Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 17:34   #586
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

The rear tailgate is flush with rear bumper. A trivial slow speed rear-end collision would dent the tailgate and result in body repair.

Strictly against the rule I presume, but I see no way in protecting the rear other than adding a bull bar to negate any unforeseen impacts!

IMHO, this is poor design by the engineers at the Design department or a strategic move to sell accessories / spares.
eccentric is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 17:52   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
I expect some XUV 700 cancellations which in turn would mean the wait periods will reduce.
Does not look like, after seeing the features and knowing the Toyota would always put these features+ Hybrid at a considerable premium.

With the above configuration, The Hycross could be introduced at 30 Lakh Ex showroom. This is approximately on the road price for XUV7oo.
Old 25th November 2022, 17:55   #588
BHPian

Did they mention abything about the wireless charging in either of the segments?

Also, based on past trends, does anyone has a decent guesttimate on what could be the pricing differnce between ZX and ZX(O)?

Thanks!
Old 25th November 2022, 18:02   #589
Senior - BHPian

Toyota should provide some special underpants as accessories made of tough material for the Men who dare to sit here A 60:40 seat was ideal.
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 18:08   #590
BHPian

Couldn't resist and booked mine.
ZX (O)
Sparkling Black
Old 25th November 2022, 18:11   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Looks like a worthy upgrade from my Hexa. No new launch in the last few years could match what the Hexa offers. So so bad of Tata to discontinue it.
Idiotic of Tata to 1st launch an amazing Tata Aria, with 6 Sunglass holders! ( ). Then to discontinue what was a more than decent Hexa.

Dont get me started on the missed opportunity for a decade that has been the Safari
Nucliomaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 18:17   #592
BHPian

Looks like Hycross misses out on the 2nd row entertainment screens that was shown in Indonesian model. In the videos shown, I couldn't see those and also, the back-pockets are also missing on the backside of the front seats.
gopalnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 18:43   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
With the above configuration, The Hycross could be introduced at 30 Lakh Ex showroom. This is approximately on the road price for XUV7oo.
You mean VX hybrid at 30 lacs ex showroom ? Then it has is no comparison with XUV700 w.r.t pricing/features.

If Toyota prices it starting above 30 lacs then XUV, Safari, Hector need not worry at all.
sulliavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 20:02   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
You mean VX hybrid at 30 lacs ex showroom ? Then it has is no comparison with XUV700 w.r.t pricing/features.

If Toyota prices it starting above 30 lacs then XUV, Safari, Hector need not worry at all.
i agree with you. someone who is looking to spend 30ish won't go 37-40 or beyond. a lac here or there is manageable. i am hoping toyota prices it well, but thats hoping against hope. toyota has milked their reputation all these years and i am pretty sure this one aint going to be cheap. i wish i'm proved wrong.

having said that, everyone at toyota would be constantly refreshing this thread plus the countless instagram comments to guage how high they can go on prices. this new trend is absolutely genius, but pathetic. genius for manufacturers and pathetic for the general audience.
amitverma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 20:13   #595
BHPian

This lady has called out little discomfort in seats due to somewhat hard backrest cushion compared to Crysta. Also, some use cases where ottoman may not be that useful like all 3 rows occupied or last row folded.

From specs here link
2nd Row seat (8 Seater) - 60:40 split with walk in slide
2nd Row seat (7 Seater) - Captain Seats with Walk-in Slide + Side Table
So, no one touch operated tilt and tumble 2nd row as current Crysta. Also, I see boss mode lever missing for front passenger seat unlike current Crysta and Safari.

GX automatic skips Cruise control, IMHO is deliberately done to push VX variant.

Autocar mentions, Toyota worked hard to reduce drumming effect due to hugh cabin by working extensively on insulation. Watch from 8:30 to 8:45 for same.

Last edited by varunswnt : 25th November 2022 at 20:42.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 20:15   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Made an online booking for the VX 8 seater variant right now. Paid Rs. 50,000/- as the booking amount. Why are dealers asking for 1 lakh as the booking amount?
Same story here. Tried booking online but there was no dealer listed for Guwahati inspite of one being available here. So decided to call the dealer and was shocked when they said they are taking booking for 1Lac.

I then called Toyota Customer care was told that not all dealers are listed for online booking and that while online booking is 50k, however offline booking via dealer is indeed 1L. When I asked for the reason for this disparity, all I got was, "its as per policy, sir"! "Go figure
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 20:43   #597
BHPian

I spoke to Lakozy Toyota here in Mumbai and the SA maintained the INR 100k booking amount. On asking about the online booking amount of INR 50k, he mentioned that they will be reaching out to the customers for additional INR 50k. The Hycross looks an awesome product and removes almost all the complaints I have from Innova. I am somehow resisting booking it right away, will sleep over this and take a call during the weekend. One observation - the AVN's resolution looks ordinary in one of the online reviews. Any inputs on the same from any fellow member who may have attended the unveiling.
Old 25th November 2022, 20:47   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I can't get sunroof and bench seat together.
Toyota MPVs have the seatbelt retractor for the centre passenger in the roof. With the panoramic roof there would be no place for the anchorage.

Wish the six airbags had been standard equipment. Wonder what happened to the knee airbag. Even the bZ4X does not have one. Probably a lap pretensioner instead.

Otherwise I'm quite impressed with the car. The ottomans make a very compelling case, at least for the snob factor if not for comfort. Hope it's not too much more expensive than the Crysta.

What happened to the rear seat entertainment system from the Zenix?

Last edited by ron178 : 25th November 2022 at 20:58.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:43   #599
BHPian

After paying roughly 35 lakhs for the top model, the chauffeur has ventilated seats but the boss doesn't get them at the middle row. This is a travesty This vehicle doesn't offer true luxury at all, IMHO Which are the lowest priced cars in our country that have ventilated seats for the rear passengers?
redohabitat is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:47   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova HYcross to be shared with Maruti Suzuki,

- Maruti Suzuki to dip its toes in the premium MPV market
- HyCross, will also be the first Toyota product to be imbibed by Maruti Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki will be allocated about 20 percent of the production volumes of the new HyCross
- Toyota Kirloskar to operate at full capacity in FY2024, to produce over 300,000 units

Link

Toyota Innova Crysta Vs. Innova HYcross :

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-1.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-2.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-3.jpg

Link

Key design Attributes of the HYcross, as presented:

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2022 at 22:14.
volkman10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks