Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:39   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh

2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno gets 25,000 + bookings before today's launch.

Expect the bookings to go up at the current prices. Deliveries begin today!

Link

The "New Age Baleno" will also offer child seat anchorages and rear parking sensors in a long list of updated safety features.

The 6 airbags are available in Zeta and Alpha variants only, while the dual airbags come standard across variants under the Nexa safety shield.

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-1.jpg

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  88.3 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd February 2022 at 17:05.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:42   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
If parking space is not a constraint, would someone not buy a Kia Carens at 8.99 ex showroom , especially a first car buyer or someone moving on from an Alto ? Also I think the subscription of 13999 may be for a period of 48 months.
Depends, for eg I would never buy a Carens, Ertiga etc. as I hate the looks and would not want to drive around in a van, even if the starting price is couple of lakhs lesser than the actual price. I would rather be more happy to drive a Baleno.
Also someone looking at an upgrade from Alto might also look for agility, easy to drive, fuel efficiency etc. which Baleno will definitely give more than Carens. Also Maruti still has more reach in that segment.

On another note, though most of us won’t like, but it is a smart move from Maruti to shift to AMT. For most of the buyers it’s just automatic, there is no difference between AMT or CVT. And Maruti managed to price the top end AMT lesser too. I am sure this is going to clock 20k units per month.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:05   #378
BHPian

It looks like MSIL worked everything that was wrong/missing in current age premium hatchback & threw them all in facelifted Baleno. I wonder if they used Team bhp official review thread & the wish list of bhpian owners as a reference material while designing it .

I am guessing that a lot of these features will only be available on top variant Alpha & Zeta only but the way these variants are priced with these feature is amazing. Pricing of every variant is a surprise move by MSIL and it will certainly bring back the market share Baleno lost to Altroz last year.

Now Tata should be under pressure to atleast annouce the automatic variant of Altroz soon else they will certainly loose customers.

Still if MSIL stick to its policy of not testing its car on GNCAP, safety conscious buyer like me will still give Baleno a miss and choose either Jazz CVT or wait for Altroz AT.
Strider24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:50   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Joshi View Post
But replacing butter smooth CVT in old car with AMT in new one is a step backwards. Especially when Maruti is selling Baleno as premium car. New CVT or latest 6 speed TC unit with 100 to 110 bhp would have been nice to own.
Suzuki's AMTs are actually pretty good, much better than most AMTs in the market. With each generation, Suzuki massively improves the AMTs.

I had an opportunity to test-drive the Ignis AMT a few months back and it was a pleasant surprise for me because I had always expected AMTs to be crappy. The head-nod was very faint and that too only while shifting from first to second gear. Post that, it disappeared. The difference of Rs 50000 for the AMT in Baleno is significanly cheaper than the CVT which cost over a lakh more for the outgoing model.

And, if they have implemented it properly, I would personally not have a problem at all as long as it works well. Another advantage it has is in the form of significantly lower maintenance costs.
nd26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:06   #380
BANNED

Some people doesn't want to grow from cry baby state when it comes to Maruti - that no CVT, why only AMT, no UV-cut glass, no Turbo mill, no Diesel, no 6-speed gear box, not significantly different from old model in looks... But what the new Baleno offers is something significant over the old one, and over the competition.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd February 2022 at 18:26.
romeomidhun is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:26   #381
BHPian

Just checked Nexa website still showing 360 for old Baleno.
Exterior is of Old Baleno, interior of New Baleno.

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-baleno-ext.png
ank_bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:45   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno gets 25,000 + bookings before today's launch.

Expect the bookings to go up at the current prices. Deliveries begin today!
Good on Maruti to reveal, launch, announce prices and start deliveries on the same day! Other manufacturers having reveal, launch and price announcement spread over many months should take note.
StarrySky is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:49   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Some people doesn't want to grow from cry baby state when it comes to Maruti.
Totally agreed. I have no brand affection and generally refrain from saying negative but today I have read multiple comments on WhatsApp with a general tone of “Rs12 lacs on road for Baleno lol”.

Nothing comes free. The price you pay is for the service support coupled with the following additions:
Additional airbags, 360 camera, better steel body than previous version, bigger screen, HUD etc. The price increments are justified.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:02   #384
BHPian

Wishful thinking, what if Maruti reserves CVT for Glanza at a slightly higher price point? This will not happen, but what if?
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:06   #385
BHPian

The important question right now would be "How much is the waiting period". Unfortunately so many people in my circle are deciding their next car basis when can they get it.
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:07   #386

Wondering if that HUD will be useful in our roads. Days are too bright and in night-time everyone drives with headlamps on high beams permanently.
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:16   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Some people doesn't want to grow from cry baby state when it comes to Maruti
Exactly! Some people on the internet just start nitpicking in order to criticize the smallest issues in Maruti cars! While this was acceptable for the 4-speed AT as it is not everyone's cup of tea (it is definitely not as bad as it is potrayed to be!), I am baffled to see people criticizing the Baleno too despite the fact that it offers a LOT which the competition doesn't!

Firstly the hue and cry about the CVT being replaced with AMT, I bet the ones crying for this would've cried about the price if MS retained the CVT and the price crossed 10 lakhs ex-showroom! Also, it isn't like the CVT was great either so I do not see a reason to miss it! The AMT at least has good reviews.

To the ones crying about no diesel or turbo petrol, kindly show me the market for a diesel hatchback! Heck 95% of Altroz hatchbacks on roads are petrol and in this case I do not see a reason why Maruti should be offering a diesel!

For the turbo petrol, the Swift Dualjet is already quicker than the i20 Turbo and Altroz iTurbo. And with that, why should Maruti bother itself prepping a quicker motor that is just going to increase long term maintenance costs when the products don't really need it?
IMO, brands should either go full guns and offer either significant cosmetic or mechanical upgrades with turbo petrols like the N-Line, RS and Abarth, or not offer them at all! Turbo petrols make sense only in SUVs like the Magnite, Venue, Nexon etc which cannot match N/A engines of rivals with the N/A petrol motors offered by their makers!

And then there are some who start claiming that the build is poor even though no one has experienced the car till date!

Also, recently saw some people on Instagram commenting that the Altroz is more VFM than this..... and I'm like atleast see the variant wise features list dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
The important question right now would be "How much is the waiting period". Unfortunately so many people in my circle are deciding their next car basis when can they get it.
Since Maruti is used to selling cars with extraordinary demand, I do not think they will take much time to deliver the cars! Waiting would be 3-4 months at max. Right now only Ertiga has a long waiting time at Maruti with time exceeding 7-8 months!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th February 2022 at 07:19. Reason: Toned down
theAutomaniac is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:32   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Some people doesn't want to grow from cry baby state when it comes to Maruti - that no CVT, why only AMT
I completely echo these sentiments. I totally understand that people on this forum are far more knowledgeable than the general consumer out there, the same people need to understand that the average person doesn't care if it is CVT or AMT or TC. All they want is "Automatic" and should give good mileage too and yes bells and whistles and this car fulfills all those criteria I believe.

Last edited by raksrules : 23rd February 2022 at 19:38.
raksrules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:46   #389
BHPian

I recently had my Baleno's PMS service done. The bill came out to be 8.5k(no unnecessary stuff, and engine oil was procured from outside). Trust me when I say this, however enticing or VFM their launch prices might seem, their service costs are anything but. I bet I could get an Endeavour or a Fortuner serviced for less.

Regarding the CVT vs AMT discourse, mine's a CVT and I am very happy with the tranny. It's butter smooth, no jerking or anything and perfectly well suited for city usage. It might be rubber band effect's poster child, but other CVTs in the market aren't that far ahead. Why the hate for CVTs is beyond me, they are really good at what they are meant for, a smooth driving experience. I follow a simple rule with the gas pedal: Use it, don't abuse it; and the CVT will keep you happy.

Really impressed with Maruti focus on Safety this time around, felt beholden to TATA for all their taunts , I hope it performs better in crash tests too else the mocking won't stop.
MotoBlip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 20:05   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how a launch should be. Unveil, Price Reveal and Deliveries on the same day and media drive to follow

Hope other manufacturer's use this template and follow the leader!

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-0.jpg

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-2.jpg

Deliveries begins!

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-2022marutibalenodeliverystartsfirstbatch.jpg

2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd February 2022 at 20:14.
volkman10 is offline   (46) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks