Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 08:59   #76
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

As soon as I saw the COTY thread today morning, without even looking at the contender list I thought of voting a Mahindra or a Tata for the crown. Later it boiled down to Slavia or Virtus for me, for looks Virtus was the winner in my mind, but considering exterior and interior package SLAVIA is, I fixed my vote for SLAVIA.

Based on all the permutations and combinations, I wanted the manufacturer to be patted for providing SAFE cars to the Indian market.
Old 8th December 2022, 09:28   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Alto K10

The first time I saw the Scorpio was in a 2003 Autocarindia magazine, where Anand Mahindra and another person doinga champagne toast over a blue Scorpio when it won the COTY. All I could think was, "What is that Chinese looking thing" Ofcourse, years later I was impressed by how it drove vis-a-vis the Safari, but as an overall vehicle it never impressed me. Be it the size:space ratio or the fit and finish. But kudos to Mahindra for keeping the essence of Scorpio alive with the ScorpioN (unlike TATA who butchered the Safari name). For all its shortcomings, I can genuinely imagine owning this and living with it, unlike the earlier Scorpio.

So voted for ScorpioN.

Alto K10- The market has moved forward.

Maruti Grand Vitara, Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Would have voted for the twins, purely on the basis of them making hybrids mainstream. Only if they had a more powerful turbo petrol.

Toyota Hilux- if I had to pick one vehicle from this list, this would be it. But niche positioning and ambitious pricing, I naively wished Toyota would go full blast and bring all the Hilux versions here and price it equal to the Innova.In the overall picture, this would be a insignificant happening for the indian market.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class- C300d is a desirable one for me. But the new Merc interiors + pricing + fact that it is a luxury brand means no vote.
Old 8th December 2022, 09:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
...XUV 400 do not feature in COTY poll?
XUV4OO is not even launched yet, right?
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:37   #79
BHPian

It was a difficult call between Scorpio-N and Virtus/Slavia. I went ahead with Scorpio-N.

I like BoF Diesel SUVs, they are rugged, durable and can take abuse. I mean 'abuse' abuse and not once a year off-roading. We are talking about moon craters in Bangalore. Besides they benchmarked it against Ford Endeavour. We all know how much we, Team-BHPians simp for Endeavour
Old 8th December 2022, 09:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

I was confused between Skoda Slavia and Grand Vitara.

Voted for Grand Vitara as I think this is the most balanced product launched this year.

I did not consider Scorpio-N during voting because:
1. Car has unreasonable waiting list.
2. More cars will be launched by the time one gets delivered to someone who books today.
3. Price of the car will not be the same by the time of delivery.
All these factors make it an impractical buy as of now. Once Mahindra can deliver cars within 2-3 months of the booking, I will start taking their cars seriously.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
XUV4OO is not even launched yet, right?
Yes sgmuser, it's not launched. Maybe I overlooked at the categories .

My vote goes to ScorpioN.

This will easily be the Car of the year , simply because it is a perfect evolution of the legendary Scorpio. Of course No SUV comes with short comings with space in middle and third rows, but if we focus on the rest of the aspects, it does a clean sweep on it's own. I'm hoping that it would have decent sales

I could have voted the Slavia/ Virtus or the Urban Cruiser Hyryder/ Grand Vitara. But while the sedan twins from Skoda and Volkswagen are good, it however felt nothing different from the Kushaq/ Taigun in terms of equipment and powertrain list.

Hyrider and Grand vitara left me unimpressed , no matter how much ever I tried to convince that these cars are mainstream strong hybrids, the overall offering left me feeling like more work should have been done as a final product ( sunroof shade, dashboard design, engine etc).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th December 2022 at 13:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged, gows > goes.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 10:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Scorpio N.

Mahindra knew this SUV is very important to the Indian market and they just hit it out of the park in terms of design, ruggedness, ride/handling, NVH & power. Simply put, they made this a blind choice for someone who needs a tough but city friendly SUV within 25 Lacs.

Currentlly, IMHO the Scorpio N has no true competition as it has carved out a niche market segment for itself and that itself is it's biggest USP.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:11   #83
BHPian

Voted for BYD Atto3. It is the most usable EV in a somewhat affordable range. Blade batteries will last a lifetime and can be re-purposed for energy storage later. The car can double as a power source for a farmhouse. It is definitely a step-above anything else in that price range. Acceleration and driveability will be better than anything else < 50L. The only thing missing is AWD.

This car wont be popular as the brand is low-key and chinese. But this is the kind of car that all cars should be like.
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 10:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Toyota Hyryder.
I feel the Maruti Grand Vitara/Toyota Hyryder should have been bunched into one given how they are very largely the same car.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:31   #85
BHPian

Voted for the Meridien. It's a unique product which others, at least to my recollection, don't have.

A diesel, 4x4, 7 seater. Of course, there are features missing etc. but in a land of petrol guzzlers (read: Kodiaq) and FWD (read: Innova), this is the only 7 seater diesel with a 4x4 and also has a good reputation for it's go-anywhere capability.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

I must admit that I already had a bias towards Scorpio as soon as I saw the poll and the list of cars. I did not dwell too much to think over merits / demerits this time around like i would usually do. M&M has been on a roll for 2years now and their winning streak continues with Scorpio. It may not be perfect but it betters the old Scorpio which was an icon by a huge margin. Makes me super proud that an Indian manufacturer has such a hold on the SUV market and the products they sell are up there with the best of the competition.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:33   #87
BHPian

Voted for Tiago EV. Its going to start a EV revolution in India. Its the most affordable EV thats a proper hatch with decent performance and range. While we should anticipate niggles in initial years, I feel its going to be a real deal in 2 years time. Build quality too can be expected to be solid and is sure going to be one of the safest EVs.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:57   #88
BHPian

My Vote would be for the Slavia. While it is not the perfect car and surely has its own flaws combined with the Skoda after sales experience and reliability issues with DSG (in the 1.5AT), this car (along with Virtus) has brought back the interest in Sedans in the Indian market. Happy to see sedans getting some love in the SUV/Crossovers dominated market after long time!
Old 8th December 2022, 10:59   #89
BHPian

My vote is for ScorpioN

I'm in market to buy a family SUV, following options considered and test driven

Kia Carens: Superb package, spacious for 6 adults, feature rich, drives nice, city friendly and loaded with features except for 360 degree camera. Gets my vote, if they have built it safe.

Scorpio N: Drove XUV 700 and Scorpio N back to back in petrol avatar, i have to agree that ScorpioN is a pure driver car, feels like you are king of the road. I have no doubt, one of the best cars for sale in India.

Skoda Kodiaq: Wifey feels it looks a station wagon and no street presence. So didnt even ask for test drive. I shortlisted it for AWD, parking assist, 360 camera and dynamic chassis control. Nothing below offers DCC below 50 lakhs.

Got call from Mahindra dealer this week, that vehicle has been dispatched, I could say i considered cars between 22 lakhs and upto 50 lakhs and without doubt Scorpio N offers best value and fun.
Old 8th December 2022, 11:09   #90
BHPian

I had a tough time deciding between the Virtus/ Slavia and the ScorpioN. The enthusiast in me is pitching for the sedan (I will pick a sedan over an SUV any day) but the logical part of my brain is wanting me to choose the Scorpio, considering this is much more relevant for the Indian market.

Ultimately voted for the ScorpioN, but I will buy the Virtus 1.5 any day if I were to choose which of these will be in my garage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks