Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:51   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am just curious why they even bother to mask it. Anyone with half a brain and an internet connection will know that it is the Fortuner !!
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Finally.
Have been waiting long for this.
Will surely book one of these.
Nice Catch buddy.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

great find.After all these years its finally on our roads.ACI was of the view that it ll come with a 3l diesel.Hope they are correct.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:04   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic!!!. Finally its on test. Can we guess it will be in the showroom in the next 6 months.

Will keep my eyes wide open to click pics of this vehicle.

By the way it looks huge.
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:54   #80
Senior - BHPian

TBH, I don't know what to make of it's looks. Sure it has road prescence, but I don't think I like how it looks. Will have to see it in flesh to judge.

cheers
Old 24th March 2009, 01:58   #81
BHPian

holy cow! this car looks like its going to throw away whatever is going to come in its way! (read - crv, outlander, captiva, endy, pajero, Xtrail and grand vitara)

it looks huge and looks its game for some serious offroading! hope toyota gets it right and gets it fully loaded and price it right, around 15 lakhs. I mean seriously.. who will even consider a captiva at 22 lakhs after this one's launched?! and the so called 4x4 captiva AT at 25 lakhs will be a seen like those exotics! and going by that side profile pic, its got big doors and looks like its very spacious from indside!

hope toyota gets the engine just right and also the interiors and feature list.. god I keep on saying this

the launch of this vehicle will not only be a massive blow on other SUV's in the segment (and a segment above and even below it!) but it will also hit the sales of sedan buyers of that range!

but as they say, you can expect the unexpected when its least expected..or something like that.. the all new safari might even give a somewhat fight to fortuner! as safari was always very comfortable and had great ride, they might just get the handling right this time who knows.. with all the technical help from landrover guys! its sure going to be better than we expect from tata's all these years for sure!
Old 24th March 2009, 10:39   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic! One of the most awaited SUVs finally shows signs of making it to our shores. It's going to be pretty interesting to see how Toyota prices it. I can hardly wait for a TD!
Old 24th March 2009, 10:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
...but I don't think I like how it looks. Will have to see it in flesh to judge.

cheers
Well, all previous UVs from Toyota haven't been a looker even from the remotest connotation of this word, BUT, they have been runaway successes. And if history is anything to go by, Fortuner would re-write it so far as SUV sales in Indian market is concerned - I am in no way comparing it with the 'desi' (in the positive way - no flames please) UVs. I would rather compare apples with apples

The only concern I have is about the timing of launch. Market/Economy is not northbound in foreseeable future. It would be interesting to see the market's response once Fortuner is launched.

Edit - Having said that, I (and most of the people in South-East Asia) find Fortuner to be quite a looker

Last edited by AlokSriva : 24th March 2009 at 10:49.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:58   #84
BHPian

By looking at pricing of other SUVs and comparing there size with this one, I feel this will be a 25+ lakh toy
Old 24th March 2009, 11:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Will not be less than 20lakhs for sure. D4D engine I hope.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

If you carefully look at the pics it is the preupdated model where the grill, head lights and taillight are masked. Look at the tail lights the new model has the clear/grey strip where you see red between the masking that may be the reason for covering as it is the old model with new model 17 inch wheels!! If I recall my source gave me an indication that it would be the latest model, they did confirm 3 liter diesel though.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:50   #87
BHPian

i am sure it must have been diesel did you near it and roll down window s to check the noise emmited ?
It must not have been possible to check if it was an A/T or manual !!
anyway s this confirm s to a certain extent that it s coming finally !!!
Old 24th March 2009, 12:39   #88
BHPian

Quite frankly speaking this car is 3 years too late. The 'NEW' fortuner is simply a face-lift with minor changes to grill/lights/etc. It is essentially a shared platform with the Innova &HiLux (pick-up truck) so one can compare for size accordingly. They have improved the suspension as its not a SUV but it is by no means comparable with a Pajero for off-roading!

i'm actually disappointed that its coming in now...its at the fag-end of its life cycle with an early 2005 launch and already a 2008 face-lift; how many more years will it compete with the fresh new CRV (2007) & Captiva (2006 mid?)

i hope they bring in the model with the premium grill (almost like the Landcruiser) and DVD nav system/Bluetooth goodies etc! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jas/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Wishful thinking...what else!
Old 24th March 2009, 15:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

its a diesel..Check the bonnet air intake which is available on the diesel model.
Dont expect it to be any less than 18-20 lakhs
Old 24th March 2009, 16:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

It will surely be priced in the premium segment priced at 20+ lacs by the look of it. Innova is a UV which is close to 11 lacs so it would be optimistic to expect a 15lac price on this one.

Good looker though. Will be lapped well by the market as in India roads are getting worse and people have money. SO sensible guys would go for this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks