Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 22:31   #241
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

Voted for Tata Tiago ev.

A sub 10lakh car that will determine how We all will Drive in near future.
sunnsood is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 23:54   #242
BHPian

Voted for Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder.

It brings the hybrid technology to mass market segment, and that's a novelty. For the environment, it's perhaps the best possible thing at the moment with respect to emissions from a car. I have recently been to UK and every other Toyota on the road in London is hybrid.

It drives well. Sure it's not a very powerful car, but for normal driving including highway drives, I don't think I'd find any serious lack of power.

For an SUV, the car is planted very well on the road. It is easily maneuverable with mature ride and very acceptable handling.

It's a well-rounded car, has decent looks, pleasing interiors, nice set of features, good space, acceptable build quality, decent steering and transmission. Boot space is the only negative.

Last edited by asitkde : 11th December 2022 at 23:57.
asitkde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 00:33   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I voted for the Tata Tiago EV.
  1. Its truly significant given the mass market segment in which it lands.
  2. Takes real world usable EV to the households, without any real shortcomings.
  3. A tried & tested donor car - customers aren't test subjects. Can be trusted to be reliable.
  4. ZipTron is also now well tested & has not been complained about by users for reliability issues. Definitely confidence inspiring.
  5. Fills the EXACT void in which real practical EVs can be put to use. Perfect city run-abouts or 2nd cars with all the bells & whistles, respectable range per charge & proven safety record.
A no-nonsense car. Tiago EV can be the mass-market revolution, that its spiritual predecessor - Indica Diesel - was.
Perfectly summarised all the thoughts I had in mind. If there is one car in this whole long list that has got my attention, it is the Tiago EV. So my vote goes to the Tiago EV, in spite of the horror stories that we hear about how Tata motors treat their customers. After all we are voting for the car of the year, not the best service centre of the year.
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:10   #244
BHPian

For me the 2 main contenders are the Virtus and C3 Turbo. Both the cars provide the kind of driver engagement I like in 10 lakhs and 20 lakhs budget, respectively.

Virtus is a gorgeous looking car that has the right proportions for a sedan. Yes, the ground clearance is a little ungainly but coming from a Punto, I don’t mind it given the kind of peace of mind it provides on our roads. Both the engines 1.0 and 1.5 tsi are fun to drive and the ride and handling balance is pretty good. 5 star NCAP (of its siblings) is just the cherry on the cake!

Citroen C3 Turbo is a barebones car but has the right ingredients to plaster a smile on the driver’s face. The ride and handling balance is also supposedly decent (yet to test drive) and the 1.2 turbo is a punchiest engine in the segment.

Eventually I am gravitating more towards the Virtus as I see it as my Punto upgrade, whenever the time comes.

Last edited by Waspune : 12th December 2022 at 10:13.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:40   #245
BHPian

I would pick the Hyryder/Grand Vitara. Voted for the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder as it is the big T which is responsible for the Hybrid powertrain. I've seen quite a few on the road recently and it has good presence. These twins are the ones which I would put my money on among the others listed.
Old 12th December 2022, 11:00   #246
HKP
BHPian

I did not vote! Couldn't convince me to vote for any of these and 'None of the Above' is not an option! 🤔

Quite honestly 2022 is one of those years where we don't have anything wow in this space. Scorpio N was the closest but not the TBHP car of the year.

So NOTA for me!

//hkp
HKP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 11:15   #247
BHPian

Voted: Virtus

I understand why the votes would flock to the Scorpio N or the Innova Hycross (which I have booked but dithering if I should actually buy) but purely as a driver, and this is a Team BHP poll, I had to opt for Virtus (GT please) for the sheer combination of understated elegant looks, an incredible engine & gearbox combination and top notch safety while being made in India.

I am still in a dilemma if I should give into "practical considerations - space, resale, mileage" and get the Hycross or listen to my heart and buy the Virtus GT, which would most probably be the last ICE car I buy before going full EV towards the end of the decade.
Old 12th December 2022, 11:42   #248
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Voted for Scorpio-N because:

Nothing has quite pulled at my heartstrings like this one in the past few years.
But not everything is perfect. It would certainly help with:

1) 360 camera on Z8L and front camera on Z8
2) Petrol 4x4 AT
3) Carplay on launch

I guess 1) can be taken care of through aftermarket solutions and 3) is going to be released soon. I just wish M&M would release 2). How hard can it be? Thar has a 4x4 Petrol.
Old 12th December 2022, 12:49   #249
BHPian

After running through the complete list a couple of times over, I hit the button next to Baleno.

Checked out the car at a NEXA showroom recently, and it now has considerably better door panels and overall finish. Additions to the features list and the spruced up exterior lend a nice touch. The already well tuned powertrains offered add to the credibility of the car.

All in all a brilliant overall package backed by stupendous sales.
Old 12th December 2022, 13:01   #250
BHPian

Hi, though unable to vote being the newest member, I would love to vote for Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder. Reason being, it now comes with a full-hybrid system giving excellent mileage per litre, looks quite stunning in person, also has a MT variant with Suzuki All-Grip which is quite an USP, Toyota after sales service is consistent, Toyota reliability is second to none, comes as a breath of fresh air amongst a sea of Cretas and Seltos. Only downside being, compromised boot space on hybrid variant and the PRICE!
Old 12th December 2022, 13:01   #251
BHPian

Voted for the Virtus

Reasons being:
  1. Engines and gearbox combinations (has something for the layman and enthusiasts as well)
  2. Safety - we can easily expect similar results to the Kushaq/Taigun.
  3. Good 179mm ground clearance - makes you wonder if you really need that pseudo SUV? For those who don't want a high seating position, a sedan makes sense.
  4. Performance & handling - default enthusiasts choice this side of 20L. Have to commend VW/Skoda for being brave and making this accessible to all.
  5. Looks - though this is a subjective issue, this is a proper 3-box, with dollops of understated elegance. Classy looking car that will definitely age gracefully down the years.
  6. Good variant spread - for those on tight budget the Comfortline is surprisingly well equipped. (One complaint-Where is the manual GT variant VW?)
My second choice would have been the Toyota Hyryder.
John316_WRC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 13:40   #252

My Vote wll go for Tata Tiago EV. Because the pricing at which it has been launched it is a steal. As jio entered the market becoming the second sim, EVs are also going to enter the market by becoming the 2nd car or city car initially for many users and then when they have faith in EVs and the ecosystem and charging facilities upgrade to a level, the EVs will become mainstream. I feel that Nexon Ev is a great Ev with very good pricing but below 10 L pricing for a EV which is anyway used as a city car by most of the buyers, makes sense and will change the complexion of the EV market in India in the next 2-3 years.

I had taken a test drive of TATA NEXON EV and was blown away by the smooth and silent single pedal driving experience. So anybody looking for a City ar or commuter car for office or daily duties should consider Tiago Ev instead of the Marutis because in a 4-5 year period it can easily offset the price premium paid for the Ev and then reap profits. When an Automatic Alto costs 5L and upwards in todays market then why should not you buy a Tiago ev at 9 L with pure Automatic and truly silent driving experience and saving almost 70- 80 % of fuel cost in every km. Isn't it amazing?
gopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:33   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio N scores 5 stars on GNCAP for Adult occupants safety, 3 stars for Child safety.

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N-screenshot_20221212143525_instagram.jpg

Deserving TeamBHP COTY 2022!!

Way to go Mahindra!

Other shameful performers -

Swift - 1 star Adult safety, 1 star Child safety
Ignis - 1 star adult safety, 0 star Child safety
Spresso - 1 star adult safety, 0 star Child safety

I honestly expected better from Ignis.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th December 2022 at 14:37.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:25   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Though I am not exactly enthralled by brand Mahindra but their products do have the innate toughness that's the norm for most products from the stable. Why COTY? Because I want Indian manufacturers to now focus sharply on safety what with improved roads leading to higher speeds in cities and on the highways. I'd rather be in a big burly Mahindra than a pretty but more reliable Maruti product (IYKWIM) though I also fervently wish Mahindra and Tata work hard on improving quality out of the gate.

2nd choice? M-S Grand Vitara This model has a rep and a certain charm like the Jimny.
Old 12th December 2022, 17:28   #255
BHPian

Voted for the Slavia as a heart over head choice. Haven't had a sedan turn my head in that price range for a long time. Sheer Car-isma!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks