Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 15:10   #1006
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
This vehicle deserves to have a distinct identity. Even branding it just as TOYOTA HYRYDER, would have led to a lot less confusion.
When my dad tried to call a Toyota dealer to inquire if they had a show car, he first called it the Hycruiser, then the Urban Cruiser (without the Hyryder bit), and then the LAND CRUISER, before saying it correctly. What a confusing name!
Arsenic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:36   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
When my dad tried to call a Toyota dealer to inquire if they had a show car, he first called it the Hycruiser, then the Urban Cruiser (without the Hyryder bit), and then the LAND CRUISER, before saying it correctly. What a confusing name!
Was Hypertuner mentioned?

The full name is Urban Cruiser Hyryder.

Toyota wishes to call its SUV range, Urban Cruiser.

Wierd? Yes.
ashutoshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:59   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
It says it's similar in height to creta - 1635MM
But when I stood next to the hyryder it felt too small, smaller than Creta/Seltos and even the new Brezza...?
I checked both Brezza and Hyryder on the same day and brezza felt much higher.
I'm about 6ft and Hyryder's headroom was too less compared to brezza. About 4 finger space was left from my head to the roof and about 8 fingers in brezza.
Even the seating position felt lower but I couldn't tell properly because it was inside the building.

Attachment 2332499

I confirmed from folks here at Suzuki as well that the height is indeed only 5mm lesser than Brezza but appx 40-45mm taller than S Cross and is even taller than the international Vitara. Sorry I have to give an S Cross/Vitara reference because there are no Hyundai or KIA vehicles here in Japan.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 14th July 2022 at 18:00.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 18:37   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Was Hypertuner mentioned?
I honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if it was.

Sometimes, Toyota come up with a great name, like Corolla or Crown. Brilliant!

Other times, Toyota come up with a terrible name, like Glanza or Urban Cruiser and it’s cousin, the Urban Cruiser Hyryder. Dreadful!
Arsenic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:11   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Maruti Suzuki’s own Brezza has a 328L boot compared to the WagonR’s 341L

The Maruti version will have a bigger boot as it is not a Hybrid
Old 14th July 2022, 22:31   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Maruti Version, is getting the strong hybrid, with the smaller boot!

What would Maruti get out of this collaboration otherwise?

Suzuki wanted the Hybrid tech from Toyota.
Old 14th July 2022, 22:33   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Sorry that’s not correct - Maruti Grand Vitara will also have both powertrain options - the mild hybrid and the strong hybrid.
Carzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:42   #1013
BHPian

I thought Maruti gets only the micro-hybrid and Toyota the strong hybrid?

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2022 at 06:35. Reason: Capital letters
Old 15th July 2022, 08:36   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Although it does not pertain to the discussion going on, but I believe Nexon belongs to the compact Sub 4m segment. It does not compete in the mid size SUV segment.
Yes true. Nexon is sub 4 M and in the class of Brezza Venue Sonet. But it has a kind of in between market profile. The new Duster 2023 would be 4300 mm or more and will compete in this Mid size market SUV too.
Old 15th July 2022, 09:58   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Yes true. Nexon is sub 4 M and in the class of Brezza Venue Sonet. But it has a kind of in between market profile.
Not sure what you mean by “in between market profile” or why you say so. If anything Nexon price points are actually lower than that of Venue, Sonet and Brezza with new Brezza being the most premium in price points. Or maybe you are confusing the Nexon EV price points which obviously are much more expensive because of it being EV not because of Nexon positioning being “in between market profile”.
Old 15th July 2022, 11:43   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
1. Boot space approx 353 lts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
That's the boot space in SUVs a segment below (Venue, Nexon) :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADisMynAMe View Post
If the specifications of the boot space are right, then the 353 litre boot is smaller by 80 litres than the Koreans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
I think it’s better to compare the boot space of mild hybrid versions with the Koreans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Maruti Suzuki’s own Brezza has a 328L boot compared to the WagonR’s 341L
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
It is low in terms of numbers but I somehow struggled with boot of Kia Seltos(claimed as 430L) and found it similar to say 350L boot on Nexon in terms of usability. Removal of rear parcel tray liberates extra room though !!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Interesting point about the boot-space. Looking at the side-view in this post, there doesnt seem much space in the boot.
On the topic of boot space, I would like to draw the attention of folks to the "measured boot space" of the Koreans - refer these links:

So I would say, we cannot go by the figures that Manufacturers quote as there is no well defined standard - we have to measure it ourselves and determine the real figure.
vsrivatsa is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 11:56   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
On the topic of boot space, I would like to draw the attention of folks to the "measured boot space" of the Koreans - refer these links:

So I would say, we cannot go by the figures that Manufacturers quote as there is no well defined standard - we have to measure it ourselves and determine the real figure.
Exactly my point. Bootspace in Creta/Seltos (below parcel tray) is just a marketing terminology. Let us hope for good once real world reviews come out
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 14:14   #1018
BHPian

Can someone please inform whether the Hyryder car is available in any of the Gurgaon or Delhi showroom just to have a look and feel the interiors etc.? Yesterday I could talk to one SA of MGF Toyota, MG Road, Gurgaon. But he says the car has moved out from their showroom. It was there just for 2 days.
Old 15th July 2022, 14:29   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian

The Urban Cruiser Hyryder (Strong Hybrid + eCVT) in Blue colour is available to view at Lakozy Toyota Malad, if any Mumbai BHPian is interested.
Old 15th July 2022, 15:24   #1020
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Can someone please inform whether the Hyryder car is available in any of the Gurgaon or Delhi showroom just to have a look and feel the interiors etc.? Yesterday I could talk to one SA of MGF Toyota, MG Road, Gurgaon. But he says the car has moved out from their showroom. It was there just for 2 days.
I was told the same thing by SA at Uttam Toyota. As per him, car was in display on for 2 days (11th n 12th July I believe) however has been sent back to Toyota. It's not available in any showroom of Uttam Toyota in Delhi NCR.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks