Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 09:11   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
There were multiple news articles a a few weeks back regarding the price reveal on 16-Aug. Is this on track or moved out? Any buzz?

Link
Whatever buzz was there was killed by Toyota and Maruti anyway looks like. Too much of a gap between the "unveil" and the "launch". To make it worse, no test drives and a lot of people have not been able to see the car in the showroom. They can learn a thing or two from the Scorpio-N launch.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 10:23   #1157
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Whatever buzz was there was killed by Toyota and Maruti anyway looks like. Too much of a gap between the "unveil" and the "launch". To make it worse, no test drives and a lot of people have not been able to see the car in the showroom. They can learn a thing or two from the Scorpio-N launch.
The Toyota showrooms near me did not even get the car. There was some technical issues with the demo car. I have been continuously checking with them for a date when the car will be available on display, there is none.

On the contrary, Maruti has displayed the GV twice now and each time there were ample marketing the car will be there. Going by Toyota's lackluster attitude, it feels, they do not want to sell the car
Old 14th August 2022, 10:25   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Deliveries and price reveal generally coincide. So, deliveries were always reported for September. So, price reveal should be around them.

It may come as a surprise to all but many people still do not know about existence of Grand Vitara or Hyryder outside of forums. And in worst case, Toyota/Suzuki is able to stop people from buying competition if they are able to entice a customer. So, there is nothing to lose for the OEMs even though we may get irritated.

Lastly, i feel Suzuki's hand was forced by Toyota's early reveal. They could not have allowed all the buzz with the Hyryder especially when Suzuki would be selling the bulk of them(Grand Vitara) probably. With the new Alto, i think it would be business as usual : Launch / Price reveal on 18th August and journo event immediately.
Old 14th August 2022, 10:35   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Urban Cruiser Hyryder’s twin the Grand Vitara has been tested on Maruti-Suzuki’s track.

Initial driving impressions give it straight out: the car is more for fuel efficiency rather than outright performance.

I was fearing just this about the hybrid powertrain! 14 seconds from 0-100kmph is extremely slow.

Strong Hybrid’s poor experience is a big bummer, forget the turbo petrols of rivals they will beat this strong hybrid throughout the rev-range:
Quote:
Off the line, it moves quickly, but pace drops off as you build speed. Being the R&D facility, our phones were taken away and the only timing equipment with me was my wristwatch. Going by that the Grand Vitara’s 0-100kph acceleration time was around 14 seconds, and I don’t expect it to dip much more when strapped to our V-Box data acquisition system.

In-gear acceleration is also slow despite the kickdown; it’s clear Maruti is chasing fuel efficiency and the company claims a 27.97kpl figure as per internal testing. And that’s really where this SUV will shine
Mild Hybrid experience:
Quote:
Interestingly, in-gear acceleration in the 20 to 80kph phase felt quicker, though we’ll wait until we can strap it up to our test equipment to finally say so. What was clear, however, was the new 6-speed torque convertor gearbox, which, like on the Brezza, is smooth. What I particularly liked was that with the paddle shifters you can take control of gearshifts and to a large extent the car lets you do as you please – not second guessing you like some other autoboxes do – it will only double beep and not allow a gearshift or automatically shift, incase vehicle and engine speeds are really far out of sync.
Manual AWD short drive:
Quote:
We also did get to drive the AWD version, which comes with only the 5-speed manual, not on any off-road or rough terrain. So, what I can say for now is that the manual gearbox shifts feel a bit rubber like, but they are smooth and require little effort.
Ride and Handling balance:
Quote:
There really isn’t much to say at this point given the extremely brief drive and the specific tracks we drove on, but over the cobble stone section ride quality was nice and pliant. Over speed breakers the body does heave, but it didn’t feel uncomfortable.

What really stood out for me was the steering, the effort was low and at high speeds it felt secure, plus, much to my delight, at parking speeds it automatically self-centers. This is unlike most Maruti’s that simply stay stuck and require you to twirl the wheel back. Thus, with the Grand Vitara, around a corner, you can drive naturally and simply relax your grip on the wheel to have it move back to center.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...erience-425395

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th August 2022 at 10:48.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 22:19   #1160
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Self-Charging Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology:

Old 16th August 2022, 10:22   #1161
BHPian

It seems price reveal and "official launch" is happening today. Any idea at what time we finally get some clarity ?
Old 16th August 2022, 10:57   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
It seems price reveal and "official launch" is happening today. Any idea at what time we finally get some clarity ?
Yes looks like it is finally happening today. I could find only one source of news.
https://zeenews.india.com/auto/2022-...e-2497668.html

The wait was so long that I forgot about this car totally
Old 16th August 2022, 11:11   #1163
RRU
BHPian

This one is giving quick updates...

https://www.india.com/car-and-bike/t...-here-5574234/
Old 16th August 2022, 11:20   #1164
BHPian

Times of India have put a live updates page for this.
Link

Also another live page at india.com.
Link

Last edited by ajayc123 : 16th August 2022 at 11:26.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 11:54   #1165
BHPian

Not sure if this is truly live as some of the updates from india.com site are from 7:53am, TOI also being vague with the exact time.

Hopefully all should be revealed soon
Old 16th August 2022, 12:47   #1166
BHPian

I can see current timestamps on both pages. See 12:38 pm.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220816124558_chrome.jpg  

Old 16th August 2022, 12:55   #1167
BHPian

Imagine them covering the basic tech specs again and not reveal the price.
I wouldn't expect something like this from Toyota but it's funny to think. This clip from The Office came in my mind
tjsi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:01   #1168
Team-BHP Support

What is toyota doing? 2 hours only few publications are doing live chat updates with same specs revealed last month.

Is there a launch today or again something to create hype?
Old 16th August 2022, 13:02   #1169
BHPian

Hard to believe that the Toyota UC Hyryder price reveal is happening today. There is no buzz and even the Toyota Twitter handle is barren. IMO prices of both the UC Hyryder and the Maruti GV will be revealed close to the scheduled delivery dates next month.
Old 16th August 2022, 13:15   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Imagine them covering the basic tech specs again and not reveal the price.
I wouldn't expect something like this from Toyota but it's funny to think. This clip from The Office came in my mind
https://Youtu.be/tmHvnhEFUwU
That was funny. I hope that these live sites are not pulling a fast one and just generating advertising revenue at our expense
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks