Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:59   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

More media tweets:

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fa0y8tdaaaabnsw.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fa0yuqauuaacp5w.png

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fa0y8tiacaaf0hw.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fa0y8twagaam_di.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-fa0y8tdauaa7h4l.jpg

Meanwhile Maruti Suzuki gears up for the launch (Price reveal) and deliveries of its SUV next month.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-capture.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2022 at 12:13.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:01   #1232
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota Hyryder media drive reviews drops on 28th August at 12pm.
Are both engines and transmission options covered in the media drive?
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:14   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Are both engines and transmission options covered in the media drive?
At present don't know about that, most of the media channels posted only about the strong hybrid V variant as the focus is mainly about it.

By the time media drive reviews goes live hope they cover both the powertrains and you can always look up to Team-BHP review.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:15   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota Hyryder media drive reviews drops on 28th August at 12pm.
Prestige Golfshire owners will not be amused seeing such pictures.

Pretty sure they didn't buy 'presidential villas' for 7-10 crores only to have auto journalists posing with cars right in front of their drawing room.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd August 2022 at 12:23.
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:06   #1235
BHPian

This is a welcome news. I understand everyone is curious about pricing. However, with the media drives, the detail reviews would do a lot of potential buyers a world of good.

Pricing is not the only thing (albeit an important one) which will drive the buyer towards the purchase.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 14:55   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota Hyryder media drive reviews drops on [b]28th Aug 12 pm [b]
I guess the price will be announced that day. Typically media review will include price and lifting of embargo in the middle of day seems to be pointing towards a price reveal
Old 23rd August 2022, 15:14   #1237
BHPian

Finally some movement ! Media drives during the week and publishing of reviews on 28th means price reveal finally happening ..

Car was "unveiled on July 02. Hoping the top model strong hybrid OTR is priced at par with Creta / Seltos diesel top trims. Anything more, will be disappointing.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 15:50   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Well tax rebates are always interesting.

So in such cases does the GST head get removed from the invoice itself ?

Also, my generic understanding is that businesses can anyway avail input tax credit on GST,, so if GST is removed from the invoice, they will lose the opportunity to avail the income tax credit.

On the other hand, individuals outside the ambit of GST, like salaried class should benefit.

Of course for other components like road tax and registration, both businesses and salaried class should benefit.

The other interesting thing that is emerging is that Toyota appears to be using this rebate discussion as a lever for increasing its profit at the unit level. Probably, if the govt offers a rebate of x, they may utilize that to jack up the price by 0.x to skim off as unit profit.

PS. I am not.a tax professional, so kindly point out if there are some gaps in the above observations.
From what I understand, businesses can't claim GST ITC for car purchase or even car insurance or service.

https://www.taxgyata.com/ap/input-ta...ase-under-gst/
Quote:
Broadly, ITC is blocked on motor vehicles having seating capacity ≤ 13 persons (including the driver) used for the transportation of persons. Further, ITC is also blocked on certain services relating to motor vehicles namely, insurance, servicing, and repair and maintenance.

Accordingly, expenditure on car purchase shall be covered under Blocked credit, and the GST paid on the purchase of a car will not be allowed to set off against output tax liability.
echo77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 15:53   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Prestige Golfshire owners will not be amused seeing such pictures.

Pretty sure they didn't buy 'presidential villas' for 7-10 crores only to have auto journalists posing with cars right in front of their drawing room.
I heard some Kia executives live there. Hope it was not owned by one
Old 23rd August 2022, 16:59   #1240
BHPian

Thankfully, the media drives are progressing, and the price anxiety is going to come to an end.

What surprises me that there was no hint about this on Team BHP till yesterday evening. Furthermore, there was discussion going on around tax rebate negotiation with state governments.

Does anybody know if the rebates talks have concluded or still on? And finally, did some governments agree on rebates, or has Toyota been left high and dry?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 23rd August 2022 at 17:04.
Old 23rd August 2022, 17:32   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
From what I understand, businesses can't claim GST ITC for car purchase or even car insurance or service.
You can claim GST ITC, but you have to be a transport company. Again, If you claim GST ITC, you cannot claim depreciation. Our laws are so cunning.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:27   #1242
BHPian

After driving the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder today, Autocar posted 5 tidbits on twitter:
https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Nothing new revealed , only relief is media drive started
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:42   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post

Nothing new revealed.
I guess no one ever spoke about the 3 point seatbelt for the middle passenger till now. So that's a new one, atleast for me.

And that means that it should come in Vitara too. I hope that it's a standard feature across all variants.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 20:16   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
After driving the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder today, Autocar posted 5 tidbits on twitter:
https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Nothing new revealed , only relief is media drive started
In this preview video point # 5, one they talked about the EV only mode. Now that they have added a 1.8 kW Hr battery will this do 25 km EV only as they claimed earlier?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 23rd August 2022 at 20:18.
Old 23rd August 2022, 20:27   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
In this preview video point # 5, one they talked about the EV only mode. Now that they have added a 1.8 kW Hr battery will this do 25 km EV only as they claimed earlier?
I saw yesterday report, I am still skeptical about 1.8kwh battery. Even if a 1.8kwh battery is used it will not have range of 25km, otherwise Tata Nexon EV max will have range >500km.

Below is Toyota UK advise on using "EV mode" button. I would say don't keep higher expectations on EV mode.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220823202057_twitter.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220823202124_twitter.jpg
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks