Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 12:09   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

I am guessing the pricing would be in the lines of pre facelift vitara brezza. That way, they could fill the price gap in the product line.

Not everyone would want the turbo engine. Most city commuters would be fine with the 1.2L NA. MSIL should offer all variants with the 1.2L NA engine.
Benoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 13:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just want to emphasise here (if not done already by other TBHP member): The correct prononuciation is Fron-X and not Fronx (As in Fox)
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 13:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

The current gen baleno (2015 onwards) is ripe for modifications, new bumper/headlights, increased ride height.... voilà you have a fronx clone!

Brilliant opportunity for the aftermarket businesses.
Old 16th January 2023, 14:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The current gen baleno (2015 onwards) is ripe for modifications, new bumper/headlights, increased ride height.... voilà you have a fronx clone!

Brilliant opportunity for the aftermarket businesses.
It is just not that, even the Side Body, Back Door and Fenders have changed. That's a lot of body work.
Carma2017 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Just want to emphasise here (if not done already by other TBHP member): The correct prononuciation is Fron-X and not Fronx (As in Fox)
IIRC Shashank Srivastava in his interviews on the floor of expo called it Fronx and not Fron-X.
Old 16th January 2023, 14:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Nowhere in the official communication are they calling it Fron-X. If they had to, the lettering should have been designed accordingly like 'FronX'. I remember they had clearly done that for the Celerio-X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
IIRC Shashank Srivastava in his interviews on the floor of expo called it Fronx and not Fron-X.
I too recall the same.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is such a ridiculous name frankly. Sounds like someone made a mistake in the official process and discovered its too late to revert. Baleno-Sport would have been apt given the boosterjet option.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:58   #53
BHPian

I wonder how they arrived at that name Fronx, according to me Bronx was a better fit especially when it's based out of Baleno. Thoughts?
Old 16th January 2023, 17:13   #54
BHPian

This looks like an another absolute winner for Maruti. What I can't imagine is how are they going to price it? The only tiny vacant space would be between Baleno and Brezza. Obviously some models will overlap each other depending upon the variant. Does anyone else feel that this might just be a better product than the Brezza - one on one? Brezza probably has that safety edge over it I think but keeping that aside this looks like a winner in every other aspect. 6 Speed TC with that 1 lit Boosterjet engine would be my favorite though I'd keep my horses reigned in until I get a good test drive of it. If it really tickles my fancy, I will trade in my brand new Alpha AGS Baleno for this.

I think I need to start digging out older threads from the Baleno RS days to get an insight on the 3 cylinder booster jet unit.
Old 16th January 2023, 17:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fron-X almost sounds like 'Frown X' and it should be avoided IMO
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:01   #56
BHPian

Just trying to validate if my understanding is right: the Fronx has the same body shell of Baleno, albeit overall height raised by 50mm overall, front and rear portions reworked and wheel arches squared. I'm guessing the new GC to be 180 mm vs 170 mm of Baleno.

Height: The height of Fronx is 1550mm vs 1500 of Baleno. The competition (in terms of sales) - XUV300 , Kiger, Venue, Sonet, Punch, Nexon are all over 1600 mm. This makes it visibly less tall as well.

The weight of Fronx is about 20-30 Kg over Baleno and the 1.0 engine variants are 50(MT)-100(AT) KGs higher in comparison.

Expecting Fronx to be a blockbuster due to its visual appeal and choice of engine, transmissions. I guess the model will be a 12K plus sales due to the well planned pricing gap between Baleno and Brezza.
Baleno Alpha 1.2 MT - 9.21 Lakh
Brezza ZXI 1.5 MT - 12.30 Lakh.

There is a good ~3 L gap difference between them and the Fronx pricing should mirror the discontinued Brezza for the 1.0. Expecting the 1.2 variants to cost 50K over Baleno.

One prime difference between the two is the Heartect vs Global C platform. Even if the 1.5L of Brezza is replaced with 1.0 turbo engine. the pricing would hardly make a difference to the customers. The 15% GST benefits of 1.0 engine will be offset against its cost and makes no difference to the end consumer.

Safety wise Fronx/Baleno shouldn't be any different from Venue/Sonet. The active safety features like ESP are equivalent and passive safety of crash rating should be roughly equal. Only the Nexon-XUV300-Brezza are around 5*.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 19:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
There is a good ~3 L gap difference between them and the Fronx pricing should mirror the discontinued Brezza for the 1.0. Expecting the 1.2 variants to cost 50K over Baleno.
My guess is that Maruti will announce the pricing of Fronx & Jimny with a gap of few days/month in between. Even though they are both different body types, launching them together in possibly the same price range of 10 to 13L will confuse the buyers (aam junta). On one hand you get a good looking crossover with most of the creature comforts, turbo engine and space for 5 people in Fronx and on the other you get a cute SUV with 4x4 off-road capabilities and almost similar feature set in Jimny.

Last edited by Knightrider : 16th January 2023 at 19:20.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 18:58   #58
BHPian

I just read through the old Baleno RS thread. Everyone was quite enthusiastic about it except for the price which was quite high due to fact that it was an imported unit. Hope now it has been indigenaised and the incremental price is reasonable.

Booked the Alpha AT. Hope this time round the booster jet survives and makes a permanent place for itself
Old 17th January 2023, 19:12   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Just trying to validate if my understanding is right: the Fronx has the same body shell of Baleno, albeit overall height raised by 50mm overall, front and rear portions reworked and wheel arches squared. I'm guessing the new GC to be 180 mm vs 170 mm of Baleno.
As per Autocar India, Fronx has a ground clearance of 190mm.

Quote:
Since the Fronx is based on the Baleno, it is underpinned by Maruti’s Heartect platform. On the other hand, the Brezza is based on the TECT platform, which is just a renamed Global C platform that underpinned its predecessor as well.

Both fall under the sub-4m category to reap the benefits of various subsidies that the government provides. The Fronx measures 3,995mm in length, 1,765mm in width and 1,550mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,520mm. The Brezza has the same overall length, is 25mm wider but more importantly, is 135mm taller than the Fronx. However, the Brezza’s wheelbase is 20mm shorter than the Fronx. The ground clearance of the Fronx, at 190mm, is just 8mm lower than Brezza’s ground clearance.
Link
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 20:08   #60
BHPian

Only 1500 bookings in 5 days. Is it a DOA?

cartoq
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks