Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:26   #406
BHPian

Some eye-candy till we get to see the real one launched in India. I remember someone mentioned that the interiors in the version launched here is much better than the Thai version.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-f_01_l.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-f_03_l.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-f_04_l.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-f_05_l.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-f_06_l.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 18:34   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

@Djay- Can you comment more on the interiors and features that you noticed on the car? I have heard a few people get turned off by the Fortuner as they find it not much different from the Innova on the inside.
I presume it has Xenon lamps too since even the Altis comes with it. How was the Quality of leather? I hope better than the Altis?
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:19   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Some eye-candy till we get to see the real one launched in India. I remember someone mentioned that the interiors in the version launched here is much better than the Thai version.
This is the pre-facelift version. But I like this better then the facelifted nose.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:42   #409
BHPian

Mods - I know as a general practice external links are not allowed/encouraged but I felt with all the euphoria amongst the BHP community about the impending launch of the vehicle, this recent review on 4X4 forum of2009 Toyota Fortuner may be helpful.

I personally liked the off-roadability of the vehicle on this review video. This is indeed an impressive vehicle.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:30   #410
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner is about to launch in couple of months & it's almost evident how its going to look through the above photos & the test reports published in all the leading auto magazines. Anyway Toyota Kirlosker is still doing some final test to make sure the Fortuner too will keep up its reputation. Spotted few Fortuners being tested in & around Bangalore city. At first I spotted it from Yestwantpur Metro & later near Forum Mall @ Koramangala. The photos are from Koramangala. I saw its first on my side mirror, then I side my car to let them overtake me, but since it was heavy traffic my wife helped me to snap the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2840.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2841.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2842.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2843.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2844.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2845.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2846.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2847.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2848.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2852.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-img_2853.jpg  

Old 4th August 2009, 15:56   #411
Senior - BHPian

Nice job Hanmust with the pics, you seem to have taken quite efforts to click these pics.

So, 20 more days to go for the launch, have invites been shared ? Any idea where is the launch on 24th ?
Old 4th August 2009, 16:00   #412
BHPian

Atlast ,i am happy to see the fortuner in indian roads. A lot of folks have been waiting for fortuner launch. Good work by hanmust as he got really close pictures of a gonna be market leader. Great
Old 4th August 2009, 17:04   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
If the base model (2W, RWD) is priced around 16 lacs, Toyota can sweep a major share of customers from Safari and Scorpio bandwagon along with many waiting to join its own Innova stable as well. The action happening in the 11-14 lac SUV price bracket is at least 4 times more than in the 20-24 lac SUV price bracket.

But we can only wish that sense prevails to Toyota management. May be they are not looking or equipped to do large volumes and may price the Fortuner in the 20 lacs range as many have already confirmed through various sources.
Agree with you about pricing Vamp but it's also true that they don't have capacity. The Bidadi factory is puny. However, they do have plans for a bigger facility and when that comes up I wonder what they will do to prices - reduce them? Most car makers don't do that for fear of roiling resale value.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:34   #414

Fortuner - Which Colour?

Guys,

As a prelude to my returning home (India), i have already booked a fortuner with Ravindu. they told me that they have about seventy bookings already. (i honestly dont know whether this could be true). They are likely to receive only about 15-20 a month as told to me by them.

Now the interesting question. which colour do you think looks better on this vehicle. personlay my favourite is Black. It looks majestic and nice. but a bit difficult to maintain in indian conditions.

it is available in five colour options, white, silver, light blue, black and one other colour i completely forgot. I am going to decide based on all your suggestions only as we are the largest group of learned people when it comes to vehicles. Cheers.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:26   #415
Senior - BHPian

design is nice overall but i hate that intake on the front bonnet.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:30   #416
BANNED

they have about seventy bookings already. (i honestly dont know whether this could be true).

Might be true ..mate...Here in cochin alone 40 bookings are confirmed..
cheers
dilip
Old 6th August 2009, 11:56   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Nice job Hanmust with the pics, you seem to have taken quite efforts to click these pics.
Thanks, I find it thrilling to shoot autos especially while running.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:58   #418

the colours are the same as the innova - black, white, silver, light blue and grey.(dont know if the burgundyis included) Here in guragon the mgf dealer has already more than 160 bookings.

Though i agree black looks good - but in India DARK colours are very difficult to maintain - even the slightest amount of dirt shows very prominently. this is through experience.

the dealer revealed that black, white and silver are 95% of the total bookings. therefore these people will have to wait longer as they only expect 30 cars a month. those who have booked the light blue and grey are likely to get them faster.

the dealer has stopped taking bookings. but after the 24th they dont have a choice - i feel sorry for the sales staff as their job is going to get very tough and hectic. bookings after the 24 are going to be delivered january-february 2010.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:29   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vensum View Post
Guys,

Now the interesting question. which colour do you think looks better on this vehicle. personlay my favourite is Black. It looks majestic and nice. but a bit difficult to maintain in indian conditions.

it is available in five colour options, white, silver, light blue, black and one other colour i completely forgot. I am going to decide based on all your suggestions only as we are the largest group of learned people when it comes to vehicles. Cheers.
the white and black both look the best according to me. The dark grey should also look nice but i have to see it yet on this car. Silver will get too common in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
design is nice overall but i hate that intake on the front bonnet.
I just love it but then there is everyones personal choice. I think it gives it a more macho dont mess with me sort of look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markstewart View Post
the colours are the same as the innova - black, white, silver, light blue and grey.(dont know if the burgundyis included) Here in guragon the mgf dealer has already more than 160 bookings.

Though i agree black looks good - but in India DARK colours are very difficult to maintain - even the slightest amount of dirt shows very prominently. this is through experience.

the dealer revealed that black, white and silver are 95% of the total bookings. therefore these people will have to wait longer as they only expect 30 cars a month. those who have booked the light blue and grey are likely to get them faster.
Burgendy was not included, when the dealer in Bombay told me off the colours. The rest are the same as the colours available on the Innova.

Black looks great with the car and yes i agree it does show the minutest of dust on the car, but then again your not getting this car to stick to the roads only. A little dust would still look nice on this. If it was a sedan or coupe then it would have to be cleaned twice or thrice a day to make it look good.

In Bombay too maximum sales are of these three colours. The only difference being that these colours are called in large nombers, the other less selling colours would have to wait. I was told in Bombay (shinrai toyota) is going to get only 15 cars a month.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:50   #420
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the white is metallic? The sales guy at Nandi Toyota says it is not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks