Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 12:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year

Got an opportunity to check Baleno Sigma variant and was pleasantly suprised by the package. Logically, checked Glanza E variant and found no reason to pick Baleno Sigma variant.
For mere 4000 more Glanza gets below advantages:
1. One year extra warranty
2. Black rims with wheel cover instead of silver rims.
3. Interiors look better, thanks to choice of colors. Baleno though will be easier to maintain.

Looks are anyway subjective but above factors make Glanza E super value.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 11:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Toyota Glanza to get a CNG option soon

Toyota is set to follow the footsteps of its partner Maruti Suzuki and introduce CNG variants of the Glanza. Reports suggest that the launch could be just around the corner.

Toyota Glanza, Urban Cruiser facelift to be launched this year-carblue.png

The Toyota Glanza CNG will be powered by the 1.2-litre DualJet petrol engine, which produces 89 BHP and 113 Nm. However, the peak output is expected to drop when running on CNG. The engine is likely to be paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.

According to reports, the Glanza CNG could be offered in two variants: S and G. The CNG variants could cost around Rs 1 lakh more than their corresponding petrol variants.

Maruti Suzuki is also gearing up to introduce CNG variants of the Baleno. It is likely to be launched prior to the Glanza CNG.

Source: Zigwheels

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th March 2022 at 11:16.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 19:50   #123
BHPian

Looks like Maruti is carpet bombing the CNG space with all its models and squeezing what it can before it makes the entry into the EV arena. That way it learns from its competitors, and has a better sense of market buying patterns across segments.
ksakotai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 15:22   #124

I had booked a top spec V AMT/AGS model in early April. I was promised delivery in 3 weeks and in 2 weeks if I made over a large payment upfront. I fell for it and paid 5L upfront. Niow the dealer is telling that Maruti is not shipping any AGS models and they will share the status after 3rd May for the shipping status for May. Am I being taken for a ride here or the situation is as such. Any idea?

Also a thought for Toyota - why are you spending so much on advertising for Glanza, if you are not able to fulfill the orders!
Old 30th May 2022, 00:09   #125
BHPian

ACI tested the real world fuel efficiency of the Toyota Glanza. Surprisingly, AMT is less fuel efficient than manual transmission by a wide margin in city traffic.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-tested-424595
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:04   #126
BHPian

Have booked the Toyota Glanza for my wife (released the Nexon EV - range anxiety, cost and uncertain wait period). I have been informed that Glanza IGS Alpha has a wait period of 5 months.

Out of curiosity called Nexa, Baner. They said 1 month for Blue Alpha and 2 months for any other colour. Has Maruti manufacured excess or has Toyota been conservative in ordering from Maruti?

Now wife is deliberating which one to go for. Personally I like the look and interior of the Glanza. Not sure what the wife will decide.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:54   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Has Maruti manufactured excess or has Toyota been conservative in ordering from Maruti?
There is some supply chain management by Maruti to Toyota. If you look at Glanza sales, it's been hovering around the same numbers. That could be a possible reason for long waiting periods at Toyota. I guess the same may happen other way round with D22 and YFG.
Old 9th June 2022, 17:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
There is some supply chain management by Maruti to Toyota. If you look at Glanza sales, it's been hovering around the same numbers. That could be a possible reason for long waiting periods at Toyota. I guess the same may happen other way round with D22 and YFG.
Oh ok. Looks like a fixed number of cars have been promised by Maruti to Toyota so not to affect their sales numbers causing wait periods. Given the choice everyone would go to Toyota rather than Maruti considering better warranty, sales and service experience.
Old 9th June 2022, 18:08   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I guess the same may happen other way round with D22 and YFG.
According to some news/rumours I read/heard, Maruti Suzuki will be overlooking and controlling the operations at Toyota’s 2nd Plant (Camry is assembled here) where the YFG and D22 will be built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Given the choice everyone would go to Toyota rather than Maruti considering better warranty, sales and service experience.
There are two ways of seeing this:-

1. Maruti Suzuki has more number of cars on the road, more service centres yet their service centres are always jam packed with cars.

2. Toyota’s service centres are less crowded but then the attention given to Maruti-Suzuki’s products Glanza and Urban Cruiser is always lower (I have heard this from a few Glanza owners) compared to say what would be given to the Innova and Fortuner.

It’s up to you what do you value more, an emptier service centre with lesser attention given or a jam-packed one with better attention given.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th June 2022 at 18:36.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:00   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

2. Toyota’s service centres are less crowded but then the attention given to Maruti-Suzuki’s products Glanza and Urban Cruiser is always lower (I have heard this from a few Glanza owners) compared to say what would be given to the Innova and Fortuner.
Not sure about this. We owned Etios diesel for 6 years and 1.25 lakh kms before switching to Innova touring support 2.8 Diesel AT ( 4.5 years and 63k kms of ownership now ) and have serviced both the cars in multiple dealerships across Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Never faced a discriminatory attitude from any of our service experiences based on how expensive the car is. It has always been the same. The same boring experience of owning a Toyota. Just the regular planned replacements. Rarely anything unplanned.

One thing that will change with Glanza/Brezza is the higher frequency of planned and unplanned replacements. But in terms of service quality, they generally are very professional and process oriented.

Last edited by amalji : 9th June 2022 at 22:04.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:39   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Not sure about this. We owned Etios diesel for 6 years and 1.25 lakh kms before switching to Innova touring support 2.8 Diesel AT ( 4.5 years and 63k kms of ownership now ) and have serviced both the cars in multiple dealerships across Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. It has always been the same. The same boring experience of owning a Toyota. Just the regular planned replacements. Rarely anything unplanned.
Quote:
Never faced a discriminatory attitude from any of our service experiences based on how expensive the car is.
What I meant was, the attention given to a real Toyota car ofcourse Etios included is always up to the mark, but the attention given to a Glanza or Urban Cruiser owner is not up to the same mark as what an Etios, Innova, Fortuner, Corolla, Camry, LC Prado and LC200 would get . SAs usually tend to the Toyota products before tending with the Glanza and Urban Cruiser.

Neither have I faced any discriminatory attitude, usually 80% of the Innovas and Fortuners go to the service station with the chauffeur, including mine. But I decided to head to my preferred service centre just last week, to get an issue checked out and the lovely response I got brought a big smile to my face. The respect an owner gets at a Toyota service centre is something else, nothing is delayed, lightening quick response time by the service advisor and I was out in 5 mins. Had my driver gone with the car, he would’ve not come out from the service centre in less than 20-30 mins.

Example 1: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4955286 (Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh)

Example 2: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5225573 (Super Hornet: Our 2020 Toyota Glanza V MT)

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th June 2022 at 22:48.
Old 18th June 2022, 21:32   #132
BHPian

By the way, Glanza is doing well in South Africa, as the Toyota Starlet. One big change is that they are selling it with the 1.5 litre engine (earlier 1.4), not the 1.2 we get due to govt incentive policies. Market share also just below Polo twins sold there.

Source: https://www.news24.com/wheels/newmod...-park-20220613
Old 18th June 2022, 21:41   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got an opportunity to check Baleno Sigma variant and was pleasantly suprised by the package. Logically, checked Glanza E variant and found no reason to pick Baleno Sigma variant.
For mere 4000 more Glanza gets below advantages:
1. One year extra warranty
2. Black rims with wheel cover instead of silver rims.
3. Interiors look better, thanks to choice of colors. Baleno though will be easier to maintain.

Looks are anyway subjective but above factors make Glanza E super value.
Two more points i noticed and like:

1) Even without front fog lamps, that area doesn't look like it is missing any kit - styling is such. The c-shaped chrome surrounds also don't look too garish, they enhance the looks. This I say, even though i personally don't like overdose of chrome on Indian cars.

2) Tail-lights have a smooth bar LED on the lower part, whereas in the Baleno there are three or four spaced dot LEDs. The bar looks way cooler in my opinion.

Last edited by jessie007 : 18th June 2022 at 21:45. Reason: Info correction
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 21:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Two more points i noticed and like:

1) Even without front fog lamps, that area doesn't look like it is missing any kit - styling is such. The c-shaped chrome surrounds also don't look too garish, they enhance the looks. This I say, even though i personally don't like overdose of chrome on Indian cars.

2) Tail-lights have a smooth bar LED on the lower part, whereas in the Baleno there are three or four spaced dot LEDs. The bar looks way cooler in my opinion.
Another point i noticed while watching a video is that the Glanza has under bonnet cladding, whereas the Baleno doesn't get that - this for the base variant. Higher variants of Baleno get cladding. Since i saw in only one video, this needs to be reconfirmed.

Last edited by jessie007 : 19th June 2022 at 21:34. Reason: Clarification
Old 11th July 2022, 21:47   #135
BHPian

I had a very pleasant test drive yesterday at Nandi Toyota (Hosur Road) in Bangalore of the Glanza V AMT. There was no display vehicle but there were two test drive cars available. Overall the vehicle interiors felt plush and ride good for an AMT.

The SA was very patient, informed and was keen on understanding my requirements vs actively selling. At one point SA even suggested that the G variant is more VFM than V, which i felt was true. The Glanza today seems to have a wait period of upto 3 months with Toyota focusing its efforts on the Hyryder across production and dealerships.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks