Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 21:13   #481
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
So I think my birdie was right. Looking at the rear profile this looks like the updated UC. So we will have 2 drive trains probably. One is mild hybrid and the other is full hybrid.
The brezza rear wheel arch has half door built in, so there is a gap in wheel arch whereas this does not which points towards car being more than 4m
Old 28th June 2022, 22:22   #482
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
My thoughts on the discussion
This car looks like it is based on Suzuki's Vitara and that could be the reason why it has a resemblance to Maruti Brezza, again same platform as the Vitara.
CrossLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 23:05   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Atkinson cycle with only be used with strong hybrids which means it'll be only for the Toyota 1.5 l 3 cylinder engine which will probably be shared by the top end variants of this vehicle from both Maruti and Toyota.
I have seen Toyota Hybrid (Prius) videos posted by you on the Honda City Hybrid thread. I got the impression that those were examples of strong Hybrid. Is that a correct understanding?

Would you be able to point to any similar videos of weak hybrid? Or some other resuurce? Or call out how the weak hybrid is technologically different from strong hybrid?
Old 29th June 2022, 00:15   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Creta has scored a decent 4 stars in GNCAP while Venue has scored the same in ANCAP. Seltos had scored a solid 5 but sadly Indian version was degraded to a mere 3!
Both Creta and Seltos scored 3 stars in GNCAP!

Wow, this is currently the hottest thread on Team BHP and Hyryder could be the hottest car currently! A great product indeed from Toyota/MS. Introducing Hybrid and AWD in this segment can truly be game changer. The only thing Toyota needs to do is price it right.
midazolam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 03:35   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicksJ View Post
Anybody who has made booking here? Going by the word of a dealership they already have 350-400 bookings from their dealership alone.
Dealership in my city told me they do not have any idea on launch...
Will notify me once its launched
And booking will start after that
AnujKapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 07:19   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Would you be able to point to any similar videos of weak hybrid? Or some other resource? Or call out how the weak hybrid is technologically different from strong hybrid?
Mild/weak hybrid only supports start and acceleration boost in a vehicle and currently available on brezza, scross, ciaz, xl6 etc
VicksJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 07:37   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicksJ View Post
Mild/weak hybrid only supports start and acceleration boost in a vehicle and currently available on brezza, scross, ciaz, xl6 etc
Thanks, that’s helpful. I am really interested in the under the hood level of details, like how it is different from the strong hybrid or how is is different from a non hybrid in terms of components, transmission, engine cycle and energy flow.
Old 29th June 2022, 07:40   #488
BHPian

Is this the updated version of Suzuki Vitara from international market or it is an existing Toyota from international market or a new car from the ground up?
Old 29th June 2022, 07:41   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Thanks, that’s helpful. I am really interested in the under the hood level of details, like how it is different from the strong hybrid or how is is different from a non hybrid in terms of components, transmission, engine cycle and energy flow.
Refer this

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...y/smart-hybrid
VicksJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 09:03   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Is this the updated version of Suzuki Vitara from international market or it is an existing Toyota from international market or a new car from the ground up?
The look is exactly like the Suzuki Vitara with a Toyota face. Window switches from the Suzuki bin. Climate control module in cabin from the Baleno. This is exactly what Glanza is to Baleno. See the Suzuki Vitara all grip front facia for reference. The bonnet lines are an exact match. Interestingly the length (international version = 4175 mm) is lesser than the Kushaq/Taigun and Creta/Seltos as well. Pricing is very key for this especially with the K15C mild hybrid version.
Name:  suzuki.PNG
Views: 436
Size:  399.8 KB

Last edited by dipen : 29th June 2022 at 09:16.
dipen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:28   #491
BHPian

Its Confirmed from my contact in Toyota, that HyRyder will be based on the new Platform of Suzuki Vitara.
He also confirmed that the new Innova which will be launched at the end of this year we be HyBrid Car.
rajchetan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:40   #492
BHPian

For a strong hybrid vehicle, there is a high possibility that this may be an electric AWD. This is done by placing a small electric motor powering the rear wheel directly giving it the AWD capabilities. A strong hybrid with a larger battery pack will easily produce enough grunt from this electric motor on an on-demand basis. This has much lesser capabilities and complexities than a traditional mechanical AWD; however, it does give a bump in total power/torque output generated by the vehicle at a fraction of the cost. Toyota has perfected this technology in other parts of the world. If true, this will be the first in its segment and this small badge of honor (AWD) will let Toyota charge a premium for this product.
meto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:55   #493
BANNED

Unofficial bookings have started. Just booked mine for Rs.11,000.

I now have 2 bookings made (Tucson and Hyryder) - lets hope I land something soon!
Ragin_Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:18   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder All-wheel Drive might be Suzuki’s All Grip.

Quote:
As the Hyryder is built on Suzuki’s Global C platform, the all-wheel drive would, most probably, be Suzuki’s renowned All Grip tech.
Quote:
it’s still not confirmed whether it would be the fourth generation Vitara’s All Grip Select or current Jimny’s All Grip Pro.
Quote:
All Grip Pro is already getting manufactured in India for the export Jimny, we believe it has found its way to the Hyryder.
Quote:
As far as differences between the 2 go, All Grip Select allows driver to choose from 4 driving modes (Auto, Sport, Snow, and Lock).

The electronically controlled 4-wheel-drive system with selectable driving mode uses a simple push-and-turn dial so the driver can experience different driving styles depending on the road surfaces or conditions.
Quote:
On the other hand, All Grip Pro is a part-time 4WD that positions a transfer case between the driveshafts running from the front and rear differentials, and uses it to switch between 2WD and 4WD as required.

When in 4WD, the system directly connects the front and rear wheels, making it possible to distribute engine power to all four tyres evenly and without loss.
As Jimny is slated for a launch some time next year the AWD could be the All Grip Pro on the YFG/D22.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th June 2022 at 11:21.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:27   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
Unofficial bookings have started. Just booked mine for Rs.11,000.

I now have 2 bookings made (Tucson and Hyryder) - lets hope I land something soon!
In the same boat as you - itching to book either Tucson or Hyryder (or both ). Which Toyota dealer in Mumbai have you booked with?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks