Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 17:54   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Saw a maroon Logan in Whitefield yesterday. This was my second Logan sighting in Bangalore after a black one 2 months back in JP Nagar. I personally find the Logan decent looking. Not a stunner by any means and not an eyesore also. Its plain, but I think it will look good with some nice graphics.
i agree. the logan has a decent and well behaved look. the interiors are fine too. i havent sat in it yet so i cant comment on quality. as for the engine, i read in the BSM mag that this vehicle has adequate power. for the average commuter and mileage figures are good too.

and another thing is that it is actually bigger when you see in in person.

i feel it will run well in the market. this is if after sales and service reputation is good.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:53   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post

and another thing is that it is actually bigger when you see in in person.
Right abt that. It looks BIG when seen closely. I had a Logan in front of me yday, and at first I couldnt place it - initially thought it was the SX4 - thats how huge it looked.
Old 30th June 2007, 22:10   #468
BHPian

Read in a site that mahindra has licensed only 50000 logans from renault. after that they have to renew the royalty for each logan they sell here if they want to continue the same model. So is it actually safe to buy logan. What if mahindra purchase a new model from renault instead of logan.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:19   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Read in a site that mahindra has licensed only 50000 logans from renault. after that they have to renew the royalty for each logan they sell here if they want to continue the same model. So is it actually safe to buy logan. What if mahindra purchase a new model from renault instead of logan.
New model?

Mahindra has invested in Logan's release in India. So, i dont think they would back out so soon.

Also, dont think renault has another model 'like' the logan.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:45   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Even I felt a little uncomfortable with the wiper switch being on the Rh side. If by chance the car stalls you need to switch off the ignition key completely before you crank again, unlike in other cars where one can crank from the same position of the key. While doing so there are chances that your hand would hit and activate the wiper switch and we all know what happens when the wiper move on dry dusty wind screen. Krrriitchhhhhhhhhhhhh......

God bless.
That is an unbelivebly cautious statement.
It is similar to saying while unlcoking your car you shouldn't wear belt on your pants as if you are pushed towards car it might make a scratch on the paint.
Completely over-cautious.

There have been plenty of cars which have "so-called" opposite switches for wipers and indicators. Why is it such a big deal? It is just a simple matter of getting used to.

For the record I drive both types of cars with so called "correct" and "opposite" arrangement of wipers/indicators and never have had any issues with it.
Initally it took me couple of times to get used to but it isn't a big deal.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:52   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...wiper switch being on the Rh side. If by chance the car stalls you need to switch off the ignition key completely before you crank again, unlike in other cars where one can crank from the same position of the key
The Ford Ikon is also like this. That didnt stop it from becoming a success
Old 30th June 2007, 23:57   #472
Team-BHP Support

The Optra also has them on the wrong sides so did all the Opel's sold.
Old 1st July 2007, 04:26   #473
BANNED

What is this bloom all of a sudden about?
Don't tell me it's about Logans being sold like hot cakes!
Old 1st July 2007, 04:30   #474
Senior - BHPian

Man, I saw the car again today. It looks so dated, it's like something out of a Retro Week.
Old 1st July 2007, 09:27   #475
BHPian

Saw 1 in mangalore yesterday looks ok from close up but from a distance looks really outdated (thinks the Diesel model would do well in the taxi segment if they reduce the price by 50 to 75 thousand)
Old 1st July 2007, 09:38   #476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
What is this bloom all of a sudden about?
Don't tell me it's about Logans being sold like hot cakes!
Well, people are still buying prehistoric Ambassadors, Sumos, Esteems and M800s out there. Why should the Logan not sell? Besides, the car is certainly not as bad or as bad looking as people make it out to be. Ofcourse, it looks dated, but, not bad.
Old 1st July 2007, 10:11   #477

You feel sick sitting in logan with its plasticky interiors. spark and sx4 definitely latest and good value for money.
Old 1st July 2007, 11:22   #478
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the interiors are that bad either. I have sat in the car for a considerable amount of time and didnot feel sick once.

Drifter
Old 1st July 2007, 16:29   #479
Senior - BHPian

I too felt logan has good quality material, only issue is it lacks few things which we are used to them in other cars. Logan looks not so good package because positioning of variants not done cleverly.

Now they are telling they have mid variants and things will be better than before now. Today saw this in NDTV as well. logan mid variants introduced. May be Logan's website should give all these detailed information.

I also heard Logan is all set to become segment leader in sales very soon.

If they reduce the cost by 20,000/- i am sure it will.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:51   #480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
That is an unbelivebly cautious statement.

It is just a simple matter of getting used to.
I agree with Adya here. All it takes is some time before you get accustomed to it, and there is no need to blow the issue out of proportion.

Also, i have never turned on the wipers by 'mistake' during the event of starting the car.

Another update, i spotted another 2 more in Bangalore. My count is now 6, and its not all that rare these days. I guess i am beginning to get used to the boxy looks it has. Dont find it as repulsive as i initially felt.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd July 2007 at 16:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks