Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 22:47   #946
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Today what is jarring is that after being lambasted for 2 years, Suzuki is coming back with better products but immediately charging a premium for the same without letting the market make up its mind and thought process once again about Suzuki. I believe a TATA type of approach would have been better where TATA did not go after profits straight away, rather they let the market change its mindset first. Make no mistake, TATA will charge a premium once the Market truly believes that TATA makes better products than most.
The only way Suzuki can get away with premium pricing is if today's affluent customers believe Suzuki cars would set them apart from herd of Creta and Seltos' seen on the roads.
Well, a very well written write up, appreciate.
However, what is the premium, when the price is not yet disclosed. Also, I don’t agree with the Tata Type approach, especially with the fit and finish they provide, also, the aftersales.

There is no deniability that we went gaga over Creta and later Seltos for the VFM, i.e price vis-à-vis the features. What has let everybody down is the bias shown by Koreans towards the Indian Consumers when it comes to safety.
We are well aware, Seltos scores 5 star for its Aussie model and 3 for the Indian platform, mind you, Creta is based on the same.

With the launch of HyRyder, we can be for the very least be assured of at least 4 star rating like in Brezza, same Suzuki Global C platform. Although, me being an optimist, hope for better safety standards.

What we are forgetting very conveniently and not appreciating is that the Indian market is finally opening up to Hybrids. Finally we are getting products for the mass market. Honda City Hybrid followed by Toyota-Suzuki products. This opens up for future products raining in.

Not related to Hyryder. Still, I believe there is a big chunk of consumers, who are ready to pay between 20-30 lacs for value luxury. But, the products coming in with VAG2.0 and Jeep Compass rattles don’t do justice.
Javelin is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 02:22   #947
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Hopefully pricing sense prevails for this one after the over the top Brezza pricing.
One thing which I think we are all missing is the fact that Brezza pricing premium largely comes from the fact that Brezza has 1.5 L engine so misses out on GST benefit that less than 4 m cars get .. Hyundai / Kia all have smaller engines in the compact SUV segment and hence benefit from the GST arbitrage vs the Brezza .. almost a 17-18 perc GST difference vs Brezza … hence actually Maruti (now at par on features) is doing a great job on costing if you factor the tax difference between B top variant and say H/ K top variant

The same disadvantage is not there in the mid SUV segment where the T Hyryder / S Vitara and H Creta etc will all be on same GST slab .. hence Maruti should be able to offer very very competitive pricing vs the H and K and keep the Strong hybrid variants at a delta of about Rs 3 lac I reckon vs comparable mild hybrid variant
Carzilla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 05:41   #948

Does the centre seat get 3 point seat belt?

I'm unable to recognise it from any pictures or videos so far.

Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th July 2022 at 11:01. Reason: Spells, Please proofread before posting.
prakashrs is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th July 2022, 06:57   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
One thing which I think we are all missing is the fact that Brezza pricing premium largely comes from the fact that Brezza has 1.5 L engine so misses out on GST benefit that less than 4 m cars get ..
I agree about the disadvantage from the tax perspective.

But my comment was on the difference between the pricing of the previous version Vitara Brezza and the new version Brezza for the same variant. I feel that the hike was steeper than it should have been.

The latest top model is 13.xx vs previous gen at 11.xx lakhs, ex show room.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 10th July 2022 at 07:08.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 09:50   #950
BHPian

Can anyone describe how the Toyota hybrid system is different from the Honda City hybrid? I believe Hyryder has a dedicated EV mode, which is not there in the City.

Also, with the revealed engine/motor specs, we can only expect mediocre performance right? The combined output of City seems to be higher at 125PS and 250 Nm compared to the Hyryder's modest 114PS and 140 Nm. But then again, the claimed 0-100 for both cars are ~11 seconds (I am hoping the Yaris Cross hybrid numbers hold true for Hyryder as well). I remember reviewers mentioning about peppy low end performance from the City hybrid. Toyota does market 'powerful acceleration' for the Hyryder. But in an intended segment which is full of 1.4 and 1.5 turbo petrols, can it really hold true?

With government pushing towards ethanol blending of petrol, would it have any effect on the hybrid powertrain?

Last edited by GKR9900 : 10th July 2022 at 09:59.
GKR9900 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:44   #951
BHPian

Any showrooms in Pune having the display vehicle yet? Would love to check the car out in person. Thanks.
Old 10th July 2022, 11:46   #952
BHPian

If Maruti Suzuki need to make profits from the YFG, then they should name it Vitara (likely) rather than S-Cross since the S-Cross nameplate didn't sell well. Also the prices for the MT mild-hybrid should start at 8.99 lakh and end up at 12.49 lakh. The automatic should start from 10.49-14.99 for the mild-hybrid.
Now for the other powertrain, the MT should start from 14.99-17.49 lakh and the AT from 15.99-19.99 lakh including the AWD powertrain.
The Urban Cruiser Hyryder, to live up with Toyota pricing standards may start from 9.99 lakh-13.99 lakh for the MT Mild-hybrid and from 11.49 lakh - 14.99 lakh for the AT.
The other powertrain may start from 15.49 lakh-19.49 lakh for the MT and 16.99-20.99 lakh for the AT with AWD.
Prices above this will blow them far away from the Korean Twins.
MADisMynAMe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 13:04   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADisMynAMe View Post
If Maruti Suzuki need to make profits from the YFG, then they should name it Vitara (likely) rather than S-Cross since the S-Cross nameplate didn't sell well. Also the prices for the MT mild-hybrid should start at 8.99 lakh and end up at 12.49 lakh. The automatic should start from 10.49-14.99 for the mild-hybrid.
Now for the other powertrain, the MT should start from 14.99-17.49 lakh and the AT from 15.99-19.99 lakh including the AWD powertrain.
The Urban Cruiser Hyryder, to live up with Toyota pricing standards may start from 9.99 lakh-13.99 lakh for the MT Mild-hybrid and from 11.49 lakh - 14.99 lakh for the AT.
The other powertrain may start from 15.49 lakh-19.49 lakh for the MT and 16.99-20.99 lakh for the AT with AWD.
Prices above this will blow them far away from the Korean Twins.
Of course prices like your wish list above .. will be great for customers. But is it fair to expect Maruti to begin at 8.99 when Creta begins at 10.4 ?
Carzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 13:45   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Of course prices like your wish list above .. will be great for customers. But is it fair to expect Maruti to begin at 8.99 when Creta begins at 10.4 ?
Maruti's K15C engine lacks outright grunt and we have not seen their cars with success in the Creta range (S-Cross being the example). Tata is already dethroning the Brezza with the Nexon and the prices of the new Brezza won't help them gather customers.
So if they price it aggressively then they can make some customers happy and also get profits.
MADisMynAMe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 14:09   #955
BHPian

Guys, guys guys! I have a brilliant idea! How about we STOP with these speculative posts and wait for when the actual details are being revealed?

From pricing, to interior space, to boot space and to even "how much of a Toyota it is (?!)", you all are just making speculations and most don't even make sense!

I am sure that with the Vitara launch happening in just 10 days, we will start getting details from dealers, insiders and the social media of both carmakers soon! And hence, I do not see a reason why there are too much incorrect and obnoxious speculations going on in here!! (One guy literally wants the cars to start at 8.99 lakhs?!)

Seriously! All these incorrect speculative posts are just leading to a bad experience for the readers reading this thread and might just confuse an actual buyer to the core!

I hope all the experts in this thread stop with the speculations and let the actual conversations from buyers and other interested people happen so the thread doesn't seem diluted and actually helps a prospective buyer.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th July 2022 at 19:54. Reason: Spacing, excess punctuation
theAutomaniac is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 15:28   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Guys, guys guys! I have a brilliant idea! How about we STOP with these speculative posts and wait for when the actual are details being revealed??

From pricing, to interior space, to bootspace and to even "how much of a Toyota it is (??!!)", you all are just making speculations and most don't even make sense!

I am sure that with the Vitara launch happening in just 10 days, we will start getting details from dealers, insiders and the social media of both carmakers soon! And hence, I do not see a reason why there are too much incorrect and obnoxious speculations going on in here!! (One guy literally wants the cars to start at 8.99 lakhs??!!)

Seriously! All these incorrect speculative posts are just leading to a bad experience for the readers reading this thread and might just confuse an actual buyer to the core!!!

I hope all the experts in this thread stop with the speculations and let the actual conversations from buyers and other interested people happen so the thread doesn't seem diluted and actually helps a prospective buyer.
I was actually talking about the introductory prices but yup you're correct we are (even me) actually making stupid speculations. So thanks again for giving the heads-up. Waiting for Nexa's next big launch
MADisMynAMe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 19:38   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Guys, guys guys! I have a brilliant idea! How about we STOP with these speculative posts and wait for when the actual are details being revealed??
Manufacturers these days have got this weird habit of launching cars and not revealing for days and weeks, the feature list, variant availablity and most importantly the pricing. The longer they keep such crucial details under wraps, the longer there will be this unnecessary speculation. I don't blame the buyer in you and me but solely the decision makers in these companies who decide to let us speculate for days.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th July 2022 at 12:57. Reason: Language. Replaced with something more civil / friendly.
rahil_29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 23:17   #958
BHPian

Will there be a road tax benefit for the hybrid variant of Hyryder? I'm in Bangalore. 18% road tax on ICEs, hybrid I believe enjoy some rebate. Can someone please confirm?

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th July 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Minor language / formatting edits and added a word.
BNG-motorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 02:12   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
Got confirmation call from SA that the car would be available in Showroom on 10th July (Navi Mumbai, Wasan Toyota). Test drive is not yet confirmed. I plan to go, for sure!
Today we visited Wasan Toyota, Navi Mumbai for HyRyder. Spent about 30-40 minutes there, and here are my initial impressions.

Please note that I'm planning to upgrade from Celerio ZXI AMT and hence my benchmark has been Celerio. I have done booking for HyRyder and new Brezza. New Brezza has already been allotted (as per the SA), but I wanted to see HyRyder first and hence I haven't yet seen Brezza.

Toyota showroom was a crowded place, which shows the interest the vehicle has generated. As per my SA, only one vehicle has been received for Mumbai - the top end, full hybrid, eCVT in blue color. The vehicle will leave for other Mumbai showrooms tonight, so BHPians in Mumbai will have a chance to view this vehicle over next few days.

What I liked:

1. Size - HyRyder is quite big. Clearly in Creta league, or bigger. It will have good road presence for sure. I liked overall proportion. It looked quite good from all sides, except rear (my personal opinion)

2. Exterior: Overall quality, sheet metal, paint etc all look good and quality much better. Placement of DRL's and LED headlight is quite different than vehicles I have seen/drove yet. We (meaning wifey, princess and self) all liked the new arrangements and lighting overall. No fog lamps, as already mentioned in few walkarounds here.

3. Interior: Fit and finish are way above my Celerio. Due to rush, I could only sit for few minutes, but it was a nice place to be.
* This one had ventilated seats, which are good. Air flow at highest setting was not much/ or I felt that way, however I could "feel" cooled seats in just under a minute of starting it.
* Sunroof is quite big, would definitely bring enough sunlight when its open.
* 360 Deg camera had good resolution, SA could just show it for few seconds, though.
* Heads-up display is also having very good resolution, and well positioned. * Seat comfort - could not judge much in short time I was inside the vehicle - but felt quite good.
* SA confirmed availability of wireless charging, wireless android auto and Apple car play.
* Space - both in front and rear - was very good. The space utilization has been a plus point, when I see boot also in tandem. I'm 5'8'' and had enough room at rear when driver seat was set at my position. As @ashutoshb also mentioned, I asked my daughter to move driver seat to farthest and I still had good leg room available in rear.
* Now, the elephant in the room: boot space. Thankfully, I found it to be adequate, at least not a deal breaker. The battery pack had eaten away some precious real estate there, but we would be able to manage - I'm so much relieved. After having a good look at it personally, and few videos, I'm of the opinion that it will be able to hold two medium suitcases kept upright and four cabin bags behind - after removing parcel tray and a levelling tray kept at battery pack level. Rearward vision may get little bit affected if we load so much luggage, though.

What I did not like:
1. Keeping driver seat position at the highest level, still I couldn't see full bonnet. Driver seat doesn't get electric seat adjustments - its manual only.
2. Doors have good heft, but still lack in comparison to older Germans. New crop of VAG cars and HyRyder are same on this aspect, though.
3. Missing pedal shifters. I was quite surprised to know that this doesn't have ANY manual mode, so how to handle situation when you would like to take control of gears? SA had no answers. This being an Automatic, I feel a strong need of this, am I mistaken? I use manual mode in my Celerio AMT often in ghats, single lane highways etc. How HyRyder will fare in such situations? Any comments from more experienced members would help me here.
4. Battery operated boot - boot can be opened ONLY when battery is charged. The vehicle here had low battery, and boot couldn't be opened. Later on they Jump started the car to charge battery and opened the boot. There's no way to open the boot with a key or lever, is that possible? If true, its strange
5. Headroom in rear - found to be less. Tall people or a normal person with a cap / paghdi, will feel this for sure.
6. Plastic-ish air vents of AC looked/felt quite ordinary and flimsy. I thought my Celerio has better vents! Glove box is illuminated, but not ventilated.

Some additional info:
Test rides only after 10 to 12 days, so mostly in last week of July. Pricing also in some two weeks. SA reconfirmed his understanding - 18 to 20 Lac, ex-showroom for strong hybrid top model. Soft hybrid would be below this range (in range of new Brezza?)

I am attaching few snaps I could take in sea of people On my way back, I was wondering if I have missed few points today, and yes, seems many
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-front1.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-boot1.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-boot2.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-cladding-under-bonnet.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-engine-bay.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-lamp-boot-12v.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-tyre-size-ref.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-front-2.jpg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-rear.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 11th July 2022 at 09:18. Reason: Not more than 2 smilieys per post please. Thanks
MiKeMo is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 09:16   #960
BHPian

Anyone who has seen the vehicle, is there any engine protection underneath or is it similar to how it's open in XL6 vehicle. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks