Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 13:03   #136
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

I am given to understand that one variant with ex-showroom 32+ lacs and 4-5 lacs more for the Allspace 7 seater. Both fully loaded probably.
Old 2nd October 2021, 13:09   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
I am given to understand that one variant with ex-showroom 32+ lacs and 4-5 lacs more for the Allspace 7 seater. Both fully loaded probably.
At this exshowroom price it is officially dead even before it hits showroom floors. There will be very few takers. A CKD petrol 5 seater cost north of 30Lakhs is not a good value proposition.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 2nd October 2021 at 13:28.
Old 2nd October 2021, 14:00   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
A CKD petrol 5 seater cost north of 30Lakhs is not a good value proposition.
That used to be the case, but up North, the 10 year diesel rule is forcing people to go for the petrol guzzlers to hedge resale.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:12   #139
R_R
BHPian

I thought the 10 year rule for diesels have been superseded by the new Central policy (scrappage?). Also, if the 5-seater is 32L ex-showroom, and Allspace is 36-37L ex-showroom, I am not sure they'll sell many. And of course, they'll give the price advantage to Skoda Kodiaq, which should also be coming out soon. I just hope Skoda also brings in a 5-seat Kodiaq, for competition.
Old 9th October 2021, 09:29   #140
BHPian

I am looking to replace my 10 year old ALTIS CVT and have short listed Compass Diesel S AT. I have also been closely watching Tiguan. I visited the KUN VW showroom in Chennai yesterday and had a detailed discussion with the Sr.Sales Manager. He was confident that the launch is on October 23 and the Ex-showroom price would be less than 30 lakhs. He also said that only the top variant will be available. He even said that the VW Taigun was priced lower than the Rumoured price and they expect the similar pricing for Tiguan too.
My apprehensions now are:
1. The Ride quality (hopefully they should have addressed this being a CKD) and
2. Mileage (this being an SUV and not a Sedan) as I am looking for a good fuel tank range so that I need not worry about finding an IOC bunk having XP95.
CArspeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 07:12   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I thought the 10 year rule for diesels have been superseded by the new Central policy (scrappage?). Also, if the 5-seater is 32L ex-showroom, and Allspace is 36-37L ex-showroom, I am not sure they'll sell many. And of course, they'll give the price advantage to Skoda Kodiaq, which should also be coming out soon. I just hope Skoda also brings in a 5-seat Kodiaq, for competition.
Hi, Could you tell me more about the scrappage policy and how it supersedes the 10 year rule? It's definitely going to affect my next car purchase
Old 11th October 2021, 12:40   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
I am looking to replace my 10 year old ALTIS CVT and have short listed Compass Diesel S AT. I have also been closely watching Tiguan.
1. The Ride quality (hopefully they should have addressed this being a CKD)
Infact, it being a CKD, the ride quality may actually not witness a great change since there would hardly be any "tuning" to the kits once they get re-assembled here in India.

Quote:
2. Mileage (this being an SUV and not a Sedan) as I am looking for a good fuel tank range so that I need not worry about finding an IOC bunk having XP95.
The facelifted Tiguan's fuel tank capacity should be the same as the previous gen i.e. 70+ liters, which is a good 20-25% more than your Altis.
As for the fuel efficiency, people on the forum have quoted high single digit km/l numbers for city usage and lower double digit km/l numbers on the highway for the existing gen Tiguan/Allspace.

If you compare this to the Diesel Compass (your other shortlist), then the Tiguan will obviously fall short.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:26   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace my 10 year old ALTIS CVT and have short listed Compass Diesel S AT. I have also been closely watching Tiguan. I visited the KUN VW showroom in Chennai yesterday and had a detailed discussion with the Sr.Sales Manager. He was confident that the launch is on October 23 and the Ex-showroom price would be less than 30 lakhs. He also said that only the top variant will be available. He even said that the VW Taigun was priced lower than the Rumoured price and they expect the similar pricing for Tiguan too.
1. The Ride quality (hopefully they should have addressed this being a CKD) and
I wouldn't expect an ex-showroom price of much below 30L, unless they're going in for 29.99L
Reason for this is that even at launch the top end 2.0TDi Tiguan was 3x.xxL ex-showroom, and today all competitors prices have increased : such as X1, Compass, etc.
That being said, unless VW has learnt about stock allocation, there will be heavy discounts as has been the case for the 2.0TDi, the 2.0 TSi All Space, so if you aren't in a rush it maybe better to push till December end / January.

Ride quality will be firm : ours is 2.0TDi CKD 5 seater and it is on the stiffer side over bumps, and no where as comfortable as the Compass. However, it is a full size larger than the Compass and IMO better value as well.
Old 11th October 2021, 14:36   #144
BHPian

Quote:
He was confident that the launch is on October 23
Launch will be at the end of November. This is confirmed from Ashsih Gupta in one of the interviews.

Secondly folks at this showroom seem to be least informed. Incase of a impending launch on 23rd October isn't volkswagen marketing will be on campaign mode for the launch of flagship product?

Ride quality might not be significant difference. Skoda is playing to audience on fun and energetic blah blah. How can this be achieved with a soft suspension? Skoda and VW role reversal will be another good pointer. Karoq had slightly softer suspension compared to TROC.
Old 11th October 2021, 14:54   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

Ride quality will be firm : ours is 2.0TDi CKD 5 seater and it is on the stiffer side over bumps, and no where as comfortable as the Compass. However, it is a full size larger than the Compass and IMO better value as well.
I think the 5 seater is more or less the same dimensions as the Compass (4400 mm bracket).
The All space is bigger ofcourse.
Old 11th October 2021, 15:11   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I think the 5 seater is more or less the same dimensions as the Compass (4400 mm bracket).
The All space is bigger ofcourse.
Exterior dimensions yes, but interiors are much more spacious.
Old 11th October 2021, 22:28   #147
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hi, Could you tell me more about the scrappage policy and how it supersedes the 10 year rule? It's definitely going to affect my next car purchase
That was more of a question; I don't really know, I was hoping someone here would know. There does seem to be a lot of doubts & uncertainty regarding this. I also need a new vehicle in the next year, so I am keen on finding out too. In any case, as for myself, I am planning to go in for a petrol, or some petrol/hybrid, depending on what is available by next summer or so (I may wait if some new vehicle I am interested in is thought to be released later in 2022 too). Indian govt may decide at some point that diesel is a no-no and I don't want to stuck with one, especially since I plan to keep the car for at least ten years. is right!!
Old 15th October 2021, 19:42   #148
BHPian

Got to know from the VW showroom that the Tiguan is coming next month. Based on what the Sales person said seemed to be a month away. Also price wise he said 35-38lakhs otr mumbai. This for the 5 seater and all space. As I am interested in the 5 seater, I pushed him a bit more on the price to which he essentially said 30 31 exS
Old 15th October 2021, 21:24   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Also price wise he said 35-38lakhs otr mumbai. This for the 5 seater and all space. As I am interested in the 5 seater, I pushed him a bit more on the price to which he essentially said 30 31 exS
Sorry did I get that right? You mean All Space also? For 38L? How does the All Space work out THAT much cheaper than the Kodiaq (which is likely to retail closer 43L or thereabouts)?

Thank you.
Old 15th October 2021, 21:27   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry did I get that right? You mean All Space also? For 38L? How does the All Space work out THAT much cheaper than the Kodiaq (which is likely to retail closer 43L or thereabouts)?

Thank you.
Ya same thoughts. Though he wasn't being very clear on this. When I probed on the onroad for the 5 seater he said 35 36, which makes allspace at 38 not right. But possibly =<40
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks