Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 18:52   #511
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityasjaswal View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Kerb weight of the car is 1200 kgs and Gross Vehicle Weight is just 1545 kgs. That means it can only carry 345 kg additional weight. 4 adults ranging in 70-80 kg category along with their luggage could easily breach the 345 kg mark. A proper off-roader with solid axles and low range it certainly is, but, will it be an overlanding vehicle?
Only time will tell......
4 adults x70kgs is good for a daytrip with room to spare for luggage weight. Of course when overlanding it’s usually max 2 people. An upgraded shock absorber setup should cope with the excess weight.
My friendly suggestion - If you want to buy the Jimny for group outings then don’t keep only obese friends, please widen your friends circle to include some skinny guys…
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:39   #512
Senior - BHPian

The Jimny with its hatchback like length and width but with tall, boxy proportions; is taller than it is wide!

Especially in a boxy 4 door form factor which we associate with a 'jeepy' vehicle, its pint sized dimensions comes as a revelation next to a grown adult!

A bonsai like feeling, in love with it!

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 12th January 2023 at 19:56.
GeeTee TSI is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:41   #513
BHPian

Blindly booked a Bluish Black AT Alpha today for a token amount of 21000. Reference number and slip will be given tomorrow as informed by my local Nexa SA. My fourknotfour (Thar Crde) is getting a younger sibling. Will cancel if its too expensive (read more than 15) but otherwise ticks all my boxes. 5 door. Low Range. No def issues. Upright A pillar and windscreen. Decent electronics - camera and audio. Auto climate and Automatic albeit a 4 speed old one. My thar clutch has made me think of the clutch pedal and my left leg will be happy. May sell the thar if i take delivery so anyone looking at an immaculate Crde can keep connected. Attached is booking communication to dealer shared by SA.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-40439c71c1da4650984716b88601f558.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:42   #514
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
4. An upgraded shock absorber setup should cope with the excess weight.
Ironman has a readily available suspension upgrade for the Jimny.
As can be seen in these photos I took in Dubai 5 years back of the 3 door.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-fc54b5aa6273449db282aec129301ffa.jpeg  

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-5b221e5e3caf4128992376b2d77eebc4.jpeg  

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-4b8c6ec23b844c9ea7fd8d72994b6a81.jpeg  

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-b114c30bf4a14cb39ca08394b29f5faf.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:52   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings Team..
I just made a offline booking for 25k with my dealer.
Opted for Zeta Automatic in Sizzling Red/Granite Gray..
If it's priced above 15 lacs I said I shall cancel the booking.
No cancellation charges as per the Dealer.
Now the Wait begins.
Drive Safe.
In continuation to my earlier post regarding pre booking, my SA has shared these..
Everything was done on phone/WhatsApp..
What a way of booking a car!!!
I have got an OTP for Online booking/Saleztrac app.
I shall pursue my SA tomorrow for a Booking Number.
As per him, mine is the 1st booking in my City.
Any members have info on display vehicles..
Please share.
Thank you.
Drive Safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-img_20230112_194203.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-img_20230112_194034.jpg  

Last edited by matchvan : 12th January 2023 at 19:53.
matchvan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 20:14   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ironman has a readily available suspension upgrade for the Jimny.
As can be seen in these photos I took in Dubai 5 years back of the 3 door.
Right I use a complete Ironman kit on my Gypsy too. But upgrades are best savoured over a few years as one the notion of shortcomings start getting perceived and creep in. All except Rims and Tyres which I intend to do before driving it out of the showroom.

Edit: I am unable to find 205/75/15 AT Tyres so looks like I will have to go with 6J or 7J rims with 1” wheel spacers for 225/70/15 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
Blindly booked a Bluish Black AT Alpha today for a token amount of 21000.
21 or 25k?? I think what is happening is that Maruti is afraid their booking website will crash with direct end-user hits and prefer channelling the traffic via their dealer B2B Network connectivity via an internal app. Moreover direct refunds of 100s of cancellations will be a pain for them and best to leave it to dealers to weed out that aspect and overhead.

Last edited by Ragul : 12th January 2023 at 20:17.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 20:15   #517
BHPian

now that all of us have started dreaming of modding the jimny when we get one,.. here is one good one i had found on youtube. will get good ideas out of it am sure.

aasheeshmehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 20:23   #518
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshmehta View Post
now that all of us have started dreaming of modding the jimny when we get one,.. here is one good one i had found on Youtube. will get good ideas out of it am sure.
Thanks for committing me into emptying my wallet even before I purchased the Jimny. The bullbar looks like it’s not iron or metal because he lifted it so casually!
Old 12th January 2023, 20:31   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
I was given this receipt on booking @ 11000 INR

Attachment 2405207

Not sure how authentic it is but the model is said to be Jimny
You are right this is indeed a booking slip for Jimny AT . I got a call in the evening from Nexa Showroom in my area for booking the Jimny Alpha AT for 11000 and this can currently be done only in the showroom and not online.

On a side note this SUV needs to be shod with wider section tyres , current 195/80 R15 are way too skinny and don't look good at all . Alloys are really good looking but will they be able to accommodate 215 or 235 section R15 tyres is another thing . Finding butch looking R16 alloys for SUV is really hard .

Last edited by drift2race : 12th January 2023 at 20:33.
Old 12th January 2023, 20:33   #520

Quote:
4 adults x70kgs is good for a daytrip with room to spare for luggage weight. Of course when overlanding it’s usually max 2 people. An upgraded shock absorber setup should cope with the excess weight.
My friendly suggestion - If you want to buy the Jimny for group outings then don’t keep only obese friends, please widen your friends circle to include some skinny guys…
I genuinely hope the aftermarket accessories companies such as Ironman, ARB, etc do come to India and set up shop...But there is a catch...These companies have developed products for the 3 door Jimny...Whether the existing accessories would apply to the 5 door version is subject to debate...

I believe once 5 door version is sold globally only then 5 door specific after-market accessories would be available to the customers....

Old 12th January 2023, 20:38   #521
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Right I use a complete Ironman kit on my Gypsy too.

Edit: I am unable to find 205/75/15 AT Tyres

ad.
Pal.
Gypsy Stock Radial upgrade Recommendation is 205/70/15 not 75.

Ref Ironman:
Our pal @cooldube had put them on his gypsy which he subsequently sold. He was very appreciative of these.
And then our other pal Bibendum got that suspension from the chap who bought cooldube’s white gypsy and installed it on the green gypsy that he bought from me. And he is also very pleased with the ironman upgrade.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 21:25   #522
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
On a side note this SUV needs to be shod with wider section tyres , current 195/80 R15 are way too skinny and don't look good at all . Alloys are really good looking but will they be able to accommodate 215 or 235 section R15 tyres is another thing . Finding butch looking R16 alloys for SUV is really hard .
This cannot be labelled as a side note please! It is a nasty joke played compulsorily by many auto makers. Make everyone tempt and drool with dreamy floating images and associations of words like - SUV, 4x4, low-range, Butch looks, Masculine, Go-Anywhere capability… etc etc and then the camera pans down to reveal a SURPRISE!! CHICKEN LEGS!! (a.k.a super skinny Highway tires like on an Alto)… Muahawhawhahaha! (automaker has the last laugh!)

Then somebody will jump in and pontificate like how automakers do detailed market research to arrive at best/optimal tyre size based on economics and “what the public really wants”, “they know best on what people actually need” etc., etc.,
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 21:36   #523
BHPian

With baited anticipation awaited the launch of the Jimny! Seems to be a complete package. Will await a full review. Have driven a 1st gen Thar, a Gypsy, considered the Gurkha, toying with the idea of doing up a Mahindra Marshal to needs...5 door. Tending 50 on the clock...these aeroplanes like cockpits give me jitters...however happy to be corrected by Maruti.

However, the bells and whistles industry that has grown around the Thars, Gurkhas, Isuzus and now the Hilux will continue to refine and prosper with the Jimny....talking about the North-South divide, Indian automakers are really bridging it !!!

Mod Note: Our Maruti Jimny Auto Expo Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2023 at 06:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks