Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 12:26   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fuel Price Thread

100bucks per ltr we are close by! seems like every month their will be a hike!

i guess public transport or cycle is way to go!

Its not just petrol prices of almost all essential commodities are shooting up, vegies being the leader!

Congress has been ranting that they are helpless, am sure they are shameless!!!
Old 16th January 2011, 12:57   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Boy, am I glad I retained the Splendor after buying the car!

At 65 KMPL even after logging 88000 KM, it is very light on the pocket. I am anyway forced to commute to work by bike because of the ongoing metro rail work enroute, and use the car for weekends when the entire family travels together. Suits me fine under the circumstances, I am even able to stick with Shell!
Old 16th January 2011, 13:02   #1638
Team-BHP Support

Stop cribbing everyone.
Contrary to what everyone else feels about my financial situation, at least the GOI feels that I have money to spend.

Old 16th January 2011, 13:07   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Stop cribbing everyone.
Contrary to what everyone else feels about my financial situation, at least the GOI feels that I have money to spend.

Ah, that is lateral thinking! And I am sure the Babus will not mind either, as they will get more conveyance allowance!

I wish Nano diesel and the Hero / Enfield diesel bikes hit the road pretty soon and watch the price of diesel afterward! After all, misery loves company!

Last edited by Gansan : 16th January 2011 at 13:18.
Old 16th January 2011, 13:24   #1640
Senior - BHPian

on one side, we can debate to death the govt policy and the way oil marketing cos are pricing petrol, but do we have a control on it ?

apart from showing keyboard enthusiasm, can we do anything on it - hell no. we wont even have the time to go out and vote in the next elections..

so wat is the next best option ---? go light on the pedal, try to improve your FE, reduce unnecessary trips, plan ur journey to combine mulitple short trips , cut down on some other bad habbits to make room for some savings etc etc..
Old 16th January 2011, 13:30   #1641
Senior - BHPian

^^ Make it a point not to use any of your vehicles/use only public transport at least once a week. I do. I will not touch even the Splendor on that day.
Old 16th January 2011, 13:36   #1642
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

glad I have a diesel vehicle. pity all the poor petrol vehicle owners.
these constant, arbitrary price hikes are taking their toll - even the price of peas is hitting 40 Rs a kg and Tomatoes at 60 Rs a Kg.
government doesnt seem to have any solutions to this galloping inflationary pressure.
as usual it is the poor middle classes and tax payers that need to bear the brunt where all the big politicos buzz around in their Q7s and Fortuners sitting pretty in air-conditioned comfort while everyone else suffers.
Old 16th January 2011, 14:30   #1643
BHPian

No one cares

Till the politicans and babus do not have to pay for their petrol the hikes will continue . Will use my alto even more sparingly . I have used it 26.5 k in 6.25 years .
Old 16th January 2011, 16:01   #1644
BHPian

Oil companies wanted to increase diesel prices but since it will add further inflationary pressure , govt told them to punish us petrolheads instead . Given the current economic state of the country it is indeed a comedy of tragedy that PM of India is an economist.

Last edited by spookey : 16th January 2011 at 16:04.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:11   #1645
BHPian

Well, another fuel hike and another furor. But unfortunately, we have a tendency to accept this. I’m afraid the resolutions to not use the vehicles will soon wear off. I remember when the petrol price first breached the Rs50 mark, there was a huge furor among my friends and colleagues and predicted that sale of cars and other private vehicles would drop!! This was in 2005 or 2006. funny part is at that time NO one in our group had cars. We were only using 2 wheelers. Now, in 2010, ALL of us (about 20 or 30) have cars and many have two cars!

The number of new models of cars which are coming out per year is also high! So on a philosophical note, yes, every fuel hike, it pinches the pocket, but human mind is such that we forget it in few days and its back to daily grind.

But sigh, yes, it does make more sense to go for a diesel car these days! At least a hike in diesel price leads to some amount of commotion @ various political party levels.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:12   #1646
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how much sense this makes, but I feel looking at the way fuel prices are increasing, it makes sense to live in a rental apartment(especially if you are a bachelor) somewhere close to your workplace, to reduce your commute to almost zero.

So a 10 minute walk to work will definetely help build a huge saving from the saved petrol and vehicle expenditure.
This however, my not be practical for many.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:59   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully we also get the increment this year considering the increases in petrol prices and food inflation. Then it would be justifiable. Otherwise, it would be a disaster for people like us. By the way oil cos are raising the prices, we will soon see Rs.100/ltr of petrol.

@ spookey: No doubt our PM is an economist but he is sourrounded by all corrupt babus and bearucrats who care a damn about the people. Moreover, IMO, he is not bold encough to take some tough decisions in the interest of country and aam aadmi. God save this country...
Old 17th January 2011, 08:16   #1648
Senior - BHPian

It is no wonder then that 'Kalki' appears on a horse . .
Old 17th January 2011, 09:31   #1649

Abominable as the price rise is, you can do nothing about it - other than stop driving completely!
Also, i have a slightly different take on this - and one that's open to criticism. Look at it this way. Ask yourself how much petrol do you use a month. If it is a 100 litres, then the price rise is only Rs 250 for the entire month. Surely that's manageable!
Old 17th January 2011, 09:42   #1650
Senior - BHPian

As long as "freebies" and "reservations" are in India, this will continue.

And its really pity to see the current state inspite of 2 finance gurus in the government. And as PC accepted, we have no tools to know about the reason of inflation. So, forget controlling it.

I am afraid, this LPG for domestic is further going to head north.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks