Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 16:06   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This car looks from the past, but has some "decent" road presence. Ideal car for the 80's movies for the car chases. Imagine this:

OT: Bhai, tum iss paper pe sign karte ho ki nahin...naaaiiii...

Aaj mere paas bangla hai, bank balance hai....tumhare paas kya hai...

Mere paas "Logan" hai!
That was hillarious

The Logans would also be the most wanted cars in the Bollywood car chases
Old 16th June 2007, 03:46   #362
Senior - BHPian

Baig is full of youknowwhat. I've read quite a bit of his stuff, and he's either heavily drugged or heavily paid to write certain things. And his research is pretty atrocious.
Old 16th June 2007, 07:16   #363
SuperSyn

Quote:
Mahindra’s low cost - high volume manufacturing base
What on earth is he talking about? Since when have Mahindra had a high volume manufacturing base?!

Painfully obvious that lifafas have been delivered. At least this fellow is transparent in his writings, unlike some more spohisticated journalists, who are just as adept at selling out, but do it subtly.

We see lot of corruption in the legislative and the executive. Nepotism in judiciary goes unreported.

But who will expose the corruption in media personalities/journalists?

Moderator's note: Refrain from getting abusive towards others. Post in a dignified and forum-compliant manner.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th June 2007 at 08:55.

Old 16th June 2007, 08:14   #364
Team-BHP Support

Magazines - a collection of advertisements with some paid articles thrown in. No one has started the trick of pre-registering cars to make up sales and selling them off at a big discount as yet
Old 17th June 2007, 11:40   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Baig is full of youknowwhat. I've read quite a bit of his stuff, and he's either heavily drugged or heavily paid to write certain things. And his research is pretty atrocious.
and we have a full running thread, which was based on his analysis of Indian automotive sales
Old 17th June 2007, 13:42   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
What on earth is he talking about? Since when have Mahindra had a high volume manufacturing base?!

Painfully obvious that lifafas have been delivered. At least this fellow is transparent in his writings, unlike some more spohisticated journalists, who are just as adept at selling out, but do it subtly.

We see lot of corruption in the legislative and the executive. Nepotism in judiciary goes unreported.

But who will expose the corruption in media personalities/journalists?
He is obviously referring to the mahindra high volume base which mostly includes tractors and utility vehicles.
Obviously the basics would remain the same but its the small differences that make all the difference

Last edited by Aditya : 17th June 2007 at 14:13.
Old 17th June 2007, 14:04   #367
Senior - BHPian

Today,I saw 2 registered Logans for the first time.
Wow,Mahindra! *sarcastic*
Old 17th June 2007, 15:28   #368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
yippee.. finally I saw a Logan on the road..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Today,I saw 2 registered Logans for the first time.
Wow,Mahindra! *sarcastic*
Mera number kab aayegaa?

I havent seen one yet!
Old 17th June 2007, 16:38   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
and we have a full running thread, which was based on his analysis of Indian automotive sales
Nope. Its based on stats provided on his site, not on his analysis.

I really do wish we get access to industry stats directly.
Old 17th June 2007, 22:07   #370
BHPian

I read somewhere that Mahindra did not release Logan in White because they did not want to be associated with taxi's!

Maybe they they should rethink this strategy, i opine(after looking at the car) that it fit the image(Taxi) better than all other's put together! All said and done it is a sound product.
Old 18th June 2007, 09:25   #371
BHPian

I hired a ford fiesta, yesterday in chennai to make some personal visits and the cabbie had this to say.

Sir, Lagan (yes You read it right, he said Lagan) is good sir, the external and internal look so horrible but i think the price is for the engine Sir. It is too good to drive.
I had to pick up someone when I saw a Lagan in their house, the gentleman was not happy seeing a Ford fiesta at his home and said its not good at all and every time it goes to a service centre, it burns him atleast 6k cash. He asked me to drive the lagan though it was still not having a number plate (he was waiting for a fancy number it seems) and i liked the pickup very much sir, its very fast and has a good suspension, driving over speed breakers seemed no issue at all and no vibrations felt at all. Sir, if the Lagan came in white, my owner wants to order some for our business.

Going by his comments, I am sure it will be a definite hit among taxis if Mahindra could come with a white color Logan. He also added that though its pricey, it could make Indigo taxi market slump.
Old 18th June 2007, 09:41   #372
BHPian

Have started to see a lot of them now on Delhi roads, seems like the sales are picking up( or old booking getting delievered ). The car really looks ages old and the black LOGAN appears as if someone had applied KIWI SHOE POLISH on a white car.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:30   #373
Senior - BHPian

The first impression that I had of the logan was "why the hell are there two rods for one wiper?" complete waste. The Civic's wiper design is the best as it clears out the water completly, and logans gone the other way, with two rods...dang! The tacky plastic, and the powerless engine made you wonder, why would you spend 6L on this? And to top it off, M&M's fixation with women and helicopters is getting a tad boring. The scorpio and now logan. Why do they feel expensive ads will get them good sales?
Old 18th June 2007, 10:33   #374
Senior - BHPian

The taxi strategy is old. They did the same thing for the scorpio, they initially did not release white. While the base pearl white for the innova was a hit amongst taxi operators.
I guess that successfully cut of a lot of non-taxi operators who wanted large diesel vehicles, and that would have pushed them to pick up either the SAfari or an Innova (both available in white) and the Safari is not a "taxi" vehicle. wonder why!
Old 18th June 2007, 10:37   #375
BHPian

seen two of them in my office campus -- beige gold and black -- but it surely looks dated having been parked next to a Swift and a Civic ( i know none of them belong to the same category -- but i own an Indigo and I was not impressed on seeing the Lagan -- oops Logan ;-) )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks