Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 17:33   #256
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

Looking at the contenders from the given list, the cars which come closure to win the title of Team-BHP Car of the Year-2022 are Kia Carens, Toyota Hyryder and Mahindra Scorpio N. All these three cars have their own USPs. Kia Carens with spacious interior, good engine, sorted driving dynamics is a real world practical car. Toyota who dared to launch excellent Hybrid engine with Hyryder which excels in fuel efficiency. While home grown Mahindra has came long way who have grabbed the nerve of Indian customers with its SUVs. Scorpio N is leap and bound ahead from its successor in terms of engine specifications, Styling, Suspensions, Five Star Safety and electronic gizmos.

All the cars which are in race for Car of The Year are best in their unique space but my final cote goes for Big Daddy of the SUVs Mahindra Scorpio N.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:59   #257

My vote goes for the Tata Tiago EV for the following reasons:

1. Small EV with decent range, suitable for most city driving applications.

2. Affordable price, which makes it a good EV alternative for a lot of customers looking for cars in the 10L range.

3. Tata's proven technology from building EVs (Nexon EV and Tigor EV).

However, Tata's customer and aftersales service is criminally horrendous (experienced this in Aug '22 for the purchase of Nexon EV max). I don't understand why upper management doesn't do anything to improve this (I see and hear many other complaints from BHPians and friends).

Another interesting observation is that the Skoda Slavia and the VW Virtus have a combined vote of 326. Since they are essentially the same car, it would make it the car in second place after the Mahindra Scorpio N.
Anirudhneni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 19:12   #258

Great products lined up in 2022. I appreciate all the marvelous engineering and uniqueness brought in by the automobile brands. I have always felt that Hybrids should have been the focus initially to reach the EV. However CAMRY was the only competent product which is there for long. Had it been given some subsidies, it would be interesting to see how many Hybrids we would have seen on roads by now.

EVs have a long way to go. I am happy that Big Indian automobile brands like Tata and Mahindra taking EVs seriously. I am looking forward for better battery technologies to be incorporated in cars. India's mass market is cost conscious and I am sure Tata's Tiago's introduction will inspire and pave the way for healthy competition by other products in that segment. My vote goes to Tata Tiago.

The second one in the list is Toyota Urban cruiser Hyryder. This is for transforming their age old and reliable hybrid technology into a fast moving segment of SUVs in INDIA. After all peoples range anxiety is cut off by Hybrids take take them far than usual Petrol and EV cars.
Old 12th December 2022, 20:03   #259
BHPian

My vote goes to hybrid technology cars as I find it more sustainable under present energy scenario. More importantly reliable brands like Honda and Toyota are bringing this technology to India. Cheers to them! Among the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (or Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara) and Honda City e:HEV, I would like to vote for Honda City e:HEV as it comes with 4 cylinder Atkinson Cycle engine.
Old 13th December 2022, 00:16   #260
BHPian

Voted for Tiago EV.

It's the FIRST mass market, practical and affordable EV in India.
Old 13th December 2022, 06:30   #261
Senior - BHPian

I’m old school. Eyes closed, it had to be Scorpio. As confusing as BOTY is this time, COTY is exactly the opposite.
Old 13th December 2022, 06:49   #262
BHPian

I am in favour of the latest technology. Hence my vote would go to the hybrid twins, Toyota Hyryder and Maruti GV. Both the products are offering the latest in hybrid tech. They are frugal, good to drive, loaded to the gills, economical and bring the features to the mass market. Their safety rating is still to be confirmed though.
Old 13th December 2022, 10:40   #263
BHPian

I voted for Scorpio N and I am listing the reasons below.

1. Mahindra has been known for its rugged and abuse-friendly engines for many years. With N, they have added comfort and class to it. It is an unbeatable combination.

2. The N gives a real feeling of "Big Daddy" when you drive it. It is very difficult to explain but other cars just don't give that same "feeling".

3. The response of the N is superb. Its is a very exciting car to drive, even better than XUV700, where the power output is very linear. When you floor the accelerator of N, you can actually feel its eagerness to burst forward.

4. The ONLY body-on-frame vehicle to get 5 star NCAP rating. That shows the build quality and the engineering that has gone into it.

5. The only true SUV that is BOF with rear-wheel drive.

6. This car is made for Indian roads and for Indians whose driving habits are not always very refined.

7. Unmatchable features and other provisions at the price point at which it is offered.

8. I think it's the most value-for-money SUV on Indian roads as of date.

9. Mahindra has pulled up its socks with respect to after-sales service and customer service.

10. Last but not least. It's the most badass-looking vehicle on road presently. There is instant respect that I have seen and felt.
Old 13th December 2022, 10:44   #264

Voting for Grand Vitara - bringing hybrid to affordable levels
x017in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:36   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Another interesting observation is that the Skoda Slavia and the VW Virtus have a combined vote of 326. Since they are essentially the same car, it would make it the car in second place after the Mahindra Scorpio N.
Going by this, the second spot is taken by the hyryder/grand vitara siblings with a combined vote count of 443.
skarface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:57   #266
BHPian

The downsides of having multiple cars on the same platform - votes are getting split!

I feel bad for the hybrid twins and the SAVW twins - both are fantastic products, with the hybrid tech bringing in a breath of fresh air (literally!)
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 16:28   #267
BHPian

Voted for ScorpioN. I really liked the product like many others on the list. but if I have to buy one from the list it will be ScorpioN. Feels true SUV, looks good, great NCAP rating. should be great for traveling. If only the middle row could slide, apart from that I am pretty much sold for the product. Second on the list for me would be Tiago EV, kudos to TATA for bringing EVs to a more affordable range.

I could buy ScorpioN for traveling, & family trips and Tiago EV for all the in-city runs.
Old 13th December 2022, 16:42   #268
BHPian

Voted Scorpio N for COTY. VW Virtus was my second choice. I voted based on the road presence and functionality that these cars offer. If I can buy only one car from this list and use it for city drives, long road trips, and visits to my native, then it has to be the ScorpioN.

P.S.: Why is Force Urbania not in this list?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 13:43   #269

Scorpio-N

- Safety first
- Value for money, no doubt
- The step changes made in the product compared to the former generation are too refined, almost unimaginable to see what a quality product the new Scorpio is.
Old 15th December 2022, 14:21   #270
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio-N.

What I like most about the vehicle is the design, surprisingly nothing extravagant like a few other Mahindras are these days. Yet the SUV looks striking and carries forward the old school Scorpio design. The potent powertrains further add flavour. It is unmistakably SCORPIO!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks