Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 15:06   #1261
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Personally, I am disappointed to see Maruti and Toyota opt for a three cylinder engine. As pointed out by others, the difference between a 4 and 3 cylinder engine is clearly evident when it comes to NVH, vibrations, smoothness etc. Even though the Maruti Swift is from a completely different segment, the engine is a buttery smooth. The engine noise is not perceptible when the car is on idle. I hope the 3 cylinder engine in both the GV and Hyryder has a pleasant surprise in store for customers.

On a different note, the price announcement is taking ages. It seems both the companies are struggling to iron out the production and supply chain related issues and hence delaying the same.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 19:29   #1262
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr06 View Post
As per my SA, they are negotiating rebate for strong hybrid with few states like Maharashtra. Hence, there is a delay in price announcement.
In the news article it has been said that gov't hasn't expressed interest in subsidy for hybrid.

We can expect a lukewarm start and too hot to handle prices. Fingers crossed. Let's see.
Quote:
Toyota is lobbying to get the taxes reduced, sources said. The company said it wants New Delhi to provide support, including taxation, to all green technologies that help India achieve its goal of reducing fossil fuel and carbon emissions.

So far, the government has not shown any interest in extending its fiscal support beyond EVs.
Link

Last edited by ajayc123 : 24th August 2022 at 19:40.
Old 24th August 2022, 20:14   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I believe the pricing will go from
E-11.49
S-12.99/14.29
G-13.99/15.29
V-14.99/16.29
(Neo-MT/AT)

S-16.29
G-17.79
V-19.29
(Strong Hybrid)
If Toyota announces this kind of pricing, I would straightaway cancel the booking and look elsewhere. No way this kind of premium can be justified. 11.49 lakhs for E Neodrive is atleast 1.5 lakhs higher than market expectations.
Between E and S there is not much addition of features and hence 1.5 lakh premium is not justified. But from S to G, there is addition of LED headlamps, rear washer, soft touch dash, additional 4 airbags, alloy wheels and bigger AV system. Hence the difference between S and G could be around 1.25 lakhs if not more.

I am expecting the following price:
(Neo-MT/AT/AWD)
E-9.99
S-10.99/12.49
G-12.49/13.99
V-13.79/15.29/15.79

(Strong Hybrid)
S-15.29
G-16.79
V-18.09
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 20:32   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
If Toyota announces this kind of pricing, I would straightaway cancel the booking and look elsewhere. No way this kind of premium can be justified. 11.49 lakhs for E Neodrive is atleast 1.5 lakhs higher than market expectations.
Between E and S there is not much addition of features and hence 1.5 lakh premium is not justified. But from S to G, there is addition of LED headlamps, rear washer, soft touch dash, additional 4 airbags, alloy wheels and bigger AV system. Hence the difference between S and G could be around 1.25 lakhs if not more.

I am expecting the following price:
(Neo-MT/AT/AWD)
E-9.99
S-10.99/12.49
G-12.49/13.99
V-13.79/15.29/15.79

(Strong Hybrid)
S-15.29
G-16.79
V-18.09
Absolutely. I am assuming a premium of 50k for Toyota brand over the Grand Vitara. Considering the leaked pricing of 9.5L of Grand Vitara this pricing makes sense.
Old 24th August 2022, 23:10   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
a minimum of 4 star rating is a given, as per new GNCAP norms applicable from June 2022. That means a 5 star as per today's norms, because the new norms will cause nearly all cars to lose a star at a minimum.
Sorry for replying to an old post but could you please elaborate on why the Hyryder would lose a star with the new GNCAP protocols? If it could reach five stars with the old protocols and assuming good side impact performance (typical of SUVs) the only difference between 4 and 5 stars should depend on whether Toyota produces at least 30% volume of Hyryders with curtain airbags or not. Even child occupant protection looks promising with three-point belts for all seats and i-Size approved ISOFIX anchorages.
Old 25th August 2022, 07:26   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the plan (speculation), guess it will be so as the festive season kicks in:

Quote:
Looks like Maruti Suzuki will reveal the price of Grand Vitara on September 1st week and
Toyota India will reveal the price of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder on 2nd week of September both will start delivering the Suv's from 3rd week of September.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:00   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the plan (speculation), guess it will be so as the festive season kicks in:

Link
Going by his earlier Tweet, seems like he too is frustrated with Toyota's approach. So wouldn't give this Tweet of his too much weightage.
Quote:
I wish to cancel the booking i made for Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder @Toyota_India you are fooling us again and again, it been 50+ days since our bookings have been made. No proper updates from Toyota india.
Link
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:42   #1268

Quote:
All in all, the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is a decent package. The K15C variants will be more VFM while the strong hybrid variants will be much expensive. Being a Toyota, service is likely to be top notch but we expect a lot of people to be confused between this and the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara. The platform, interior components, K15C engine – everything is from Maruti Suzuki while the second engine and strong hybrid tech are from Toyota. Both the automakers will reveal prices of their respective vehicles in September and it will be interesting to see the difference. The Hyryder was supposed to be launched on 16th August but it got postponed to a later date due to reasons best known to Toyota.
Source: Motorbeam (https://www.motorbeam.com/exclusive-...-drive-review/)

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2022 at 19:48. Reason: Please avoid copy-pasting full articles
Raj4322 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:12   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder SUV first drive review (Strong hybrid):

Quote:
The highlight here is the efficiency. The Hyryder Hybrid can be driven in EV only mode if the battery juice is enough to power the electric motor. This means you can drive the car while the petrol engine is off and hence this will ensure extremely high levels of efficiency. Our colleague saw an easy 25 kmpl on the display and the same will benefit owners as well. However, pedal to metal, the performance isn't shattering and might leave owners wanting for more. With a full load of passengers and air-con running, overtaking faster moving vehicles might need pre-calculation.
Quote:
for those who like to drive sedately, the Toyota Hyryder will reward them with an easy going nature, keeping up with the traffic slow easily. This is also where the suspension comes into play, absorbing undulations and broken patches with ease. As a family SUV, this one does the job pretty well. Likewise, good visibility and a light steering makes urban runs a piece of cake. This is good news for those looking at an all-rounder product.
Quote:
Expect prices to start from Rs 10 lakh for the base manual mild hybrid going all the way to Rs 16-17 lakh for the strong hybrid model.
Name:  Fa_CvYnUUAA8Lwu.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  Fa_CyFeVUAEWYv0.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  Fa_CqQ3UcAYFnwR.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  Fa_Cs63UYAEwjCu.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  80.7 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2022 at 12:17.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:19   #1270
BHPian

This Hyryder crowd will be in for a rude shock when they visit the Toyota showroom. There is nothing called 'sales' in Toyota language. They have 2 vehicles with a self checkout mode and that's basically where the sales part ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top end on roads at 28-29 lakhs and there is no great point in buying these vehicles because you could get similar mileage and lesser running costs in lower priced diesel cars. But if you really want one buy the Maruti one and go to the Nexa showroom because from my experience they are very professional and brilliant.

If you still want a Toyota, keep your expectations very very low at the sales level. That said the service is on a whole new level, unbelievably professional and just top class.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:44   #1271
BHPian

Wasn't media embargo till 28th August. How did motorbeam publish the review today?
Old 25th August 2022, 18:51   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Wasn't media embargo till 28th August. How did motorbeam publish the review today?
They were probably a part of the media that wasn't invited for the review.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 19:54   #1273
BHPian

Motorbeam & 91wheels have published the write up review of Toyota Hyryder strange they didn’t followed the 28th August embargo.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-9a3b95cbce254396aa6f9a455f485870.jpeg  

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-0542520b10d3478a93fcf2f58102fe20.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 15:17   #1274
Senior - BHPian

A report on real-world fuel efficiency on the strong hybrid variant of the Hyryder

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-whatsapp-image-20220826-14.15.13.jpeg

Looking forward to the T-BHP review on Sunday! My biggest hope is that the refinement has not been sacrificed too much to keep costs low (if they are low, that is)
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 15:24   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A report on real-world fuel efficiency on the strong hybrid variant of the Hyryder

Attachment 2351170

Looking forward to the T-BHP review on Sunday! My biggest hope is that the refinement has not been sacrificed too much to keep costs low (if they are low, that is)
15.8 kmpl is what I can see on the odo. Is this a strong hybrid?

To extract such low mileage from a strong hybrid must be requiring very specialized skills, and maybe those skills could be a 101 course on "How not to drive a Hybrid".

I really find it hard to imagine that you will get such mileage in real life from a 1.5 litre hybrid. Something doesn't look right. I still am hopeful.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 26th August 2022 at 15:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks