Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 15:24   #151
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Guys, I have a doubt. I hope that VW does not do what Hyundai did to the Tucson in India. There is a new video of VW Tiguan 2022 released on the You Tube for the US market. Though, the difference between the older and 2022 model is not as striking as the Tucson, the 2022 Tiguan looks really updated and has some tastefully done interiors, new DRLS and some good music system. The pictures in the website dont look like this one, but I am confused. Hope VW launches the 2022 Tiguan in India which will surely compensate for the delay in launch

Last edited by Lalitha Venkat : 20th October 2021 at 15:34.
Old 20th October 2021, 15:49   #152
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Guys, I have a doubt. I hope that VW does not do what Hyundai did to the Tucson in India. There is a new video of VW Tiguan 2022 released on the You Tube for the US market.
As I understand it, the US VW Tiguan is slightly different, in that both 5-seater and 7-seater have the same body frame, so 5-seater actually gets a much larger boot. India (and other countries) get a shorter 5-seater, and a separate, longer 7-seater Allspace. Other than that, they are the same. Also, the video shows the SE-R Line trim, which is unlikely to come to India, but the rest of it appears to be the same upgrade that'll be offered in India as in the US and elsewhere. VW India has had it on their website for several months now, check it out here: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/new-tiguan.html

So, except for these differences (5-seater vs. 7-seater, R-Line etc), it should be the same as the global updated version. I read some rumours that they'll introduce the 7-seater Allspace later, early next year. But they are supposed to bring in the 5-seater in late November. By early 2022, of course, its twin, the Kodiaq, should also be here.
R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:34   #153
BHPian

Well, we are now in Nov 21, and Tiguan is still not launched nor there is any update. Tiguan will make a record of being on the official website with the soon launching tagline for the longest time. Long waiting members now might move to Kodiak as there are regular updates on the car launch and the cars are getting shipped to dealers (Source https://www.motorbeam.com/2022-skoda...ches-commence/ )
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 19:00   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Well, we are now in Nov 21, and Tiguan is still not launched nor there is any update. Tiguan will make a record of being on the official website with the soon launching tagline for the longest time. Long waiting members now might move to Kodiak as there are regular updates on the car launch and the cars are getting shipped to dealers (Source https://www.motorbeam.com/2022-skoda...ches-commence/ )
Ya have to agree. Been waiting for the tiguan now for almost the entire year in order to get clarity and make decisions. But there seems to be nothing. Though I believe second half of nov is when there could be anything (based on what the VW sales guy talked about the launch) But to be taken with a pinch of salt considering all the earlier delays
Old 3rd November 2021, 20:51   #155
BHPian

For what it is worth, My VW dealer called me last week and told me that the car is going to be launched in the next couple of weeks with an OTR of 41 lacs in Chennai.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 22:34   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
For what it is worth, My VW dealer called me last week and told me that the car is going to be launched in the next couple of weeks with an OTR of 41 lacs in Chennai.
Do you mean for the 5 seater or the Allspace?
Old 3rd November 2021, 22:52   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
It will be 5 seater version facelift version not Tiguan AllSpace. Most likely AllSpace if continued will launch post Kodiaq launch in Jan-22.

This was my 1st preference for upgrade but given the long wait (eternity now) and no clarity on launch I moved on to bite bullet with different vehicle. For those who waited so far i would say wait a little more longer for Skoda Kodiaq launch and then take a call accordingly.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 3rd November 2021 at 22:56.
Old 4th November 2021, 07:38   #158
BHPian

I don’t know how much it has impacted the Tiguan’s launch, but the fact that VW have launched the Taigun with such a similar sounding name ( which is a volume product) , they have put themselves in a bind as they would definitely confuse most customers by launching the Tiguan so close to the Taigun’s launch. I have also been waiting for Tiguan, but Kodiaq really is not a comparable product as it’s a 7 seater and the ease of driving a 5 seater is what makes the Tiguan so enticing. And of course it’s a great highway car as well.
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 14:18   #159
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Rs. 41L is more likely for Allspace, though that is likely to be launched much later, because that will be comparable to the Kodiaq pricing. Both are, of course, 7-seaters, and siblings, based on the same basic model. The Tiguan 5-seater is likely to be around 30-32L, give-or-take, OTR, I should think. Anything above that, for a 5-seater, will bring it in Kodiaq 7-seater territory, which will make no sense.
Old 4th November 2021, 14:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Rs. 41L is more likely for Allspace, though that is likely to be launched much later, because that will be comparable to the Kodiaq pricing. Both are, of course, 7-seaters, and siblings, based on the same basic model. The Tiguan 5-seater is likely to be around 30-32L, give-or-take, OTR, I should think. Anything above that, for a 5-seater, will bring it in Kodiaq 7-seater territory, which will make no sense.
At 32otr for the 5 seater, take my money
Though I feel it'll be closer to 35 36 depending on the state while the allspace could be early 40s
Old 4th November 2021, 14:24   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Wow, 41 is steep, would probably look at Jeep Compass 4X4 diesel at that price, and still end up saving money.
Old 4th November 2021, 16:01   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
I don’t know how much it has impacted the Tiguan’s launch, but the fact that VW have launched the Taigun with such a similar sounding name ( which is a volume product) , they have put themselves in a bind as they would definitely confuse most customers by launching the Tiguan so close to the Taigun’s launch. I have also been waiting for Tiguan, but Kodiaq really is not a comparable product as it’s a 7 seater and the ease of driving a 5 seater is what makes the Tiguan so enticing. And of course, it’s a great highway car as well.
Kodiak is 19 cm longer by Tiguan but 360 camera in Kodiak ( missing in Tiguan even as an option) should help in tight parking spots, during city drive. The real difference will be in terms of features, ride comfort due to suspension setup, and obviously price. Kodiak L & K may be 5-6 lkh more than top spec tiguan.
Old 8th November 2021, 11:42   #163
BHPian

All the dealers in Hyderabad are confident that Tiguan will not be coming in this year. It is only in 2022. Does anyone has accurate information on the launch?
Old 8th November 2021, 13:22   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
All the dealers in Hyderabad are confident that Tiguan will not be coming in this year. It is only in 2022. Does anyone has accurate information on the launch?
A month back sentiment was different. Brand manager of a dealership at Hyderabad was very confident of the launch this November end. Even Ashish Gupta gave a similar statement in interview.

What changed? Could be sweet taste of success for Taigun and compounding chip shortage issues.

Never made any sense to launch a product at fag end of the year. Vehicle will depreciate in a months time unless VW want to just do a soft launch pat their backs and sell minuscule numbers. Still could be the case, it's wait and watch.

Was kind of expecting inordinate delay and went ahead with different product. Have waited for this from May-21 onwards. If VW can't launch one there are other products to choose in market.
Old 8th November 2021, 15:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
A month back sentiment was different. Brand manager of a dealership at Hyderabad was very confident of the launch this November end. Even Ashish Gupta gave a similar statement in interview.
Was kind of expecting inordinate delay and went ahead with different product. Have waited for this from May-21 onwards. If VW can't launch one there are other products to choose in market.
Even if they launch and start bookings in November, the deliveries will be done only early January. The RC registration will be in January. The VIN details will have 2021 month of manufacture. My doubt is will the value depreciate based on VIN or the potential second buyer will apply depreciation based on RC date. I asked the Chennai dealer and he told me that vehicle would only come post January even if they start booking/ TDs from Diwali. They have not received any official communication from VW on launch and hence no flyers etc. have been given for printing which is a dealer specific activity. He said based on website details there have been enquiries but they have no information what so ever on expected px, colors and availability of TD car
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks