Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 14:47   #181
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

Please suggest how does one vote here? I am unable to find a voting button or link.
Thanks & regards,
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedCyborg View Post
A general question: Are members who have recently joined the forum allowed to vote? I got my membership approval on November 30.
On the polling page, it says "You may not vote on this pole". Is this perhaps because I am still a newbie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Please suggest how does one vote here? I am unable to find a voting button or link.
Thanks & regards,
Newbies cannot vote. Once you will have finished 25 posts , you should be able to then.

On to the actual topic , I have voted for the Scorpio N. The looks are damn appealing and clearly Mahindra has a hatrick.

Last edited by r24x7 : 9th December 2022 at 15:22.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:24   #183
Team-BHP Support

Voted: Kia EV6

I know this is an outlier, but to me this was one of the most exciting launches of the year. Its not a mere halo launch, they’re committing more numbers beyond the initial 100.

Its a proper ground up EV, knocking on luxury car territory on pricing and yet something that customers seem to have lapped up for now. I believe there is a huge opportunity for manufacturers outside the big three Germans and similar luxury competitors to bring in solid offerings in the 35 - 70 lakh range. The EV 6 is a fantastic “proof of concept” to that end and kudos to Kia to taking that bold step and establishing that precedent which will not only benefit the Hyundai twins but also other manufacturers to consider this segment more seriously.

Watching this space with interest and an EV in this broad price and size segment will certainly be on my mind in 3 - 4 years from now.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:30   #184
BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder, thats the one I would vote for. I am someone who believes that the future is going to be a mix of Hybrid and Electric Powertrains. Toyota has made hybrid technology somewhat accessible with the Hyryder and in the next few years there will be more hybrids in the market and as a precursor to that, this vehicle is a very important launch for the automobile market as a whole. Its not perfect, but its a model that can drive up sales and be an introduction of sorts. God Speed
Old 9th December 2022, 15:53   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's time to look back at the year and cast your vote for The Team-BHP Car of the Year. This is where YOU - the BHPian - will choose our car of 2022. The Team-BHP COTY is by actual car owners & enthusiasts, not advertorial experts or paid judges. Just as well since us car owners are the ones who pay the auto industry's bills & actually drive the Indian car scene .

Listed here are the launches of 2022. Also included are some relevant high-points on each car, along with the market's response to it.
  • The contenders have been sorted in a price-ascending order (cheapest first).
  • It's only ALL-NEW cars that are included in our COTY award. That excludes the "refreshed" headlamp & tail-light versions, facelifts and engine variants.
  • This is a public poll. Other BHPians will be able to see what car you have voted for.
  • Models costing over ~60 lakh rupees, and many fully-imported-cars (CBUs), have been excluded from our COTY. Reason = Low relevance & commitment to the Indian marketplace.
  • Link to Team-BHP's 2021 COTY.
  • As has always been the case, we insist there will only be ONE Team-BHP Car of the Year. Why? Simply because we don't believe in handing out an award for the "floor mats of the year" or "best dual-tone coloured variant of 2022" (as examples). Some award ceremonies have 25 awards to ensure there's one for each car manufacturer (aka advertiser) in India. We have no such inclination, and will only focus on the best, most important new car of 2022.
Looking forward to your votes, and also the reasoning behind your choice. Thanks!
Has voting ended? I want to vote but cannot see any button.
Old 9th December 2022, 15:56   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote went to Volkswagen Virtus Simply for the fact that the group has rejuvenated a dying segment and presented a car which is stylish, fabulous looking and full of the required tech along with good engine options to boot. I could have voted for the Slavia as well since essentially both are same but then Virtus looks much better in my personal view with its clean lines.

When the whole scenario is bent on SUV’s, it’s commendable from VW group to come up with a fabulous product which is desirable and has evinced interest in the sedan segment once more.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:56   #187
BHPian

I have not considered these cars for the following reasons:

Alto: Any car that scores a zero star is not road worthy according to me and cannot be even called a passenger car in my books.

C3: The car that is supposed to loudly announce the arrival of its manufacturer struggles to even establish a name for itself as it lacks an automatic transmission and a huge list of feature omissions.

Baleno/Brezza/Glanza: A tried and tested formula that appeals to masses which can't boast of a standout/unique noteworthy feature for itself.

Carens: A car capable of carrying 8 people in a reasonable comfort cannot even assure their safety - a rather poor just managing a three star safety rating for a car boasting itself with huge feature-list.

Q3: The manufacturer struggling to cross 100 units per month should have priced this car at acceptable levels. Even as a product the Q3 fails to impress with missing feature list and a petrol only engine options.

Cooper SE: Not a practical car with an unacceptable range at this price point.

Atto 3: The manufacturer is yet to establish itself and an EV car in this price bracket at this point of time is a big no for me.

C-class: A luxury car from a true luxury brand. Overpriced with a mediocre engine that belong to several classes below.

The following cars are competent enough as a contender for the award:

Grand Vitara/Hyryder : A formula (SUV) that is already the most successful in this market does well with its exterior appearance coupled with an advanced strong hybrid technology dosen't make the cut owing to compromised boot space, ordinary interior and a dull performance.

Meridian: A good attempt from the manufacturer but priced exorbitantly. Meridian loses brownie points in performance and service network.

Hilux: A competent car as it has all the qualities expected to its target customers. It is a very niche segment appealing to an extremely limited set of potential buyers.

XC 40 Recharge/EV 6: Competent cars that delivers what is expected by the target customers. An EV in this price point where the technology is rapidly changing doesn't appeal to me.

Tiago EV: Bang on in delivering the essentials such as range, features, affordable pricing and compliant suspension but outclassed by the car of the year 2022.

Tucson: It offers an executive SUV looks, classy interiors, plush ride and a balanced handling. It also gives the option for a petrol and a diesel matched with a capable auto transmission. The positioning could have been slightly lower but considering the current market scenario, this is too much asking for. But this capable product according to me is pushed to the second spot by another capable car as follows.

Now the cars that deserves the car of the year 2022:

Slavia/Virtus: Volkswagen deserves praise to have developed such a capable car that appeals to masses that too in a segment which is considered even by enthusiasts as a dying one. Be it the sheer performance, supreme handling and a complaint ride quality, five star safety, it delivers which no other car in this segment (plus a couple of segment above) can achieve. Although the interior quality could have been better (which can also be fixed in facelifts), this car delivers on these important parameters and deserves to the car of the year 2022. I am voting for Virtus as it has a slight edge over the Slavia in critical parameters.
CArspeed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:05   #188

For me, the car which i liked the most and missing from this list (for obvious reasons) is the Tata Nexon Diesel Manual. It has stolen my heart right from the time i laid eyes on it. It is a totally new car, when compared to the 2019 version. Tata have done a great job with the interiors and satisfied common citizens with extensive feature list. The ride quality and safety features are good enough to give the Korean twins a run for the money.

Coming back to the topic at hand, i feel, Toyota Urban cross hyryder mild hybrid is the game changing car for me in 2022. Toyota have always been a good value proposition and they have taken it a notch higher with this car. Having driven it, and the comfort level it provides, without burning too big a hole in your pocket, it is a terrific value proposition for middle class car buyers. Toyota has to work on its marketing strategy and increase its footprints in terms of dealer and service network to really do justice to this class vehicle. I would vote for it in my sleep.

Close second would be Skoda Slavia, just for sheer elegance and the classy engine response when you press the throttle, the joy of sedans...
Old 9th December 2022, 16:13   #189
BHPian

Voted for Strong Hybrids. I now own one so there is a slight bias (cannot deny ).

However, this bodes well for the Indian car market altogether. EV infrastructure and cost of EV cars will take time for mass acceptability.
With Toyota finally bringing the mature Hybrid technology to India, I am expecting strong hybrids to rule the roster for the next decade in the country. This epochal moment does favour the candidature of strong hybrids for 'COTY'- Car of the year
Old 9th December 2022, 16:24   #190
BHPian

Voted for Tata Tiago EV as i can partially relate to this product since i am using Tiago diesel since 2019. By Industry standards Tata has indeed made a comeback but there is enough scope to improve.
That said, what i really like about Tiago EV is
1) It is currently the most economical full EV available in the market "thanks to Tata for the 1st move in this area"
2) Tata is not dependent in terms of charging setups/battery manufacturing they have their very own setup, and it is increasing the capacity (Strong positive).
3) Instead of going in for a pure hybrid and complicated tech it is much recommended to go with full EV option especially when you have a number of products to choose from.
4) Hybrid tech is mostly with foreign companies & the products they offer do not appeal to the mass market + they are not economical to maintain.
5) Tiago EV is an excellent option for people who mostly end up driving in city conditions so no worries or range anxiety.
6) Since Tata made the 1st move, they are bound to learn more from their shortcomings & correct themselves when compared to other manufacturers.
Old 9th December 2022, 16:38   #191
BHPian

Couldn’t vote because I am still a newbie but my vote would have gone to VW Virtus. I feel its one of the best recently launched sedans and has brightened up the sedan segment, especially its fun to drive GT version.
Old 9th December 2022, 18:20   #192
BHPian

Voted for the Virtus. As an ex-Skoda customer, it was difficult to choose between the twins, but the VW trumps with some extra character. The photo used for the poll itself is striking a chord with me. My eyes just say this is the successor for Jetta, although with some demerits.
Old 9th December 2022, 18:49   #193
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Scorpio - N. It is the most accessible car to make you feel like king on our roads but costs less than 40% of next body-on-frame peer (read fortuner) which gives similar feelings.

-BJ
Old 9th December 2022, 19:13   #194
BHPian

My choice is Toyota Hyryder.
Right step in bringing in Hybrid to India. Hybrid will fit well for the Indian consumer.
Looks good. good performance. Boot space with Hybrid model is dampener.
A first right step for Toyota for winning big in Hybrid segment.
Just waiting for Innova Hycross.
Old 9th December 2022, 19:19   #195
BHPian

Voted for Skoda Slavia, actually for the variant line up which includes a fantastic 1.5 MT option, apart from build, space and features.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks