Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 07:33   #181
jsl
BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year

I had doubt. Is it my car or it’s normal AMT behaviour that when I drive my car for the first time in the morning the car holds the 1st gear a lot longer than normally. Normally it would hold the first gear till max 1700-2000 rpm but when driving it for first time in morning it holds the gear for 3k-3.5k rpm. Same thing happens for the 2nd gear also. Also sometimes when driving the car gives a jerk and bogs down when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear like it loses all its power for a second and then the gear changes with a huge jerk and after that it drives normally. Is it normal or concerning behaviour. Should I take my car to SC? Everyone’s thoughts would be really helpful.
Thanks!
jsl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:41   #182
BHPian

Hi all, can the Glanza owners please let me know what mileage are you getting from your cars in the city.

I am looking to buy a car for my wife, primary usage will be back and forth between home and office. Will be driven by the driver so back seat comfort is key. Am looking at the Glanza G AMT variant and the Honda Amaze VX CVT.

Thanks in advance for your help
rag_nfs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:51   #183
BHPian

Don't own the Glanza, but Baleno AMT. You can expect 13-14 minimum. Circa April, Glanza AMT had 6+ months waiting time here at Bangalore. So please consider Baleno as well.
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 10:36   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonmi-451 View Post
I own a Baleno Zeta CNG, It has been for months and have driven close to 7,000 kms. Here are my observations about the Baleno.

What was the waiting period of your car. I have booked this cat in zeta
Old 10th June 2023, 22:28   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by carreragt6 View Post
What was the waiting period of your car. I have booked this cat in zeta
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I booked the car when it was launched and had contacts in Varun Nexa so I got it within a week of booking it. From what I noticed later there is not much demand for the baleno cng. So I don’t think waiting period will be too high unless Maruthi is not manufacturing it much.
sonmi-451 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 10:31   #186

Quote:
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I booked the car when it was launched and had contacts in Varun Nexa so I got it within a week of booking it. From what I noticed later there is not much demand for the baleno cng. So I don’t think waiting period will be too high unless Maruthi is not manufacturing it much.

Agreed. My white baleno cng just left the factory 10 days after booking. Another quick query. Did you get any add on manual for cng detailing extra maintenence steps
carreragt6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 17:06   #187
jsl
BHPian

I have just updated my Toyota I Connect App and got this new start button on the homepage on the app. Anybody knows what it does as pressing and holding it for second it shows the following error:
Remote command invocation(Spec-B) failed
Any help will be really appreciated. Posting screenshots below. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year-img_6647.png  

Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year-img_6646.png  

Old 16th June 2023, 19:08   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl View Post
I had doubt. Is it my car or it’s normal AMT behaviour that when I drive my car for the first time in the morning the car holds the 1st gear a lot longer than normally. Normally it would hold the first gear till max 1700-2000 rpm but when driving it for first time in morning it holds the gear for 3k-3.5k rpm. Same thing happens for the 2nd gear also. Also sometimes when driving the car gives a jerk and bogs down when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear like it loses all its power for a second and then the gear changes with a huge jerk and after that it drives normally. Is it normal or concerning behaviour. Should I take my car to SC? Everyone’s thoughts would be really helpful.
Thanks!
Sorry for an extremely delayed response. By now hopefully you would have got the answers to your question.

I have been through two AMT cars and both had the same behaviour as you have experienced.
In cold condition, the first and second gears hold a little longer than my comfort zone. However, after the initial few minutes, things go back to normal.
I usually start the car and wait for about a minute before switching to D mode. That has been helpful in my case to shift gears sooner at the first drive of the day.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:01   #189
jsl
BHPian

A very strange thing happened today morning:
It was around 9 am I started my 2022 Toyota Glanza G AMT and left it to idle until the rpm was below 1k rpm and then switched on the AC put the car in D and as soon as I lift my foot from the brake pedal the car abruptly move forward like I was launching it(the wheels spin a little) so I put my foot on the brake the car stopped with a massive jerk and it turned off. I was shocked with what had happened. So I waited a few seconds and then turned on the car again didn’t turn on the AC this time put the car again in D and lift my foot from the brake pedal and again the same thing happened and the car again turned off. I was scared as I thought the AMT had gone rouge. This happened again 4-5 times. My father told me to call the RSA and leave this car and take the other car as I had some important work which cannot be missed.
But atlast I tried one more time this time I revved the car a little bit in in Neutral only and then shifted to D and voila the car was working fine again. So I wanted to ask has anyone faced similar problem with their AMT gearbox. And should I take my car to the ASC or wait for tomorrow morning to see if it happens again. I have started to question the reliability of Maruti/Toyota.
Thank You!
Old 24th August 2023, 21:34   #190
BHPian

Quote:
I own a Baleno Zeta CNG, It has been for months and have driven close to 7,000 kms. Here are my observations about the Baleno:
[*]Head lights are decent but I still added Aozoom HID fog lamps. Both combined give excellent illumination but try very hard not to blind oncoming traffic.
Hi sonmi,

I'm looking to install projector fog lights in my Glanza, can you please share more details around your setup.

Did you get Maruti Genuine fog lamp wiring or 3rd party relay to install these fog lamps? Did you install the fog lamp OEM switch for the fogs? Also did you get your projectors connected to high beam? If yes, how was the connection done? Splicing of wires?

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2023, 15:12   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hi sonmi,

I'm looking to install projector fog lights in my Glanza, can you please share more details around your setup.

Did you get Maruti Genuine fog lamp wiring or 3rd party relay to install these fog lamps? Did you install the fog lamp OEM switch for the fogs? Also did you get your projectors connected to high beam? If yes, how was the connection done? Splicing of wires?

Thanks!
Hi Yogiii, sorry for the late reply, not sure if this will be of any use but replying anyway.

I purchased Aozoom FLP 1090 fog lights for my Baleno. Official LED fog lamps may suffice as fog lamps but I wanted something that will improve the illumination. Yes the projector fog lamps were connected to high beams but this meant the wire had to be cut, affecting warranty. The accessories sop guy initially told me he could do it without cutting wire but ended up cutting it anyway.

But the improvement in lighting is substantial after the upgrade. Only issue with these fog lams is, the light is spread across a huge area, especially on high beams. It cost me 16k about 8 months ago in Vijayawada, price might have reduced and there could be better models as well.
Old 15th February 2024, 16:35   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Hi all, can the Glanza owners please let me know what mileage are you getting from your cars in the city.
I am getting a milage of 14.5 to 16Kmpl in Chennai city depending on traffic. Take note sometimes we are stuck in jams for over 40 minutes and keep AC on always at 26 degrees. I think its a pretty decent overall milage. On highways I have achieved 20 to 21kmpl. Owning G MT.

Last edited by s.sriram1989@gm : 15th February 2024 at 16:40. Reason: additional information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks