Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 17:04   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
It could be like, depending on the Jazz pricing, FIAT will come up with another killer price?
Thats what they did with Linea. But i personally feel launch of GP 2 months before Jazz would have actually made Honda also think about its pricing. Looks like Jazz and GP will be launched around same time now.
Old 27th February 2009, 17:07   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Thats what they did with Linea. But i personally feel launch of GP 2 months before Jazz would have actually made Honda also think about its pricing. Looks like Jazz and GP will be launched around same time now.
I seriously doubt. We have seen it when SX4 was launched.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 27th February 2009 at 17:08.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:56   #438
Senior - BHPian

check out this first post in this page

Autocar India Forums: Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

Fiat New Palio Multijet SDX Review, Fiat New Palio Multijet SDX Price Quote , Finance Fiat New Palio Multijet SDX, Comparison, Insurance - Automotive at MaxAbout.com

CEO talking about launch of new look palio.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:29   #439
BHPian

I did read the ACI March issue and as you said, Punto is expected in June. The same is said as part of an answer to a query from one of the reader.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:45   #440
BHPian

The GP was earlier slated to be launched in Mar'09 but has been delayed as Fiat is unable to cope with the demand for the Linea higher than anticipated. As per my source Punto will be launched in June/July as the pressure on supply of Linea will be eased by then. Palio is also expected to get a face lift but that would be later. I guess Tata's don't wan't to cannabalise the sales of Vista which are nothing great.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:52   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The GP was earlier slated to be launched in Mar'09
I have always read and heard of a June-July launch for the GP. I went to check out the Linea when it was newly launched and even the dealer (Fortune Nerul) said that the GP was coming mid year.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:56   #442
Senior - BHPian

Makes sense looking at the June/July time frame. They will mess up things if they launch it before June as Linea has already put enough pressure on manufacturing. I hope TATA guys are enough educated on 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MJD engine. When I had been to TATA service center in Pune, surprisingly I saw the entire FIAT section flooded by FIAT cars for servicing. Earlier it was half filled by TATA Indicas. I am rest assured about this TATA service center expertise as many of them are from closed FIAT dealership.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:46   #443
BHPian

The king is dead long live the king ? Palio Gone the Punto coming,SOON

Yes The news has been Conformed,It's going to be launched in 15days time, The Delivery will start from June 3rd Week, and it's going to be available with a 1.2 engine, 1.4FIRE & the 1.3 MJD. All these are information that I got from friends working in the Dealership, but most of the dealers are very much misinformed.Anyway we can get a clarity after there is a dealer training program.Already One of the Cochin dealers have placed an order for 22 Grande Puntos.

The not even one Palio have moved out of the Showroom floor for the past 3 months,nor have any new cars been coming from the factory which means the production of the Palio have came to a halt, the only cars which are in stock are Petrol and they seem to be just laying in yard for too long now, Inside information is that, Tata doesn't want Fiat to give the Palio a face lift as it may affect the Vista sales and push the prices up a little bit also, So they are doing what they deem fit, that is discountinue the palio and Launch the Punto at 5 Lakh + Range.

So much for the Joint Venture, It seems like Fiat is at Tata's mercy and all they seem to be doing is being an Engine Supplier.

Cheers

Muneem

P.S Let the usuall Yada Yada Begin.

Last edited by muneemmk : 30th April 2009 at 14:47.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:03   #444
BHPian

Thanks for the news Muneem!
DO you have nay idea what state of tune the 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 Multijet engines will be in?
I'm guessing the 1.2 will be the same 65 ps as the Indica Vista.
Fiat has two options for the 1.4 FIRE - a 16 v (as seen on the Linea - 90 ps) and an 8 v (75 ps if i'm not mistaken)
Will the multijet be the 75 ps version from the swift/palio/vista or the 85 ps from the linea?
Keeping my fingers crossed for the 1.4 16 v & 1.3 85 ps engines!!

Cheers - do keep us updated.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:10   #445
BHPian

A sad end of a great car.

Well hope for the best.

We wish punto will be even more praised than Palio.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:11   #446
Senior - BHPian

Good News. But sad to know that the Palios are being discontinued. Is it confirmed?
Old 30th April 2009, 15:11   #447
BHPian

Shucks, there goes one of the best hatches in India. :-(
Old 30th April 2009, 15:14   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

@Muneem, from your inputs, it looks like the King (Palio) has been killed, not dead !
Old 30th April 2009, 15:21   #449
BHPian

I think it is good news. The Palio MJD is a great car but has been around since 2002 and its interiors are boring and hence it way losing badly to Indica Vista QJD and Swift DDIS is time it was retired and Punto replacing it is good news.

Now the Vista and swift will have good competition.

There is no way that Punto MJD and Palio MJD could co-exist.
Only thing they could have done is kept the palio 1.1 petrol and strip it down very badly and have it compete with Santro/wagonr/i10 etc.
But that would lower the brand value of the Palio and hence what has happened is good for all.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 30th April 2009, 15:26   #450
BHPian

Ouch! The Palio is leaving us :(

Read in AutoCar that the Palio sales figures have increased this financial year. Linea's launch also helped to sell Palio.

Good that they at least intend to replace her with Grande Punto.

How confirmed is this news? Official announcement expected soon?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks