Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2023, 11:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueNM View Post
Just asked my dealer to shift my Baleno Alpha AGS booking to Fronx Alpha Automatic, as my only reservation with Baleno was the AMT.
I’m guessing the premium over Baleno will be about 2L which should put it around 13.5L OTR.
I am looking for a daily office drive car for wife. Looking forward to Delta AGS or Delta plus AGS.

Delta plus has just 3 features extra over Delta.. Tri Reflector headlights, DRL and painted alloys.

Though I need first 2 but I just hate painted alloys as compared to diamond cut.

Any advice here as I feel both variants will be sub 10 Lacs on road Delhi.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:48   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
Delta plus has just 3 features extra over Delta.. Tri Reflector headlights, DRL and painted alloys.

Though I need first 2 but I just hate painted alloys as compared to diamond cut.
I think I’d depend on how Maruti prices these variants.
If they’re close, I’d suggest to go with Delta plus and live with the painted alloys for now. They can always be easily upgraded down the road.
TorqueNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:55   #33
BHPian

This new Fronx from Maruti has all the right signs of becoming a huge success. Here are a few of my observations based on the details revealed so far:

• I reside in the city of Mumbai where every bit of extra ground clearance is a blessing especially during the monsoons. Irrespective of whether the Fronx deserves to be termed an SUV or not, it offers more ground clearance than the Baleno and this makes it more practical than a regular hatchback for our streets.
• I recently had a close look at the Glanza, and the interior space was really impressive by segment standards. My height is just over 6 feet and I could stretch out comfortably at the back with the drivers seat fixed in my driving position. The Fronx will most likely match the interior space of the Glanza/Baleno, as it is based on the same.
• The compact dimensions make it very practical to navigate and park within the city, without compromising on interior space.
• With a long list of features such as 9” infotainment, 360 camera, heads-up display, premium audio system, etc. the Fronx is fair loaded in comparison to segment rivals.
• The 1.0 turbo + 6 speed TC auto has great potential here, and I sincerely do hope that Maruti has tuned this one better than the dull K15C AT.
• Safety rating is still a grey area for these newer Maruti cars, however it does get a fair bit of safety tech like 6 airbags, ABS, ESP, hill hold assist, etc.
• Design wise Maruti has done a pretty good job of differentiating it from the regular Baleno. It looks pretty sharp by crossover standards.

I see the Fronx as a great replacement for our daily beater 2012 Swift. I eagerly look forward to the comprehensive review of this car, especially the 1.0 turbo Automatic.
Nair.V8 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 18:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

After a long time, liked a car just by looking at the pictures, Maruti Suzuki has done a fine job with the rear of the car.

I said it before, and I say it again, the sub-4m smallish 'SUV' category is dishing out some very good-looking cars: Kiger, Magnite, Punch, W-RV and now the Fronx

This is going to be one massive hit, especially the 1.2L NA engine. While it appears underpowered, it will make perfect sense as far as frugality and price is concerned. I expect price overlap between the Brezza and Fronx. No wonder this is going to be sold through Nexa while the Brezza continues to be sold via Arena outlets.
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:15   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
I am looking for a daily office drive car for wife. Looking forward to Delta AGS or Delta plus AGS.

Any advice here as I feel both variants will be sub 10 Lacs on road Delhi.
A lot of the looks of the car are due to the headlights, I think the normal projectors would look pretty bland. Also this one has 16 inch alloys so it would be a slightly more expensive upgrade if you get the delta and buy alloys from outside. I wish they would have also provided the 1.2 NA in the zeta variant cause the zeta (only available with turbo) would easily be 1.5-2 lakhs over the Delta Plus 1.2.

I am trying to buy this car for my dad so efficiency of the 1.2 is much more crucial than whatever performance improvements the 1 L engine brings.
A777R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:29   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki FRONX will be the Baleno replacement for Australia in 2024.

The Suzuki Fronx city SUV has been unveiled in India ahead of Australian showroom arrivals due in 2024 – where it will serve as the indirect replacement for the defunct Baleno city hatch.

However, the Fronx is expected in Australian showrooms in 2024 – meaning it would need to come with autonomous emergency braking as standard, which becomes mandatory for newly-introduced passenger cars in Australia this March.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:45   #37
BHPian

People can't be satisfied no matter what...This car is gorgeous with a rare stylish design. Looks upmarket. Not sure what people expect from sub 4 meter cars.. Companies spend a lot on market study and research. Especially company like Maruti. Would you want to cater to 2-3% crowd that is more concerned about specs and enthusiastic driving or to the general audience who is satisfied with what they buy.. Trust me, I have owned i20 and new Glanza. Glanza's NA petrol engine is very eager and energetic in real world.
srkriz26 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 22:27   #38
BHPian

I literally thought that this was the Grand Vitara on first look, MSIL now has 3 cars in around the same price bracket with the same qualities, I wonder what their game plan with this one is.
Old 14th January 2023, 22:45   #39
BHPian

I'm sorry, but...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1611819842168066048

Harjot37 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 22:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post
I literally thought that this was the Grand Vitara on first look, MSIL now has 3 cars in around the same price bracket with the same qualities, I wonder what their game plan with this one is.
To make sure customer dont visit other showroom
Old 14th January 2023, 23:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

I hate to repeat a well-established opinion, but I don’t like the name. It’s not as if Punch wasn’t controversial enough, now there’s another one in the same segment. Nevertheless, I think this has the capacity to outsell even the Baleno if priced well (starting close to the Baleno and ending below the Brezza). Hopefully this was the reason for the Brezza’s optimistic pricing.

A 1L turbo from Maruti is quite a surprise; although rumours always suggested it, I had a feeling they’d eventually stick to NA engines (like they did with the Jimny). And direct injection - a first for a Maruti petrol?

I wonder how long it’ll be before this drivetrain makes it to other Marutis, like the Brezza, or maybe even a souped-up Baleno. And speaking of other Marutis, will the slow(er?)-selling Ignis still be on sale?

As for safety, what I find interesting is that as far as NCAP-related safety features go, this car is about as well equipped as a Skoda Kushaq which has the maximum ratings for adult and child protection. 2 airbags standard, 6 optional, ESC standard, i-Size approved, and - very welcome - three-point belts all-round. If crash performance is up to the mark I think this is easily a 4+ star car (both adults and children). The fact that Suzuki’s Australian distributor wants to import it is also reassuring.

Honestly, I’d wait for the Toyota corporate twin in hope of a better name alone. Not that Toyota excels in that department either - I half expect it to be called the Toyota Urban Cruiser Taisor - but Fronx is pretty hard to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post
I'm sorry, but…

Now you’ve got me seriously considering the possibility that that’s how they came up with the name.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 04:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Whatever does Fronx mean?
It might mean this

I'm excited and also kinda scared to see how we Desis mess up the OG Republic's name.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 15th January 2023 at 04:27.
Old 15th January 2023, 21:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Fronx in opulent red and black colour.

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213248_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213257_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213310_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213319_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213328_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213342_instagram.jpg

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230115213350_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 00:55   #44
A M
BHPian

The front looks to be inspired from the WRV and the rear looks inspired from the Urus. Overall, a Magnite and Kiger killer for sure.
Old 16th January 2023, 09:31   #45
BHPian

This is a very good looking car atleast from the image that's what I feel. Looks more proportionate than most sub 4m cars. They say it's been crash tested but maruti is yet to announce the results. Judging by this I have a feeling this car must have done well, otherwise maruti wouldn't risk doing a crash test.
Shonith is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks