Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 16:28   #496
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Maruti could make a killing on this, provided the Jimny gets a similar amount of love from the non-enthusiast aam junta.
Yes, for the non-enthusiast aam junta Jimny is too small in size. People in India like their SUVs to be big. That is why Maruti has to price the Alpha AT little below the Thar Petrol AT. Will be interesting to see how they do it.

BTW, Jimny Zeta AT variant looks very tempting by going through the features it offers.
Old 12th January 2023, 16:29   #497
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The more I read the posts on the Jimny and Thar threads, the more I feel that many people are buying in to the hype
surely we are going to have some brand new second hand Jimnys due to mismatch with expectations.
Yes absolutely. The same way that many people became inveigled by the looks of the Thar and bought it with their eyes and hearts and then quickly realised it is not the ideal family vehicle and then experienced a serious level of Buyer’s Remorse, causing the second hand market to receive a number of lightly used Thars.

It is definitely going to be the same with the Jimny.
To quote the old Maruti advertising brochure tagline, While there certainly IS a Gypsy in everyone, a Gypsy or Jimny, is decidedly NOT for everyone. So ultimately the second hand car market and used car buyers will likely benefit.

Saying all of this, it is also very true that the whole Indian market dynamic is changing and the consumers are becoming more and more evolved and keen to explore and even embrace the new age lifestyle and freedom of go anywhere at anytime. Itis this new attitude driven behaviour which is leading the charge as far as powering sales of Thar and Jimny and suchlike.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th January 2023 at 16:32.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:38   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have received the booking number through a text message from MSIL system (system generated text message). The SA filled in the booking form with my details and obtained go ahead from me. Within 5 minutes I got this text message.

He informed the booking amount receipt will be shared by EOD.

He also forwarded me some screenshots of WhatsApp messages from some coordinator to the dealerships regarding the 25k booking amount. He deleted it within minutes!

No cancellation charge applicable for the pre-bookings done before the price reveal. Same for the Fronx also.
Can you post the SMS with relevant details blacked out. I haven't received any SMS and want to see what kind of message is sent. What booking number did you get.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:53   #499
BHPian

I was given this receipt on booking @ 11000 INR

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-screenshot-20230112-165037.jpg

Not sure how authentic it is but the model is said to be Jimny
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 17:12   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
I was given this receipt on booking @ 11000 INR

Attachment 2405207

Not sure how authentic it is but the model is said to be Jimny
Looks good. If it has a Customer ID and SOB number then you are good. I got a similar receipt as well.
Old 12th January 2023, 17:15   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have received the booking number through a text message from MSIL system (system generated text message). The SA filled in the booking form with my details and obtained go ahead from me. Within 5 minutes I got this text message.

He informed the booking amount receipt will be shared by EOD.

He also forwarded me some screenshots of WhatsApp messages from some coordinator to the dealerships regarding the 25k booking amount. He deleted it within minutes!

No cancellation charge is applicable for the pre-bookings done before the price reveal. Same for the Fronx also.

Adding the text message screenshot here, as requested by Traveler:
Thanks. I did not get any SMS but I did get the printed receipt mentioning my SOB Number. Last 4 digits are 16xx so I guess 1600 bookings are done already.

You can check your number and see what number you got.
Old 12th January 2023, 17:27   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thanks. I did not get any SMS but I did get the printed receipt mentioning my SOB Number. Last 4 digits are 16xx so I guess 1600 bookings are done already.

Well mine is 1611 and I did booking while launch was still going live. I doubt 16xx booking were done by that time; but still cant be sure.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 17:29   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Last 4 digits are 16xx so I guess 1600 bookings are done already.

My booking number SOB*** Last 4 digits are 42xx.

I am out of station now. Did the entire coordination through WhatsApp only, without having a single phone call with the SA. Booking amount was paid through net banking (I had their Bank details from an old pricelist).

Now received the booking amount money receipt also. There is an allotment number mentioned. I guess this is a dealership level reference number.

Last edited by RijuC : 12th January 2023 at 17:52.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 17:35   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Well mine is 1611 and I did booking while launch was still going live. I doubt 16xx booking were done by that time; but still cant be sure.
Mine is 1631, pretty close together. I also did just after they announced that bookings are open. Roughly around 11.30 or 12PM.

It sure looks like they got 1600 + bookings by 11 AM. Another member here got 42xx at around 4 PM. So it definitely is a running serial number and clearly means number of bookings.

Last edited by Traveler : 12th January 2023 at 17:40.
Old 12th January 2023, 17:38   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My booking number SOB*** Last 4 digits are 42xx.

I am out of station now. Did the entire coordination through WhatsApp only, without having a single phone call with the SA. Booking amount was paid through net banking (I had their Bank details from an old pricelist).
Looks like more than 4k booking done till 4 PM. Seeing your number and comparing it with my and another members number. We both have 16xx and we both did the booking just after the announcement at 11 AM.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:07   #506

My Nexa salesperson here at Kolkata just called me and confirmed they are taking bookings which will be fully refundable if price is not as per our liking. I had bought my Baleno from him in 2019 and have been occassionally asking him about the Jimny for the past one and a half years. Last I talked to him was 4months ago, its exceptional that he remembered me.
Will be going to the showroom on the 22nd to make a booking. I've been waiting for this car since my childhood. I can finally own a hard top 4x4 Gypsy.

Please Maruti, please get the price on point. Dont be a bandit and loot me! Fingers crossed.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:28   #507

Has anyone noticed that the Kerb weight of the car is 1200 kgs and Gross Vehicle Weight is just 1545 kgs. That means it can only carry 345 kg additional weight. 4 adults ranging in 70-80 kg category along with their luggage could easily breach the 345 kg mark. A proper off-roader with solid axles and low range it certainly is, but, will it be an overlanding vehicle?

Only time will tell......
Adityasjaswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:45   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityasjaswal View Post
A proper off-roader with solid axles and low range it certainly is, but, will it be an overlanding vehicle?

The 3 door Jimny has already been tested worldwide with a rooftop tent for overlanding, safe to say the 5 door will have similar performance.
One of the notable channel on Jimny overlanding for your reference:

Zanskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:46   #509
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityasjaswal View Post
A proper off-roader with solid axles and low range it certainly is, but, will it be an overlanding vehicle?

Do check out this series of youtube videos.
They ought to answer some of your points.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:49   #510
BHPian

A friend just booked it at the Nexa dealer in Delhi today.

Paid 11k as booking amount. The sales advisor expected the ex showroom price to be around 10 lacs.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks