing market share due to chip shortage, it is the same for most other manufacturers. As per news report, 1.35 lakh vehicle orders are still pending for Hyundai.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/hyun...ortage-3090167

True, that some people were waiting for launch of the new Brezza, and these hardcore Maruti fans or those from the hinterlands - would not look at say even Hyundai, because of the trust and serviceability of Maruti vehicles in most remote places. Let us see if the new Brezza can topple the Nexon as the market leader in the sub 4m SUV segment. First two months there might be a sales spike due to a new launch, but should stabilize from say the third month and we'll get a clearer picture.

But I feel, even though the new Brezza will stem the decline in Maruti's overall market share, the real punch might come from the new SUV co-developed with Toyota, giving Creta & Seltos some real competition. Let us wait and watch, if Maruti can regain 50% overall market share in this highly competitive SUV segment.
Old 24th June 2022, 13:40   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Are you really comparing the 5 star rated Nexon to the ertiga based on one factor in the entire test?
Nope sir! You have misunderstood both Global NCAP results and my post.

I am not comparing the 5 star AOP (Adult Occupant Protection) rated Nexon to the 3 star AOP rated Ertiga. I am comparing 3 star Child safety rated Nexon to the 3 star Child safety rated Ertiga.
Interestingly, Maruti has never recommended a CSR to Global NCAP for their cars and they always get points deducted for that. Tata on the other hand, always recommends CSR. Hence, there is a high possibility that the Ertiga's child safety could be even higher than it already is.

Quote:
But they would on the global ncap? Where it has been proven that they are a lot safer than maruti cars?
Well that is argumentative. The only Tata that has proven to be a lot safer than its Maruti rivals, is the Tiago. Maruti rivals to the Tigor and Altroz have not been tested yet and hence my statement stays incorrect.
As BHPian ron178 said, the Baleno LHD is capable of scoring a 4 under Global NCAP, that further says that maybe the difference in safety is not as much as people think of it to be.
The Nexon on the other hand, has lost its 5 stars post the facelift and hence, it is probably just as safe as a 4 star Brezza.

P.S.- Not wanting to imply that Tata-Mahindra contribute nothing special to safety consciousness. Both these Indian brands have helped amplify safety and that is very much applaudible.

Quote:
Again, the Carens's equipment makes it much safer in avoiding a crash than a Nexon. In the NCAP test, tests relevant to those equipment have not yet been included and hence the benefit of those additional features is not impactful in the NCAP score. (Not saying that the Carens wasn't disappointing. It was, but the additional equipment is still beneficial.)
Old 24th June 2022, 18:10   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

More of the Brezza:

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-brezza.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-b.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-c.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-d.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-e.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 18:29   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
For all those saying that Maruti is losing market share due to chip shortage, it is the same for most other manufacturers. As per news report, 1.35 lakh vehicle orders are still pending for Hyundai.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/hyun...ortage-3090167
Incidentally Suzuki and Hyundai are both losing market share. But in case of Suzuki, one piece of data is openly available in public domain that supports semiconductor impact, the record exports figures and sales to OEM. If we the bring the figures down to past levels, the market share figure changes quite a bit.

Since I belong to one of the suppliers servicing Japanese OEMs heavily, I can tell you, the requirement of export variant electronics (for the African and ASEAN markets) is actually not semi conductor heavy, i.e. hunger for electronics heavy features is lesser.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks