Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 09:53   #316
BHPian

I was trying to contact Fiat from CEO corner of Fiat's website, but I constantly get this error -

Please enter Proper data.

Click here To Go Back

Though I have entered proper comments, name & valid email address.
Old 4th February 2009, 09:56   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
does FIAT have any other engine which is below 1200 cc which would be enough for powering the Grande??
I hope Punto does not come with Palio 1.2 FIRE engine. At least in that case they should seriously remap the ECU for low end torque.
I would love to buy TJet Punto though
Old 4th February 2009, 09:57   #318
BHPian

GP with Linea's diesel engine would be just fine!
Old 4th February 2009, 10:31   #319
Senior - BHPian

Asked the following question at the CEO corner on Fiat India's website:

Quote:
Hello Rajeev, Do you plans to launch the Grande Punto with bigger engines like the 1.6MJD and 1.4 T-Jet Petrol? Thanks. Amit
Recieved the following reply:

Quote:
Dear Amit,

We do have plans to introduce the big engines in the Linea and the Grande Punto. But the final specs are what are in the process of Finalisation. Hope you would have to wait and watch how things shape up.

Regards,

Rajeev Kapoor
Old 4th February 2009, 10:49   #320
BHPian

I tried sending following mail, but the form showed error - "Enter proper data". I wonder why?? Wish FIAT had hired better people to develop their website!

Quote:
Hello,

I am looking forward to purchasing a premium hatchback soon. I was very disappointed by Hyundai i20 launch, as I find it overpriced & underpowered. I have been hearing news about Fiat's GP model being launched soon. I am very impressed with Linea's build quality and style and eagerly looking forward to GP launch for I think it could be the car for me. Could you please let me know couple of things about GP?

(1) Most importantly, when will it be launched? I think it would be a great success if you can launch it by March because of depreciation benefit.

(2) What are the engine specifications (CC and BHP) for GP? Will it have the same Linea engines (petrol & diesel)?

I would be obliged if you could let me know this.
Old 4th February 2009, 10:55   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Wow! Thats a great news. People craving for a linea with a better engine, please hold on to your purses still it is released. Wonder how much will the price difference be. Linea with a 1.6 MJD can out perform even the Laura.

Can FIAT do something to bring down the CC of the 1.6 MJD below 1.5 Litres? Something like what Hyundai did to the 1.2 Litre Kappa to bring down below 1.2 litres (1248 to 1197) for the tax excemptions?
Old 4th February 2009, 11:04   #322
Senior - BHPian

its nice to see that fiat is acknowledging that they are looking at bringing down more powerful engines. it will be nice, like the 1.1 stile and the 1.6, have two engines in parallel thus, giving the thrill seekers the much needed oomph!

Last edited by madan80 : 4th February 2009 at 11:04. Reason: spelling
Old 4th February 2009, 11:41   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

I suppose the big engines would take some time as they would watch how current Linea fairs in the Indian market. Once it has got a strong hold in the market with good solid numbers, they would not mind bringing bigger engines!

How long can you wait?
Old 4th February 2009, 11:54   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I suppose the big engines would take some time as they would watch how current Linea fairs in the Indian market. Once it has got a strong hold in the market with good solid numbers, they would not mind bringing bigger engines!
For some reason I have a feeling that we wouldn't be seeing bigger engines till 2011-2012 because 3 years from now both the Linea and GP will be up for a 'refreshment' or a 'all new model.'
Old 4th February 2009, 12:29   #325
Senior - BHPian

They certainly may have bigger engines on the cards but I wouldnt bet anything unless Linea is a success.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:38   #326
BHPian

I use my Palio mostly for long run. Done 37,000 KMs within 14 months of time. 170GC is very helpful for many ocasion. I wanted to upgrade to Palio Multijet but the interior is not good, also build quality is not up to the mark, what was there with old Palio's. I feel GP will come with more gound clearance I would definitly go for it. I heard Fiat is testing 110 bhp 1.3 multijet, hope GP will have this engine.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:53   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I use my Palio mostly for long run. Done 37,000 KMs within 14 months of time. 170GC is very helpful for many ocasion. I wanted to upgrade to Palio Multijet but the interior is not good, also build quality is not up to the mark, what was there with old Palio's. I feel GP will come with more gound clearance I would definitly go for it. I heard Fiat is testing 110 bhp 1.3 multijet, hope GP will have this engine.
Fiat already has 1.3 MJD with 105 bhp in their Lancia range of cars in Italy since more than a year.

Linea diesel has a GC of 161 mm. I am expecting more or less the same GC for GP, say, a couple of mm here and there.

I agree with Palio's 170 mm GC. It is a boon most of the times, what with speed breakers that are mountainous in nature in Bangalore. But, one thing I have witnessed in Palio is that the rear sits very low when you have more than 1 adult sitting on the rear seat. So, the rear has scrapped many a hump in Bangalore, though the front has never had a brush yet in the 5 years that I have been owning one.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:24   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Fiat already has 1.3 MJD with 105 bhp in their Lancia range of cars in Italy since more than a year.

Linea diesel has a GC of 161 mm. I am expecting more or less the same GC for GP, say, a couple of mm here and there.

I agree with Palio's 170 mm GC. It is a boon most of the times, what with speed breakers that are mountainous in nature in Bangalore. But, one thing I have witnessed in Palio is that the rear sits very low when you have more than 1 adult sitting on the rear seat. So, the rear has scrapped many a hump in Bangalore, though the front has never had a brush yet in the 5 years that I have been owning one.
I am talking about testing that engine in India.
I dont know what it calls, but there are rounded rubber beneath the rear shock absorber. You have 5 year old palio means those would has definitly gone, similler to my case. I have replaced it and significant improvement can be seen.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 4th February 2009 at 14:26.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:39   #329
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for steering off-topic, but thanks to pavan, I feel I have the answer to the problem I am facing in my Palio.

I am not aware that Fiat is testing the 110 bhp version of 1.3 JTD in India. If yes, that will be wonderful.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:26   #330
BHPian

Quote:
According to Mr Bonfiglioli, Fiat is exploring the option of adding the 1.6-litre Multijet diesel engine to the Ranjangaon assembly line. “We have the production process already in the form of 1.3 Multijet and will consider the 1.6 if there are enough volumes to warrant its inclusion,” he said.
The Hindu Business Line : Fiat plans low-cost car for India by 2012
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks