Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 15:00   #481
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India

'Fronx' option is now available in the drop-down list on Nexa website for e-booking. Guess, the Jimny option will also be available in some time.

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-nexa.jpg
Old 12th January 2023, 15:05   #482
BHPian

If the ride quality is compliant in city conditions, we can find the sales numbers above 10k a month.

I get the feeling the premium pricing for this product will work in MS favour
Old 12th January 2023, 15:07   #483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Off-line mode, 25k bank transfer.
Thanks. Booked mine with the local Nexa dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Official booking amount is Rs. 11000/-. Don't give 25k. I booked by visiting a Nexa Dealer and they booked it for 11k and gave me a receipt as well.

Best to book it at the Dealer.
Grrr! I am not sure but looks countrywide Nexa dealers are qouting 25k booking amount. Doesn’t make a difference to me since it is not an “If I decide to buy” but a “Will Buy” for me. Just need to get a fair price on exchange of Jimny factory alloys rims and tyres with 7J rims and 225/70/15 Apterra AT2 tyres.

Then swap out the white LED headlamps in the Alpha variant for the Zeta projector lamps and figure out how to change the lights to yellow around 4200K color temperature (I hear changing ballast wattage can do this trick?). I hate white lights!

QQ: With HSRP number plates coming from showroom - is it necessary to make an RTO visit for vehicle inspection? I want to swap out for fatter rims and tyres from showroom itself on delivery day and dont want whimsical objections from RTO.

Last edited by Ragul : 12th January 2023 at 15:32.
Ragul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 15:11   #484
BHPian

My SA informed me that booking amount is 11k at 11:46 hrs and I transferred the money. Later at 13:10 hrs he informed that booking amount for Jimny is 25k. 11k is for the Baleno SUV/ Fronx.

By the way, this Frox looks cool. Shoulder lines near C pillar look so good.
Old 12th January 2023, 15:33   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
My SA informed me that booking amount is 11k at 11:46 hrs and I transferred the money. Later at 13:10 hrs he informed that booking amount for Jimny is 25k. 11k is for the Baleno SUV/ Fronx.
I have an identical experience. Booked it with 11k and the SA called and asked for an additional 14K saying that they just received an email from MSIL asking them to collect a revised amount. Not very believable but little choice after parting with 11k.
Old 12th January 2023, 15:52   #486
BHPian

Finally it's here! Not keen on offline booking (bad past experience). Will book as soon as online booking opens, till them I'm refreshing Nexa E-booking page every 10 minutes!
Old 12th January 2023, 15:55   #487
BHPian

With the Thar AWD Petrol AT sitting at around 15 lacs ex-showroom, the Jimny surely will have to be priced cheaper than that.

In my mind the Thar has more presence, similar off road capability (if not better) and better driving performance.
So ideally, Maruti will/should price the top end Jimny at around the 13 lac mark.

I think the 10-13 lac mark is the sweet spot for this car.
Maruti could make a killing on this, provided the Jimny gets a similar amount of love from the non-enthusiast aam junta.
Old 12th January 2023, 15:58   #488
BHPian

They have now removed the E- Book option for Jimny from the Nexa website. Wonder how much time they are gonna take to decide the pricing when they still seem undecided on the booking amount. Lots of confusion around the 11k vs 25k.
Maruti certainly could have done better..
Old 12th January 2023, 16:09   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
I have an identical experience. Booked it with 11k and the SA called and asked for an additional 14K saying that they just received an email from MSIL asking them to collect a revised amount. Not very believable but little choice after parting with 11k.
Same for me as well. Booked with 11k and then paid another 14k just now. Seems Maruti wants to see the commitment level of people booking the car before deciding the pricing.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:10   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the Zeta feature list, am pretty sure it is going to have aggressive pricing, but at the same time it has all the useful features too including safety features and off-roading features as standard, putting a question mark on how Maruti will price. Most of the missing features look like they can be easily done aftermarket or DIY, wit

The only real feature that I will miss in the Zeta is the Dark Green glass, which I am assuming is the UV cut glass. It misses power foldable mirrors too, while the headlight washers is more of a want than need, given that I can't recall any car below 40 lakhs that has headlight washers at present.

Also the Kinetic Yellow could be had only with the black roof? Hope the yellow isn't limited to the Alpha.

Last edited by DicKy : 12th January 2023 at 16:17.
Old 12th January 2023, 16:15   #491
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-screenshot-20230112-4.06.21-pm.png

Was comparing the approach/departure angles with 3-door Jimny. Major difference is in the Ramp breakover angle. Maybe the experts can throw some light on how much difference will it make in real life off road condition and will a lift kit take care of this small shortcoming.
Zanskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:16   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Looking at the Zeta feature list, am pretty sure it is going to have aggressive pricing, but at the same time it has all the useful features too.

The only real feature that I will miss in the Zeta is the Dark Green glass, which I am assuming is the UV cut glass. It misses power foldable mirrors too, while the headlight washers is more of a want than need, given that I can't recall any car below 40 lakhs that has headlight washers at present.
Headlight washers are really useful and important on trails, especially in rains. Even on highways when you are following other cars the headlights get really dirty if it is wet. I have had to stop and clean the headlights on more than one occasion due to lights getting covered with muck. The green glass would be similar to the one which comes in Baleno and yes its the UV cut and makes a lot of difference in keeping the cabin cool.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:19   #493
BHPian

A little birdie from the Nexa showroom management said the deliveries should start by March first week.

Pricing should be 10-16L on-road according to him. I am little doubtful on the price though, but he is sure of it.

Make of it what you will.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:22   #494
BHPian

The more I read the posts on the Jimny and Thar threads, the more I feel that many people are buying in to the hype and the image rather than understanding and buying the product based on the purpose for which it was built. Like some people have already mentioned in threads previously, surely we are going to have some brand new second hand Jimnys due to mismatch with expectations.
Carma2017 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:26   #495
BHPian

I have received the booking number through a text message from MSIL system (system generated text message). The SA filled in the booking form with my details and obtained go ahead from me. Within 5 minutes I got this text message.

He informed the booking amount receipt will be shared by EOD.

He also forwarded me some screenshots of WhatsApp messages from some coordinator to the dealerships regarding the 25k booking amount. He deleted it within minutes!

No cancellation charge is applicable for the pre-bookings done before the price reveal. Same for the Fronx also.

Adding the text message screenshot here, as requested by Traveler:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door caught testing in India-screenshot_202301121646322.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 12th January 2023 at 16:52.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks