Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 14:36   #1201
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

It seems the prices will be revealed by end of this month. That's what my SA has told me. I have booked strong hybrid and have become a laughing stock for year long booking and cancelling. Started with booking new i20 and later cancelling. Now waiting for the car which is pretty much non existent. My father is pretty sure Toyota is getting rich by withholding my booking amount
Old 19th August 2022, 15:54   #1202
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

People in Bangalore interested in Hyryder hybrid.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220819wa0008.jpg  

Old 19th August 2022, 15:54   #1203
BHPian

I think they must have faced some issue which is being resolved. Maybe related to BMS or something. That would explain the delay in launch
Old 19th August 2022, 19:38   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latebloomer View Post
People in Bangalore interested in Hyryder hybrid.
I find this amazing. The dealership is organizing a Zoom webinar for people to know about the Hyryder?

Looks like they are yet to receive the vehicle too and are doing something to try and keep up customer interest. Good intention, though. Credit where it's due.
Old 20th August 2022, 01:00   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Grand Vitara is supposed to enter into production by end of this month and delivery is supposed to start by end of September. We can expect similar timeline for the Hyryder. As per Maruti, price will be revealed just before production starts, so we may expect some clarity by end of August I suppose
Maruti Chief has said in an interview with CNBC that pricing will be announced in September
Old 20th August 2022, 09:12   #1206

Since many feel that in 4 to 5 years it would be wise to switch over to EV since it would be expected to be at a lower price I wonder if it's worth spending so much on hyryder or grand vitara now.
Chinni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 10:26   #1207
BHPian

Toyota should atleast give an update on when prices will be announced. It’s like they believe that just being quite about it will make people forget it.
They should behave like a big corporation and not get inspired by the concept of ‘ghosting’ which is popular in the dating world.
SShandilya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 10:36   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinni View Post
Since many feel that in 4 to 5 years it would be wise to switch over to EV since it would be expected to be at a lower price I wonder if it's worth spending so much on hyryder or grand vitara now.
That's a valid observation. Toyota has brought hybrid to India after 25 years and after providing it to more than 140 countries worldwide. I might be sounding like a devils advocate, but they might be sensing that its high time to try to peddle the hybrid here to recover their technology investments before being road-rolled by the electric evolution.

But given the state of EV infrastructure in India, it could be a transition car before moving to electric depending on the use case.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 20th August 2022 at 10:37.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 10:46   #1209
BHPian

On a side note, just saw this news about Toyota.

Economic Times: Toyota unit falsified emissions data as far back as 2003, probe finds.

Link
Old 21st August 2022, 14:48   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
On a side note, just saw this news about Toyota.

Economic Times: Toyota unit falsified emissions data as far back as 2003, probe finds.

Link
It's actually their truck division Hino Motors.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:21   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShandilya View Post
Toyota should atleast give an update on when prices will be announced. It’s like they believe that just being quite about it will make people forget it.
They should behave like a big corporation and not get inspired by the concept of ‘ghosting’ which is popular in the dating world.
I visited the Toyota Showroom In Goa today morning where the strong hybrid was on display and enquired about when the prices will be revealed.I was told that by 22nd August 2022. Don't know if it will be actually revealed. Though I liked the car and the features it offers ,the boot space is very small and the fact that the 5th Tyre is smaller than the stock tyres is quite disheartening to note. The pricing will determine how many bookings actually still stay on to take deliveries.
fergus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:26   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I think we have to vote with our wallets for this kind of practices by automobile manufacturers. Launch a vehicle without pricing and start to take bookings. And then if people ask for ETA, they say - "it's a Maruti/Toyota. It'll take time". With people reacting against such practices, manufacturers will stop doing this unethical practice!
In my opinion the change will come only when we as customers wait ,take a test drive, be convinced of what we want and then only book. The artificial demand being created only tends to fuel the desire to book first -fastest finger first like we do on an Amazon /Xiaomi product launch sale
fergus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:42   #1213
BHPian

That's tomorrow. Do keep us updated
Old 21st August 2022, 21:51   #1214
BHPian

Hi. Had gone for servicing of my Yaris. When asked about Hybrid, am informed that cars will be available for test drive by September. The price of G variant is expected about 20 L and for V about 23 L for the strong hybrid. They claim 21 kpl for 1.5 liter Maruti engine. Pricing for too end for Neodrive will be about 18 L. As to pure EV drive am informed that it will drive about 5 to 7 kms on pure EV. The vehicle alternates between pure EV and pure ICE thereby maximising energy. On signals most of the time it will run on pure EV mode thereby saving majority of fuel.
Old 21st August 2022, 22:50   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The price of G variant is expected about 20 L and for V about 23 L for the strong hybrid.
I recall main features missing in strong hybrid G when compared to strong hybrid V are ventilated seats, 360 deg camera and TPMS.

Not sure if 3 lacs difference can be justified.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks