Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 01:25   #361
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nikhil, just a question or a an observation rather. The tarmac/ black top here is quite different from what we have in India. I mean the highways here are screamers. There is so so much highway noise here. On Indian Highways where is not that much tyre noise from the highways, only the regular whoooosh for every passing vehicle.

May be the tyre selection undergoes some kind of localization and Dunlop bid for the Mitsu. Just a possiblity.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:02   #362
BHPian

Both Dunlop and Yokohama are OE on EVO X. Dunlop SP Sports 600 and Yokohama ADVAN A13. I saw an EVO in the Dubai Mitsu showroom last week with Dunlop tires. Earlier ones were with Yokos. AFAIK, both are equally bad, high road noise after few Kms. Atleast the Dunlops look better with the asymmetrical tread pattern on EVO. I dont think the EVO buyers will stick with OE tires for long. Those who can afford the car will definitely upgrade to better tires.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:36   #363
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys, stop fixating on the Euro EVO Xes. They are JDM machines imported by Mitsubishi Britain and then customized there. The FQ models are not available anywhere else.

The cars we get are the JDM versions. I see BBS wheels, which is the absolute top end GSR + Premium Package.
Old 16th July 2010, 19:11   #364
Senior - BHPian

Good news. Mitsubishi is going to buy HM's Chennai Plant!

Guys,here is the Scoop news of the week. None other WSJ says this:

Quote: Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMTOY) plans to acquire a factory of Hindustan Motors Ltd. (500500.BY) in south India as the Japanese auto maker wants to start independent operations in this expanding market for automobiles, said a person familiar with the matter.

2nd UPDATE: Mitsubishi Motors Plans To Buy Hindustan Motors' Plant - Source - WSJ.com
Sounds like true reason to Rejoice
Old 16th July 2010, 19:30   #365
Senior - BHPian

can't agree with the title

I couldn't agree with the title of the thread because of the pricing. I am sure even for a Mitsubishi Montero buyer will think twice before spending on Evo-x even if he is a die hard Mitsubishi fan.

The price cannot make me rejoice while I like all Mitsubishi cars, I am early waiting for the new Pajero sports.
Old 17th July 2010, 03:52   #366
BANNED

people are getting exited about this car like it is going to sell like hot cakes. its going to be priced more than a bmw 320d highline, and indian image likes bmw much better.
Old 17th July 2010, 05:33   #367
Senior - BHPian

It's a small Japanese saloon car with a fancy pants AWD system and a nutter engine. Do you think it'll be bought by anyone who cares about image?
Old 17th July 2010, 05:52   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It's a small Japanese saloon car with a fancy pants AWD system and a nutter engine. Do you think it'll be bought by anyone who cares about image?
Precisely. It's only for the people in the know, and if and when they launch it, act as a brand builder.
Old 17th July 2010, 07:11   #369
Senior - BHPian

in a country where logan outsold the indigo purely on the renault badge, i suspect people might think twice before putting down 30L on a "Lancer". yes, the die-hard mitsubishi fan might be excited as they know the difference, but the aam admi will say - aare - lancer key liye 30 lac? kya bath kar rehe ho? padosi ne naya lancer kharida hey - sirf 8lac key leye! how do you argue with that?
Old 17th July 2010, 10:27   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
in a country where logan outsold the indigo purely on the Renault badge, i suspect people might think twice before putting down 30L on a "Lancer". yes, the die-hard Mitsubishi fan might be excited as they know the difference, but the aam admi will say - aare - lancer key liye 30 lac? kya bath kar rehe ho? padosi ne naya lancer kharida hey - sirf 8lac key leye! how do you argue with that?
Cant agree more Madan, where people ask you to have bought a lancer or even an accent instead of cedia, one cannot argue on why the Evo has been picked instead of Audi, BMW or Merc. I have heard people saying that its better to buy an innova instead of outlander, forget EVO. Definitely only a die-hard Mitsubishi fan will opt for the car.

@Amartya, well said! its certainly for someone with engine oil in his veins.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th July 2010 at 10:35.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:32   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
in a country where logan outsold the indigo purely on the renault badge, i suspect people might think twice before putting down 30L on a "Lancer". yes, the die-hard mitsubishi fan might be excited as they know the difference, but the aam admi will say - aare - lancer key liye 30 lac? kya bath kar rehe ho? padosi ne naya lancer kharida hey - sirf 8lac key leye! how do you argue with that?

In this case the Padosi will have a Merc, in a reasonably expensive locality.

I'll just say it again, the Evo is not for the Lancer buyer, it's not for the Merc buyer, it's for someone who has engine oil in his veins.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:36   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Guys,here is the Scoop news of the week. None other WSJ says this:

Quote: Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMTOY) plans to acquire a factory of Hindustan Motors Ltd. (500500.BY) in south India as the Japanese auto maker wants to start independent operations in this expanding market for automobiles, said a person familiar with the matter.

2nd UPDATE: Mitsubishi Motors Plans To Buy Hindustan Motors' Plant - Source - WSJ.com
Sounds like true reason to Rejoice
@RajaTaurus, that would be the best thing if it happens in more than 5 years for us Mitsu owners and fans :-) Let's hope it comes about and HM does one good deed atleast!
Old 17th July 2010, 11:19   #373
BHPian

Man ! i love the Evo's in 2 Fast 2 Furious and TokyoDrift !!!! I was just shocked to see the reverse J turn it pulls off in the film.It turned me into an Evo fan instantly and of course WRC =) !
Old 17th July 2010, 11:43   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
In this case the Padosi will have a Merc, in a reasonably expensive locality.

I'll just say it again, the Evo is not for the Lancer buyer, it's not for the Merc buyer, it's for someone who has engine oil in his veins.
not really i have engine oil and all in the veins and when your pocket is going to be poorer by 50 laks your BRAIN has to be in the right senses. its a mitsubishi afterall no matter how good. it will depreciate like crazy which is a good thing because then i dont mind buying it. but over id anyday take a bmw over a EVO for that money. i love the evo but i sure as hell not playing STUPID living in india because of the tax structure at all. to each their own. i think all should be prepared to hunt for this car, not all are buying it surely. for 50 laks preowned nice cars too are available mind you. lets wait and watch. another excellent car but a flop in india they should launch the new lancer which i drove around in dubai 3 years back,
Old 17th July 2010, 12:02   #375
BHPian

2.2kmpl thats unacceptable
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks