Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 18:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Internationally SX4 is available with 1.9 Diesel and the turbo charger is not VGT. Hence the output wont be around 140-150bhp, but still if would be nice to see a diesel under SX4. Now about the license, I think suzuki can bring this one from Europe rather than producing it here. And its mostly true that Suzuki has license to produce just the 1.3 in India. But there are some chances that Suzuki can procure the 1.9 from Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti is testing a 1.9L MJD SX4 and pricing will be in the range of 8.5L.
Please mention the source. Earlier I was informed by MASS that the Swift Dzire will come with M series engine, which was false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
They are indeed completely new platforms !! Swift which was all new entrant between WagonR and Esteem, SX4 is one which replaced Baleno lately. Though to some extent both of them shares engines from Esteem and Baleno but not completely.
SX4 is based on extended Swift platform and its not entirely new from grounds up design. Swift platform was the one to be designed from scratch and it has spawned SX4, Splash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The Swift-P uses the Esteem's 1.3L engine in India (in other countries, I think it uses a 1.6L engine). But the SX4 does not use the Baleno's engine. SX4 uses a different series of engine, even though both are 1.6L engines.

The Esteem engine is not a good choice for the heavier-by-100kg Swift. The Baleno's torquey 1.6L motor would have been just perfect, not only for better city drivability & highway performance, but would have been more FE also, inspite of being a higher displacement engine. But then Maruti being Maruti.
Internationally Swift uses M13A and M15A for normal versions and M16A with VVT and high state of tune as Swift Sports producing around 125bhp.
Baleno motor was the best bet and if they do a bit of engineering to bring output around 100bhp, Swift will absolutely have no competition.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:56   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
If launched, the SX4 diesel will redefine the term "Waiting time"

e_l,
Fiat wants some numbers on the chart. 1.3 should give better mileage than 1.9 and thats what sells in India
then maruti is the god when it comes to mileage.maruti are just stuck to the mileage and people's car philosophy.going by this thinking i dont think that there will be a 1.9d.
Old 19th February 2009, 22:44   #123
BHPian

Maruti should forget, MEN ARE BACK! if they want to bring 1.3 diesel in SX4.
The car's styling is meant for high powered engines. A weaker engine will make it an incapable man!
Old 21st February 2009, 18:04   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Maruti should forget, MEN ARE BACK! if they want to bring 1.3 diesel in SX4.
The car's styling is meant for high powered engines. A weaker engine will make it an incapable man!
now there you have actually put the way sx4 is??

is there any sx4 sports model in the line too?? i heard that it is coming for around 10 lakhs??
Old 22nd February 2009, 00:09   #125
BHPian

Why get the 1.9jtd fgt when they can have the stupendous 1.6vgt

The major parts difference between the 1.3vgt and the 1.6vgt is just three. If they want to steam roll the opposition they just need the 1.6vgt in the SX4. I will have any car below 10lakh with 1.6vgt in my drive way the day its released in India.

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:07   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
. .
SX4 is based on extended Swift platform and its not entirely new from grounds up design. Swift platform was the one to be designed from scratch and it has spawned SX4, Splash.

news for me. i was thinking that SX4 is in same platform as fiat Sedici. Designed by some italian in joint venture of fiat & suzuki.
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:38   #127
BHPian

well i have just heard from reliable sources (well almost) that Maruti is indeed working on a diesel prototype for the SX4.

The downer is that it is the same 1.3 diesel unit doing its rounds on the Swift D - but will be tuned specifically with a variable geometry turbo that will boost it close to 100 PS. Torque would be up to 210 Nm - driveability would be decent, the power delivery linear (unlike the Swift D).

The power to weight ratio seems okay actually on paper -will wait till end of this year/next year as road tests are on.

And the age old Indian question "mileage kya hain" (whats the FE) - well i guess anything aroudn 11-13 in city and 15-18 on hwy.

On hindsight Maruti should re work on the campaign - (Mature) Men Are Back.
Old 22nd February 2009, 16:09   #128
rippergeo

1.3? that is going to be a disappointment. especially after all the talk of a 1.9l
Anyways- we shall wait and see.

Old 22nd February 2009, 17:04   #129
BHPian

Ideally, it should be the 1.6 to keep prices in check and keep the MAN thing alive in SX4. 1.3 would be too puny for hauling 1250kgs.
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:15   #130
BHPian

i think they should atleast launch the sx4 sport here. they have it in usa and it sells too i think.
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

1) They are still trying to cope up with the demand for the Swift diesels
2) They are still trying to cope up with the demand for the Swift DeZire's.

And now you think they are gonna launch the SX4 in diesel avatar? Come on!

Quote:
i think they should atleast launch the sx4 sport here. they have it in usa and it sells too i think.
Right. No one can beat our Suzuki in this department. Know what their Sport is? Check out a Estilo Sports.

In USA, Hyundai sells better these days.

All I want from Suzuki i: maintain quality.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd February 2009 at 22:41.
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:42   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
1) They are still trying to cope up with the demand for the Swift diesels
2) They are still trying to cope up with the demand for the Swift DeZire's.

And now you think they are gonna launch the SX4 in diesel avatar? Come on!
What'll be the waiting period? 2 years?
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:46   #133
BHPian

Good news for diesel fans.
Considering a 50K premium for the diesel (to be competitive), the SX4 Vdi should be around 7.10 L ex-showroom whereas the ZDi would be around 7.8 L ex-showroom. Tough time for Linea!
If they can price it lower than these, they are going to burn the competition.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:11   #134
BHPian

If MSIL offers the 1.6DDiS for a 50K premium, than its definitely a STEAL!!! But i think it would be a hike of 80-90k over the VXI-ZXI, considering the difference in Dzire petrol and diesel models..
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:11   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
i think it would be a hike of 80-90k over the VXI-ZXI, considering the difference in Dzire petrol and diesel models..
Even at a hike of 80-90k, it'll make a huge dent in the Verna's sales figures.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks